• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samsung Galaxy S4

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
As some of you may know the GS4 was presented yesterday. I have to say it looks like it'll have some pretty cool features. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but I don't know if I'm going to get this phone. I was thinking of waiting to see what Apple will have to offer or see if Samsung will be coming out with a Note 3.

galaxy-s-4.jpg

What do you guys think?

As some of you may know the GS4 was presented yesterday. I have to say it looks like it'll have some pretty cool features. I'm eligible for an upgrade now, but I don't know if I'm going to get this phone. I was thinking of waiting to see what Apple will have to offer or see if Samsung will be coming out with a Note 3.

galaxy-s-4.jpg

What do you guys think?
Apple's next phone is highly unlikely to match the quality of the S4. I'd go with the S4. Apple's next phone is highly likely to keep the same basic iOS operating system, and it is nearly impossible to trump the specs of the S4.

Just got the S3 in November. Damn, I just can't keep up.

In fairness, you were behind when you got the S3 in November.

Meh, I'm happy with my S3 and for myself and I found the Note 2 obnoxiously big for a phone.

Apple is fine but I'm more than happy with Samsung and I don't think the S4 is gonna have a feature I really, truly care about that will make me buy it.

Meh, I'm happy with my S3 and for myself and I found the Note 2 obnoxiously big for a phone.

It really isn't. It takes about one day to get used to the larger size and it becomes normal after that. You can insert your own mom jokes from here.

Apple's next phone is highly unlikely to match the quality of the S4. I'd go with the S4. Apple's next phone is highly likely to keep the same basic iOS operating system, and it is nearly impossible to trump the specs of the S4.

Good point. I don't know if the S4 is really worth it though.

I've heard good things about the Nexus 4 as well but I've never owned an LG phone. I'm pretty loyal to Samsung phones now.

I wish I could look into the future and see how the Note 3 is going to be. The titanium gray version of the Note is truly a "sexy," phone.

And, I'll be behind when I get the S4 or S5 in two years.
But you won't be behind when April comes around if you get the S4.

I've heard good things about the Nexus 4 as well but I've never owned an LG phone.
Take away the fact it is a pure Android phone, and the "good things" die down rather quickly. If you compare the Nexus 4 to the S4, the S4 specs are superior.

I wish I could look into the future and see how the Note 3 is going to be. The titanium gray version of the Note is truly a "sexy," phone.
Indeed it is, which is why I carry it.
My gf has a Note 2 and the size was an issue for me. My pocket holes are simply too small to take on that phone.

You're not one of those who wear skinny jeans, are you? I wear khakis and my phone fits with no problem. Gym shorts and sweat pants, no problem. I don't wear jeans except on the rarest of occasions, and the Note fits as well in my jeans as the iPhone 4 did.

But you won't be behind when April comes around if you get the S4.

Take away the fact it is a pure Android phone, and the "good things" die down rather quickly. If you compare the Nexus 4 to the S4, the S4 specs are superior.

I do appreciate the pure Android experience, but I don't think the Nexus 4 is an LTE phone either. Besides, if you were in such dire straights for the pure Android experience, developers are figuring out how to root phones quicker then ever these days and Cyanogenmod has been a great source as a ROM for that pure Android. Otherwise the S4 specs blow everything out of the water, except the Note II.

Indeed it is, which is why I carry it.

Seconded.

You're not one of those who wear skinny jeans, are you? I wear khakis and my phone fits with no problem. Gym shorts and sweat pants, no problem. I don't wear jeans except on the rarest of occasions, and the Note fits as well in my jeans as the iPhone 4 did.

I have no problems carrying mine in my pocket. I wear regular jeans when I'm not working and slacks/khakis for work and both are just fine.

Nah I'm not one of those I just like having a phone that's not too wide when I'm walking around and my S3 is smaller than the Note 2's screen. The Note 2 is a better phone but the S3 did enough for me and is small enough I don't notice it. It's not so much it can't fit in my jeans (even though my pockets are usually full of shit) its just uncomfortable for me in certain situations. I tried out the Note 2 for a few days before I decided (luckily my gf let me borrow hers while I figured out which phone I wanted) and I just didn't want a phone that big and being a giant I don't like stuff that makes me feel less like a giant.

Nah I'm not one of those I just like having a phone that's not too wide when I'm walking around and my S3 is smaller than the Note 2's screen. The Note 2 is a better phone but the S3 did enough for me and is small enough I don't notice it. It's not so much it can't fit in my jeans (even though my pockets are usually full of shit) its just uncomfortable for me in certain situations. I tried out the Note 2 for a few days before I decided (luckily my gf let me borrow hers while I figured out which phone I wanted) and I just didn't want a phone that big and being a giant I don't like stuff that makes me feel less like a giant.

I agree. Way too big for a phone. If you guys like big phones, you might as well get a Galaxy Note 8. I wonder if that comes with a belt clip... :lmao:

I agree. Way too big for a phone.
To the best of my knowledge, only two people in this thread actually own a Note 2, and both have said it's not too big. It's different at first. You definitely have to get used to it. But once you get used to it, you hardly notice it.

However, the difference in screen size between the Note 2 and the S4 is not significant, so either screen would be an upgrade over something like an iPhone.

The only time I notice the size increase is when I hold a smaller phone like the S3 and it's even worse when I hold an iPhone. Makes me wonder how people get by with such a tiny screen.

My front pockets are designated for other items, which moves my phone to my back pocket. It's already awkward enough. A bigger phone just makes it worse. I'm perfectly fine with the size of my screen now. No need to make it worse.

The only time I notice the size increase is when I hold a smaller phone like the S3 and it's even worse when I hold an iPhone. Makes me wonder how people get by with such a tiny screen.

I'm the same way. When people give me an iPhone to look at something, I usually have to do a double take, just to get used to the size.

When people switched over from small flip phones to bigger touch screen phones I'm sure it was "different," but people get used to having a bigger phone in their pockets. Same case here with pretty much any phone smaller than the Note.

Maybe the people who don't like the Note are people with very small hands, and as such the phone is too large for them to comfortably handle.

I am due for an upgrade now (I thought it was June, but apparently I got an email saying I'm due already). I have an HTC Inspire every since June of 2011, which was good for me 2 years ago since it was only 99 bucks, compared to the top of the line Droid which was like 300 or something.

When does the S4 come out? And the new Note? I want to wait until they come out and have their prices revealed before making any decision.

Maybe the people who don't like the Note are people with very small hands, and as such the phone is too large for them to comfortably handle.

I am due for an upgrade now (I thought it was June, but apparently I got an email saying I'm due already). I have an HTC Inspire every since June of 2011, which was good for me 2 years ago since it was only 99 bucks, compared to the top of the line Droid which was like 300 or something.

When does the S4 come out? And the new Note? I want to wait until they come out and have their prices revealed before making any decision.

The S4 is supposed to be released toward the end of April. The Note was just released in November, so it probably will be a while.

The eye sensor thing will surely be a problem for people who wear glasses. Or for adverts.

I just remembered that I signed up for the $50 gift card thing that Best Buy was doing if you upgrade with them. Maybe I'll do it through them instead of directly with T-Mobile.

Eh I just got the S3 in late October so I couldn't get this anyway. Not that I would, I'm having enough problems with this phone.

What exactly do you mean by "due for an upgrade"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back