• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe's PUSH??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

Pre-Show Stalwart
02/05/2007 by Ryan Clark - According to reports, there is talk that Samoa Joe is in for a major push in the next few weeks. So, it looks like things could get rolling for Joe starting with the Against All Odds PPV this Sunday and the TV tapings that follow it. Given the recent information about his departure from Ring of Honor, this news shouldn't come as a big surprise and looks to be the reason why TNA never fully took Joe to the top during his stay with the company.

LMAO!! I mean I know the guy didn't hold the World Title or anything last year, but wouldn't you guys call going undefeated a major push???? Undefeated in over a year and 1/2 or something, and now here it comes guys, THE MAJOR PUSH! LOL.. What are they gonna do this time, give him the World Title for 2 years? I don't think Angle will win this weekend so my guess is Joe will go on to face Cage for the title next, and Angle will face Steiner. I guess it's a MAJOR PUSH, but the guy has already headlined the last 3 PPVs. (Ok he wasn't in the main event, but it was all they advertised for the show) I'm not sure what this so called MAJOR push is going to entail, but I wouldn't get my hopes up of anything bigger then what he was or is right now.

I definitely think TNA screwed up with Joe! If you were going to give him the title, and make it mean something big....then you should have done so while he was undefeated! I mean imagine Goldberg(who I'm in no way comparing to Joe.Joe's much, much better) losing his undefeated streak before beating Hogan for the title. It would still be a big accomplishment, but not as big as it was. That's why I think TNA would have been better off holding back on the Angle/Joe feud until it lead to Joe beating Angle for the NWA World Heavyweight Title! Then wait a few months for the rematch. Imo, that would have been the best way to push Joe.

As it stands now, I still want to see Joe as champ. Though like I said it won't be as big a moment as it could have been.

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. That's how I would have liked to see it play out too. There are a few people deserving of the World Title in TNA now. Angle, Joe & Cage being the three I like. Not to mention others that are just outside the bubble, Abyss, Sting, AJ, Jarrett.
Cage is still undefeated too right? I wonder if they do go with Cage vs Joe, if it'll be cause Joe costs Cage the title? It's hard to say, and I know TNA probably wants to put the title on Angle soon. I'm just not sure when Joe would ever get a decent run with the title. Either Cage drops it next month to Joe, then Angle fights Joe again later in the year for it, or Joe is left to battle Cage while Angle holds the title, then Joe takes it from him later in the year.

As for this major push though, it has to be a big title run.

Angle coming to T.N.A. was the worst thing for Joe. He was slowly becoming the biggest star in the company. But with Angle coming in there was no way he could compete. If they had'nt had the Joe/Angle feud straight away they could have built Joe up a bit more and then have im feud with Angle.

As it stand's now who would you rather see as champion? Joe would still be a good choice but Angle come's across like more of a star. Even Cage come's across like more of a star now the Angle/Joe feud has finished.

I think angle was good for TNA, very very bad for joe. He doesn't deserve being downgraded, but in this 'major' push i hope he gets the NWA title.

Dont get me wrong. Angle going to T.N.A. is great but Joe has suffered since he's come there. It should have been Joe who was made to look the most dominant in there feud and it should have been him who ultimatley won it. It should also be Joe who should be challenging Cage for the title at Against All Odd's. Angle does'nt need the title wheras it would do wonder's for Joe. It would give his upcoming feud's new meaning. Angle could easily go a few month's just having ''Dream'' match's with the like's of Petey Williams, A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels before moving into a World Title feud.

Yeah no doubt, Angle doesn't need the title. He's already recognizable. I like that Cage has it right now. In fact I'm in favor whenever a heel has it (well someone that hasn't had it for awhile or all the time-HHH/JJ) because it gives the face something more to fight for. Plus I like Cage, his flagrant responses & pretty good mic work, atleast does it's job. I'd like to see Angle hold it next though. But IF RVD joins, maybe Joe should get it next, because then he'll slip one more rung down the ladder. Even though a Joe vs RVD feud is much more appealing then Angle vs Joe.

I think the big loser in all of this is Cage. If Cage drops the belt this Sunday, he will be viewed as a transitional champion much like Edge in WWE.

Joe's getting the push because TNA made him cut his association with ROH. He will become NWA champion becuase he will now be TNA's champion, rather than TNA's champion who sometimes works for ROH as normal wrestler.

Joe needs to reach the next step in his career and that is the NWA championship. He deserves to hold that title more than anybody in TNA, and I hope he gets it soon. I think he had a de push when he lost to Angle straight away and that was a terrible move to end his winning streak. This is seen as a rebuilding stage from my perspective, and a well deserved one so I think this is a push for him. He can't go back to the X-Division, and he doesn't look like being in the doghouse so all signs point to a lengthy title picture reign. This is the kind of feud Angle should be in a year from now, but I sure he will be thrusted into a feud with Joe over the title, and that could hurt Joe's chances of ever holding it for the length of time he has warranted over the last 2 years. It is about damn time that he got a shot, because he has proved to everyone he deserved it and he has been a great find for TNA, so that should automatically make him the highest priority for TNA, ahead of guys like Angle, because he has done a lot for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back