• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sacrifice '14 — James Storm v. Gunner — "I Quit" Match

Who wins?

• James Storm

• Gunner

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
4.jpg

What, you thought this feud was over? Not by a long shot. Like their Lockdown match, even without the blood, I'm fully expecting another balls-to-the-wall match here.

If you stop for a second and turn off the smark, you can almost feel the hatred boiling over between these two.

Give it a shot — it's not so bad. I promise. Sometimes it's fun to just be a wrestling fan and stop being a critic!

Hopefully Storm will pick up the win this time...tired of seeing that talentless piece of crap Gunner getting pushed. Gunner already has 2 clean wins over Storm, doesn't need to get crazier than that.

Hard to imagine Gunner saying “I Quit” but Storm really needs a big win in this war. I smell one of those fishy screw job endings that usually are associated with this gimmick match.

I wonder, does James Storm even have a submission maneuver in his moveset? Gunner seems to have a backbreaker stretch, but can he do that on Storm for 10 seconds or so that will be required for Storm to say "I Quit!"?
Sure, there have been "I Quit" matches that have not ended with a submission maneuver (John Cena vs JBL comes to mind, followed by Ric Flair vs Mick Foley), but I hope (especially since its TNA) that it won't end in a boner-killer way like Booker-T vs Jethro Holliday, or someone (Gunner's dad) throwing in the towel like AJ Styles vs Booker-T...

Edit: I would like to add a bit- that Sacrifice 2009 was one of the best produced and executed pay-per-views in TNA history. At that point, TNA was in their pinnacle. Five years on, TNA is in a dire state. As fans, we can only hope that TNA will be able to present a show of that standard again someday in the future.

(Gunner's dad) throwing in the towel like AJ Styles vs Booker-T...

You nailed it.

This match is not going to be about submission but pure pain. This one could be one of the most violent matches of the year. Gunner will be down but his pride will not allow to say those two words. Then daddy steps in and calls for the match to end.

Or Roode picks dad out of the audience and makes it simple for Gunner : either say "I quit" or a Roode Bomb for dad.

Or Roode picks dad out of the audience and makes it simple for Gunner : either say "I quit" or a Roode Bomb for dad.

Actually, I'd have my money on Storm doing his own dirty work. How better to get heel hate than, once you can't get the guy to utter the works himself - you drag his poor dad into the ring and beat him within an inch of his life for good measure?

Actually, I'd have my money on Storm doing his own dirty work. How better to get heel hate than, once you can't get the guy to utter the works himself - you drag his poor dad into the ring and beat him within an inch of his life for good measure?

Maybe Gunner is handcuffed and forced to watch as Storm destroys his dad. This would pull some major heat. We could always get the "swerve of swerves" and Dad joins Storm.

We are tossing around some real ideas. What do you think TNA is doing right now, maybe wondering about a presence during Extreme Rules or on the Network getting ideas from the E.

Well, in the end it was logical TNA booking, 3-0 for Gunner and Storm loses again to a no-talent chump. Did they turn Storm heel for this ? To make him a whipping boy for an average Joe with zero charisma ? He's not going anywhere and now you've burned Storm as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back