• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe is Back

wrestling fan 666

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is it me or is TNA finally using Samoa Joe right? When he first came onto the scene, he was a wrecking machine. He would take great joy in tearing apart opponents, making them bleed, and then smear their blood on his chest like a trophy. This is the Joe we know and respect; not the one laying down for the likes of the Pope. His one man wrecking crew destroying the BFG top ten is refreshing. I would like to see him go back to having no friends and attacking faces and heels; could imagine his fights with Bully Ray?...or even renew the feud with Angle?

What do you think of this?

Will Impact (TNA) keep up the storyline after BFG?

The difference between this Joe and the one that first came on the scene is that the one who first came on was also riding an unbeaten streak; little else.

Frankly, I'm glad he's back to the Joe of old. The experiments he's gone through were worth the risk trying to reinvent what was becoming an old character, but at one point or another most stars tend to return to what worked for them off the bat, and that's seemingly the case here with Joe, which is good for him and good for TNA.

Joe, like AJ, is one of those guys TNA can count on to always wrestle a solid match no matter who he's up against and because of that having him back into a prominent feud with purpose assures them a great match-up at No Surrender/Bound for Glory.

TNA kinda stopped caring about him after he lost the belt to Sting at BFG 08 and then Joe stopped caring and put on some weight. Personally I think it's good their reshaping the Samoa Joe character especially after being used as a tool over the past few years.

I agree. Honestly I don't think they cared about him until Stone Cold said to give him a green light push, and then TADA! Joe is a wrecking machine again.

His character is finally getting good again and he looks to be in better shape, not good shape, but probably better than his initial run.

I see good things coming from this.

the only reason TNA is using him right is because they know that if he got tired of being used wrong and didnt resign wwe would pick him up right away so instead of losing one of their top stars to a rival company they are trying to make him happy so he will stay i just hope hes in wwe soon

hmmmm.... ok, fine i'll be the jerk that disagrees... I got into tna around 08, I saw joe as some fatass that wasnt anything.... I finally saw him in action awhile later and thought he was badass but that was later.... They always say dont judge a book by its cover and all that bs but i did, just like i will continue to when it comes to my tv time, so whatever, he isn't that marketable and tna was smart to keep him as a midcarder... he really looks like the rock's bloated brother. people need to recognize that. can he get over? yes, but its gotta be with others help. Mankind didn't get over without others help, but he got over after others created compelling storylines with characters people could get along with. So i dunno guess im the asshole in this situation but i'm trying to look at it from an outsiders perspective

Doesn't Joe go through these phases? "JOES A MONSTER!!!" "joe's lost it" "O SHIT JOE IS PISSED AND IS A MONSTER" "joe's lost it" "O SHIT JOE IS PISSED AND IS A MONSTER"

It's because they don't know what to do with him after a while. He can't just keep destroying people. WWE went through the same trends and struggles with Kane.

Alright Joe, stop blowing it, don't be lazy and prove you deserve the spot. Joe can be awesome when he's working hard, we've seen lazy Joe for a while, now is the time to stop!

Haven't they not done this before? Joe goes on a streak of domination for a month or two and then they have someone undeserving with little to no reason for beating him, beat him and then use him incorrectly for the next several months, borderline a year until they give him another one of these charges up the TNA ladder and the same process begins again.

His "Nation of Violence" angle was destroyed in so many ways, while if done correctly it could have had some source of success.

The one thing though which sticks out in my mind, is that TNA are doing this due to the recent reports that Joe is strongly contemplating taking his ass over to WWE. With Austin's support it isn't like WWE would have Joe on their radar, he's Samoan which WWE have a genuine love for, although not many turn out to do anything asides the occasional case in The Rock and to a degree Umaga. And CM Punk having Vince's ear would also add to the possible interest from WWE.

I think this is to keep Joe happy, I'm happy he'll be given another push again, but I don't think this is the Samoa Joe of old. I just think this is a normal push, and when you push someone of Joe's size you have to make him dominant to really get him over.

I think all the failed attempts on Joe are that he can not be anyother charcter besides a one man wrecking crew. It's all he has been and its all he knows. Joe was huge for a good year an when Angle came in and beat him its been a downward spiral from there. Joe deserve the badass role (again) but whats going to happen when it flakes out. This is the same case with Abyss. Abyss and Joe are in the same sinking ship. Face, Heel, Face, Tweener, Face, Heel-by this point no one cares. I was getting to the point were Abyss and Joe would team up and destroy the Tag Division for it'd be something good to see and it would keep em busy. So here we are and now Joe is going to be the Monster again until someone beats him and he gets lost in the shuffle AGAIN.

They guy is really good, he is intimadating and scary when he brings the violence. If this fail then they need to create a story to make him and Abyss a tag team to keep that division relevant. Other then that I sadly see Joe going to WWE. AN if anyone has watched Joe vs Punk then you know they can produce a damn good match.

For some reason everybody thinks that Joe's back because he'S been beaten up guys backstage and started a heel run, but isn't this the same thing hes been done on and off since he join TNA? What there doing with him right now doesn't mean he'S going to get push, i wouldn'T be surprised if it just a way for TNA to feed him to Matt Morgan and they start a little feud between the 2 in which Morgan beat the living shit out of Joe before Joe get DQ, then it goes to a No dq match at Bound For Glory and Morgan destroyed Joe.

The fact of the matter is simple, TNA is trying to kill Joe's status to the point that if he does sign with WWE, he's not going to get has big of a contract has he would have gotten a few years ago when he was the face of TNA.

Samoa Joe is known as the super-wrestler. He's a submission maniac and his best work is in the ring, winning matchs, being the best in the World at it. Having him brawling and attacking people is not his style. In fact so far he doesn't look tough at all, he sneak attack people and when they strikes back, he's at the losing end of the stick. Against Morgan the only way he could win was by hitting him in the nuts. How the mighty have fallen.

TNA has never gotten Joe and they never will. And Russo so far has been the worst in understanding what Joe was all about.

I don't know if Samoa Joe is back, as all I've ever seen is lazy, uninterested, Joe. So from my perspective this will be more like a new Joe, rather than Joe being back, if he keeps it up that is.

After seeing the Morgan/Joe segment, one of the first things that popped into my head was "Does Samoa Joe need new ring gear?" He looks a lot more legit as someone threatening when he's fully clothed IMO. When he wears those belly warming short things, he just looks like a bit of a fat idiot to me and I can't take him seriously as a wrecking ball. But for some reason (the jeans and t-shirt most likely) I actually thought Joe looked like a serious threat to Matt Morgan when watching this weeks iMPACT!

He isn't back. They're probably just gonna build him up so he can put Morgan or Crimson over

while im NOT a fan of samoa joe i do LIKE this verison of him hes kicking ass and taking people out left and right we can only hope he stays like this after BFG...although while i think he needs to keep taking people out i think he needs to lose to matt morgan at the upcoming ppv (which im drawing a blank on the name of sadly) but other then the upcoming ppv where i just cant see a clean ending coming between him and morgan (leading to BFG where they will probably have a no dq match or something along those lines) i think joe should be unstoppable and get another big win streak...just please keep him out of the title picture i never liked him as the heavyweight champ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back