• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD Possibly Returning to WWE?

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
-- The official Twitter feed for the Power Slam wrestling magazine stated Thursday that a TNA wrestler is considering joining WWE.

"Someone told me this week that Rob Van Dam is seriously considering a return to WWE," wrote Findlay Martin, magazine editor.

Van Dam performed for WWE from 2001 to 2007 before joining TNA Wrestling in 2010. Should RVD return to WWE, he would should join a select group of former WWE world champions—Booker T, Kevin Nash and Mick Foley—who joined TNA and ultimately returned to the Stamford based organization.
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna..._WWE_Knockouts_Appearing_In_Philadelphia.html

I'd mark. At least WWE would be able to get Van Dam on television every week should he desire to put in that kind of commitment.

I think that would be great. He's not exactly setting the world on fire in TNA. As Coco said, if you're languishing in the mid card and below, you may as well do it for money and in front of a larger audience.

That being said, I'm very skeptical, for obvious reasons.

I think that would be great. He's not exactly setting the world on fire in TNA. As Coco, if you're languishing in the mid card and below, you may as well do it for money and un front of a larger audience.

That being said, I'm very skeptical, for obvious reasons.
Van Dam's publicly complained about TNA's lack of exposure many times and has started hawking autographed merch he's found around the house on eBay. I'm optimistic that he's desperate for both the money and attention.

I seriously doubt Van Dam is going to be getting any "meaningful" use anywhere at this point. Accepting that, his Turning Point match with Daniels was a delight. That's the kind of stuff I love Van Dam for. I don't dislike the way TNA are using him beyond the fact that he's not on television every single week, but that says more about TNA's overcrowded roster as a whole than what they think of Van Dam individually. If RVD's got enough left in his tank to not let the WWE schedule burn him out, I'm all over this.

I'm down like a clown that's just flown into town.

Note: "Flown" doesn't rhyme with the others, I know. I wasn't under the impression that it did.

The question here is (don't get mad Coco), would WWE have any interest in bringing him back? Their main event is in good shape, and their mid card is too. It's one thing for RVD to want to go back, but would he be wanted there?

The question here is (don't get mad Coco), would WWE have any interest in bringing him back? Their main event is in good shape, and their mid card is too. It's one thing for RVD to want to go back, but would he be wanted there?
What evidence is there that WWE isn't interested in viable veteran midcard place-holders that can still go? They took Christian back a couple years ago. I can't imagine Van Dam not being welcomed back similarly should his extracurricular activities not be found too off-putting.

Also, if RVD is willing to humble himself enough to go back to the WWE knowing how he's seen there and can be happy with his place, I reckon the organization will be more accepting of him now than they were during his last run there. RVD still has some juice with the fans. The company will certainly have a place for him.

It was kind of a mini-feud. Mostly, it was just RVD coming for Christian's Intercontinental Championship for a few weeks. Started with a triple threat for the belt involving Chris Jericho at Unforgiven 2003. Christian would retain and face Van Dam the following night on Raw, ultimately using a ladder to lay Van Dam out. The next week they had a memorable ladder match in Chicago to close the show. Van Dam would win the belt on that night. The two would also be on opposing teams at Survivor Series a couple months later. I'd certainly up for seeing those two in... one more match.

What evidence is there that WWE isn't interested in viable veteran midcard place-holders that can still go? They took Christian back a couple years ago. I can't imagine Van Dam not being welcomed back similarly should his extracurricular activities not be found too off-putting.

I never suggested there was any evidence that WWE would not be interested in him, I was simply posing the question. I actually agree with you :wtf: that I would love to see him back in WWE. He is clearly being underutilized in TNA and when he is used, fewer people get to see him, mostly due to time constraints. He could be an asset to the company in a visible mid card role, and could approach the main event in case of emergency.

Of course, there's always that pesky Wellness Policy....

Doesn't marijuana use violate the Wellness policy and come with the appropriate suspension? I stand to be corrected on that. I thought that was what just happened with Evan Bourne.

That was synthetic marijuana. I stand to be embarrassed when it comes to drug talk, but my understanding is that's different than actual marijuana. Van Dam is into the real thing which only netted Brian Kendrick and Randall Orton and the like numerous fines over the years.

Well then, it should be all ready to go. No reason for him to not return to WWE (I have no idea about his contract status in TNA). I wonder if any forum members might possibly mark out a little if he were to be a surprise entrant in the 2012 Royal Rumble, and not just for a one time cameo this time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back