• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sacrifice:Terrordome Match

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
To determine the #1 contender to the X Division Championship
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. Curry Man vs. Kaz vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Chris Sabin vs. Johnny Devine vs. Shark Boy vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Consequences Creed​

I'm intrigued by this. But 10 is a lot of wrestlers. 10 men in match is always a struggle if they're all going at it at once. You either miss half the stuff they're doing, or it's like the Rumble where nothing is really happening. I haven't seen what the structure looks like, but from what I've hear I'm guessing it's going to be like the Thunderdome from Mad Max.

thunderdome.jpg

Obviously without all the spectators on the cage. TNA aren't that stupid, are they?

I hope not. Apparently the goal is to escape from the dome structure and you win which i suppose could be interesting enough match.

My prediction: Dutt/Lethal start a feud over Val in the dome and Johnny Devine or Consequences Creed picks up the win

Jim Cornette sweetening the pot by giving the winner a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight title in the main event against Joe and Steiner was a nice surprise, but instantly I knew it would be Kaz. Of all the other X-Division guys involved, Kaz has the size advantage and "look" plus he’s had some good 1-on-1 matches with Angle in the past, so he’s already flirted with main-eventing on Impact.

As far as the actual match itself, it was fast-paced and we saw several sweet spots, most notably by Sonjay Dutt, Johnny Devine, and the MCMG who showed us more of their patented teamwork. Having 10 guys seemed a little excessive, but it wasn’t as crowded or confusing as I anticipated. Shark Boy, Jimmy Rave, Consequences Creed, and Jay Lethal (what happened to his push?) all seemed to fade into the background at least from my perspective. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this because he hasn’t ever really impressed me, but Devine shined in this one.

Maybe I’m just burnt out TNA gimmick matches though. Seeing the structure on live TV (and not some video segment) was somewhat disappointing. The structure itself wasn't all that impressive. Also the participants didn’t use the structure to their advantage during the match. No one was really thrown against the bars and there wasn’t any bleeding (two things you’d somewhat expect since they hyped this thing as greater than both the steel cage and Elevation X).

I'm intrigued to see the match, I guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday. But I just can't see how this isn't going to be a total clusterfuck of a match. 10 wrestler, sloppy X-Division guys at that, all in the ring at once. I'm sure it will be entertaining, like most TNA mates are. But I just don't see how this won't be total overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back