• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe and R.O.H. Part Way's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
In today's Ring of Honor Video Wire, Samoa Joe announced that he will be leaving Ring of Honor after the promotion's March 4 event in Liverpool, UK. Samoa Joe commended the promotion, saying that "Ring of Honor was the place he was able to go out and be Joe". He stated that "The Samoa Joe Farewell Tour" would begin on February 16, and end with the Liverpool show on March 4. In a cryptic comment, Joe ended his statement by saying he "was forced to say farewell to ROH".

"I'd like to start this off by saying thank you. Thank you to the Ring of Honor fans. Thank you to the Ring of Honor loyalists. For all those who helped make this grow and become what it is today and for those that will continue to help this grow and become bigger and better in the days to come. It has come to light that my tenure here in Ring of Honor will soon be coming to an end. As most of you know, a great deal of my heart, a great deal of my soul, a great of who I am as a wrestler, as a person is linked to this promotion and what I've done in it. I started out in Southern California and did my best to hone my skills, but Ring of Honor was the place where I go to display that. It was the place where I got to go out and be Joe and that's all I had to be. The past three years, three plus years, hell, damn near four now, I've called this place home. I have proudly carried its banner and I've proudly displayed my work here to all those who would see it. So, in light of that, I am making an announcement that the Samoa Joe Farewell Tour will begin on February 16th and will end in Liverpool, England. I will have my final match as a regular part of the Ring of Honor as a wrestler. I've made a lot of promises and I've said a lot of things, especially into this camera, but I promise you this, I came into this company to do a mission - to wrestle my ass off, to give my best at all times for the best fans in the world. I promise you this Ring of Honor fans, in my final run here, my final string of matches that I will leave with this promotion, I will give you my best. I will give you my greatest. I promise you. I will give you my all. Unfortunately, circumstances and time move on, and so much I. Ring of Honor's always been a promotion about new talent, new people, a new breed of wrestling. Trends aren't followed here, trends are made and now I leave the trends, the edginess, the realness of pro wrestling for those here on this roster. Ring of Honor was a huge part of my life and always will be. I hope you will join me and the rest here as I'm forced to say farewell to a company that I love. Thank you. I am Samoa Joe. I love pro wrestling and I leave it all here, in Ring of Honor."

I'm happy that I will see Joe's last R.O.H. match, but this is a blow for the promotion. R.O.H. is full of brilliant wrestler's but Joe is in the top 5, maybe even the top in the whole promotion.

TNA has called for Samoa Joe to "dedicate his full attention to TNA and independent bookings that TNA set forth for him in the future".

This is the reason for today's announcement that Samoa Joe will be forced to leave ROH after the Ring of Honor Liverpool, UK shows.

Why does he need to dedicate more time to T.N.A.? If they had a WWE schedule then fair enough. But T.N.A. has T.V. taping's every two week's and the odd house show. I hope this does'nt mean that other performer's will be forced to leave R.O.H.

I am glad that I will get to see him on Feb. 17th. It will be my first ROH show and I would have been extremely disappointed if Joe would have been removed from the show.

i was reading about the possibility of this yesterday
i dont know if TNA is afraid he could get injured or something wrestling for ROH? this also sucks because of the upcoming NOAH-ROH fued they are building, Joe should be the focal point

i should really get off my ass and get tickets for the Chicago show, seeing as they are only $10 right now...Joe/ Homicide vs Morishima/ McGuiness is the main event

This is indeed a huge blow for ROH. With Bryan Danielson injured, they could have used Joe at least until Bryan returned. BUt let's be honest, Joe did all he could in ROH. He had two five-star matches (against Punk and vs Kobashi), and he won both the ROH World and Pure championship. I still don't understand how his being in ROH affects his performance in TNA, but its clear than TNA see Joe as one of if not their biggest star.

I'm guessing this is because they don't want Joe to get injured in an ROh show or aggravate the injury that he already has... Either way, this marks the end of an era for Ring Of Honor.

