Ryback isn't strong as he looks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI_8_F_VeIA

In the above video, Ryback fails to lift Lord Tensai up for the Shell Shock. Tensai offered no help as he played the role of a dead weight turd for the spot. Granted, I would die if I even attempted this feat, but I still find it DAMN ENTERTAINING!

If you turn the volume up, you can hear Ryback grunting his ass off. There's no way he doesn't end up with shit in his underwear/weird wrestler man thong or whatever undergarment he picked.

Why is this thread so popular? Ryback looks aesthetically imposing, that's all that matters.

It was my purpose to add no value to this thread while entertaining myself. You guys can and should do better. This "debate" is full of sleep inducing material.

As others have said he is "The Big Guy" because he is huge in size not because he is strong. Even if it is "Strong Guy" its just nickname which doesnt mean a thing except just braging. Just like Mark Henry isnt "Strongest Man in the World", Punk isnt "The Best in the World" or Shawn Michaels really isnt "Sexy Boy" anymore. :)

Bodybuilding and Powerlifting are two different animals altogether. Ryback,the loveable Big Guy is pretty freaking strong but not as strong as Henry or Big E no way... I would Say Cena is stronger,and Cena is somewhat 50 pounds lighter than Ryback.

No knock on Ryback at all. Cesaro IMO is the strongest guy P4P in the WWE. Ryback can most certainly hang with Roman Reigns in the strength department,big show no doubt. Ryback is a bodybuilder nothing more.

You can't tell a persons strength by their appearance. Ryback looks like a power lifter but they don't give him a move set to accent it. Bodybuilding involves different exercises for size and shape not necessarily strength. If you want to gain size and strength you would base your workouts around core exercises like the bench, squat and deadlift in addition to Olympic lifts.

Okay, let me drop the bomb here. Yes I'll rephrase what you've read in the title.

Ryback isn't strong as he looks

First I would like to clear your views on me that this isn't a hatred thread on Ryback. I was amazed how much he had improved in the ring in the last two months. His matches are entertaining and always been solid regardless of his opponents. He had put up decent bouts even with the likes of Big Show and Miz.

But you see, as much he has been hyped or being portrayed as the Big Guy he isn't strong enough to be in that zone. Just because he had lifted Big Show and Mark Henry over his shoulders doesn't make him strong. (For the record My guy Wade Barrett had lifted the World's strongest man on his shoulder and nailed Wasteland!)

At times it makes me feel sceptical that if Ryback is really a Steroid Freak as mentioned by CM Punk on Colt's podcast?

Anyhow, the thing that made me feel he isn't strong enough is, despite his muscles, he never made any impact to make him look strong. In my verdict, Cesaro (Swish Superman of course) is way more stronger than him. Have you ever seen Ryback lifts his opponent Vertically for the Vertical Suplex. He just lifts them up and keeps them in the air for eternity it might seem but he lacks that special sort of strength to operate his opponents.

Mind you, I'm not saying that he isn't strong but he isn't strong enough for a guy with his built. I'll spell some of the few blokes who're stronger than him.

Big E
Cesaro
Goldberg
Roman Reigns
Titus O'Neil
Luke Harper
Kurt Angle
Sheamus
Not to say the least Brock Lesnar

Well I can continue this list as we got more strong lads than him in WWE. But my point is, it's sort of rhetorical to mention Ryback as the big guy.

This is my perspective. Sure you can shoot me down with yours. Feel free to share your points. Let's start the debate, Shall we Mateys?

I think he's stronger than Reigns, Titus, Harper and Angle. I hadn't really seen anything impressive from them strength wise, especially Titus.

I'm not exactly a bodybuilder :lmao: so I'd love to know the answers to some of the points implied in this thread.

-Is it even possible to look like Ryback without 'chemical enhancement?'

Yes it's 100% possible

-Is it possible to look strong without being strong because the guy got his muscles by artificial means?

-I presume if a person pumped iron to look that muscular, he/she is going to be strong whether that was their goal or not. But is it possible to be 'iron weight' strong and still not be able to lift heavyweight wrestlers?

Once again yes. Lifting heavier weight over less reps will build strength but not necessarily size. The opposite applies too. More reps of less weight with huge amounts of eating will get you big and bulky ala Ryback.

-Is Cesaro a freak of nature? How is it he's so amazing powerful with a (relatively) svelte physique?

See the last point.

Well there are steroids of different types. It doesn't necessarily need to use them for bulking up the muscles. For instance, Arnold Schwarzenegger used steroids to reduce his muscles not to increase them. So we can't simply deem what sort of drug he used?

Yes I guess it's possible if the muscles are buildup just by using steroids which are meant only to enhance the muscle and blow it up!

Well, this question is a little intricate but I still think I've answer for that fortunately! Trained muscles and bones are much more stronger than normal muscles and fat. So if a person got iron strong weight by hitting irons he undoubtedly is strong and heavy at the same time!

Some people get their strength naturally and with even more training they can get their freakish strength. Like I mentioned earlier, trained muscles are much stronger than blown up muscles. For example, you could refer to guys like Frank Medrano, Jason Statham and many UFC guys?!

Hope you got the answers. But if I'm wrong, sure you can tell me!

Cheers!!

That one point that I highlighted is more than enough to know that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

First things first the WWE does not allow steroids anymore, Vince has that wellness program in place. Ryback is bodybuilder he bench presses 550 pounds. Mark Henry and Big E are powerlifters and they bench press 575. The next closest to Ryback is Titus 545 and Kane 525, Big Show benches 500 12 reps. To answer your question Ryback is very strong without steroids, he just does not show it all the time in the ring. He is called the big guy because he is a big and strong muscular individual, anyone who can lift Big Show up is very strong.

-Is it possible to look strong without being strong because the guy got his muscles by artificial means?

Yes. Think of steroids like Rare Candies from Pokemon. You can level your pokemon to 100 with rare candies and they'll look just like another level 100 pokemon. But they won't be as strong as a pokemon that leveled naturally.

As far as this thread goes, you can't say one way or the other that he isn't as strong as he looks. How strong does he look? Just looking at him, how many pounds do you think he can lift? If you can't answer this question (and you can't answer this question), then you can't say that he's not as strong as he looks. As far as him being "The Big Guy"...that's based on his size and not his strength. So the moniker holds up.

According to you, big means strong, doesn’t it? Unlike everyone, I wouldn’t bash you. I’ll go by facts. Lifting your opponents up in the air for a long time doesn’t signify you’re too strong. It doesn’t make sense at all. Why would a guy lift his opponent for a long time is still a mystery for me. And the commentators sell it out by saying “Pressure is completely on the wrestler X.” That said, Ryback is a strong guy. At least, he is definitely a big guy and that’s all what matters.

It's pro wrestling. The strongest and most legitimately tough guys probably aren't the ones getting the big pushes (apart from Lesnar). Ryback has the size and the look of a big strong guy and that is what the WWE are basing his image around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back