TNA has called for Samoa Joe to "dedicate his full attention to TNA and independent bookings that TNA set forth for him in the future".

This is the reason for today's announcement that Samoa Joe will be forced to leave ROH after the Ring of Honor Liverpool, UK shows.

Why does he need to dedicate more time to T.N.A.? If they had a WWE schedule then fair enough. But T.N.A. has T.V. taping's every two week's and the odd house show. I hope this does'nt mean that other performer's will be forced to leave R.O.H.

I think it's because Joe is having minor injuries and his hurt. So him wrestling with ROH and TNA wont help that. I think this is good because he can now put more work and effort in TNA that he has put in ROH. I dont find it a big deal because ROH has alot of other talent that are better than Joe or atleast close to his level. ROH is full of fresh talent with charisma, mic skills and in ring ability. TNA needs Joe more then ROH needs Joe. ROH has guys like Brisco Brothers, Bryan Danielson and etc. Where as TNA has guys like Angle, Joe, Daniels and etc. ROH has way better wrestlers than TNA has or will ever have for that matter. The only bad thing about ROH wrestlers is that there Draw value isn't as high as a TNA guy's draw would be.

I saw Samoa Joe Vs Nigel last friday in boston,trust me ROH always puts on an amazing show. Since that show, ive pretty much lost all hope for TNA, i onced loved it and thought it was the future of wrestling but, im just not sure anymore. Because I was thinking, Niguel Kicked out of a muscle buster and got out of the choke atleast twice....How come in TNA angle cant take as much punishment as nigel mguiness (sp ?) How come in TNA nigel jobs to Sharkboy on ppv preshows ? That is very disapointing to me, All of joes very best matches (Joe-London,Punk,Kobashi etc. were from ROH.
I think that He is one of the founding fathers of ROH and this is just as big of a blow to ROH as Punk Leaving. We have already seen Shelley,Styles and Dutt leave because of TNA commitment but Joe,Danielson,Punk,Homocide,Danielson and Maybe Ki,London,Styles,Cabana etc helped make that company, If TNA makes it the new OVW i swear.....(also,WWE took ace steel....::icon_evil:

I saw Samoa Joe Vs Nigel last friday in boston,trust me ROH always puts on an amazing show. Since that show, ive pretty much lost all hope for TNA, i onced loved it and thought it was the future of wrestling but, im just not sure anymore. Because I was thinking, Niguel Kicked out of a muscle buster and got out of the choke atleast twice....How come in TNA angle cant take as much punishment as nigel mguiness (sp ?) How come in TNA nigel jobs to Sharkboy on ppv preshows ? That is very disapointing to me, All of joes very best matches (Joe-London,Punk,Kobashi etc. were from ROH.
I think that He is one of the founding fathers of ROH and this is just as big of a blow to ROH as Punk Leaving. We have already seen Shelley,Styles and Dutt leave because of TNA commitment but Joe,Danielson,Punk,Homocide,Danielson and Maybe Ki,London,Styles,Cabana etc helped make that company, If TNA makes it the new OVW i swear.....(also,WWE took ace steel....::icon_evil:

I think TNA is just different from ROH. ROH was made for more wrestling purposes. To put on great wrestling. TNA was made as a WCW subsitute for all WCW wrestlers to go and reunite and make a come back but with some changes. AJ Styles, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and etc from WCW all joined TNA to make a come back. Yes Aj Styles was in WCW but with a different in ring name. This is just from my perspective. I am not quoting any body or anything. My reasons for saying ROH was made for pure wrestling is because of the original code of honor rules. It said that all wrestlers must shake hands out of respect. This leads to one of the reasons I said it was made for pure wrestling reasons. Another reason I say that is because of the ROH pure belt and the rules of the pure belt. I forgot the rules but my friend explain them to me one day. Now, the reason I say WCW was made for the wrestlers of WCW to make a come back is because TNA had alot of WCW guys in there. I don't know if it's because of Jeff Jarrett or because that's why the company is made or anything. It's just a conclusion I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back