• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rusev's first feud - Bad News Barrett's first feud?

jeffrey9800

Pre-Show Stalwart
What's up people,

Rusev

So I was watcing a re-run of RAW and saw Rusev cutting a small ridiculous "we don't understand shit, therefore it doesn't mean shit promo"

I started thinking about what his first big move - first opponent might be, and knowing how stupid the booking can be they'll probably have him go for Cena directly, anyways. I had no idea, what I would do with that guy. Problem is he's a heel, or they want him to be, because I would have him demolish Batista first chance I got, I hate Batista and having Rusev beating him would be great. Have Rusev be DB's bodyguard against the Authority or something, and after Bryan wins the title at WM have Rusev fight vs Kane at first and Bootista for Summerslam.

I really can't think of anything better, if they have him squash Ryback i'll break something, Ryback is irrelevant and therefore a feud with him would be awful.

Bad News Barrett

Is there even a plan there? I'm ok if he continues his funny sketches for a while, but WWE made a HUGE mistake if they wanted him to be relevant again : Have him come out in Chicago and say what other people don't have the ballz to say : "I Don't have any bad news today, CM Punk is not here so all is well, thank you" just that or he continues bashing him for 5 minutes, it was the perfect set up, hell I would've had him open the show!!!

So who will he feud with first? My guess would be Y2J : "Barrett would you please, SHUT THE HELL UP" In a surprise return on RAW ... I think he's the only one who would shut him up and it would have an impact, plus I would LOVE to see a Barrett vs Y2J feud. Of course that's if and when it comes back, but those 2 would be great vs one another.

Jericho being Barrett's pro on NXT, that's a feud that could work quite well but you're then pegging your hopes on the fact that Jericho comes back in the near future. If he didn't come back until next year Barrett needs something to keep him occupied. They could always pair him up against Sheamus.

My guess is that Rusev spends a while squashing mid-carders until the opportunity comes to elevate him up the card. It's a throwback kind of gimmick and as a monster heel there isn't much they can do with him at the moment because he can't lose and if they don't have plans for him to go over the top stars he should be kept away from them. I find the 'monster heel picks on jobbers' push a bit dull after we've seen it all this time but it is a tried and tested formula.

I'd say absolutely no to him becoming Bryan's bodyguard though. Having a bodyguard is a heel gimmick.

Putting a guy from NXT straight into the main feud? DB against the Authority? Are you having a fucking laugh? OK I know HHH probably likes the guy cos he's big, does 2 moves and has limited mic skills, but come on.

I see Rusev going weeks destroying jobbers and smaller guys. Ultimately, he'll end up facing and beating somebody like Mark Henry or Big Show which will elevate him to the next level. Not sure since I don't watch NXT, but I can see Lana being a big factor in keeping Rusev strong. If he's in trouble of losing, rather than Rusev backing off, or walking away, Lana can distract or disqualify Rusev in matches. Ultimately, I see a slow build to a monster heel main event, kind of like Umaga in recent history.

I can see Barrett jumping right into the midcard, fighting people like Miz, Kofi and Ziggler. Barrett's good on the mic and has some of that old school heel in him. I can see him sneaking into the main event within a year or two of action.

Rusev is obviously going to be given squash matches right away. That just means I can see Tyson Kidd and Curt Hawkins on TV again. Lana will get on the mic about 2 months in and demand a real challenge. Sheamus comes out and gets in Rusevs face. Bam Rusev is in the Upper-Mid card.

Barrett- I am unsure if he is even going to wrestle any more. WWE seem to love his personality and not his in ring work. Unfortunately I don't see him stepping in a ring anytime soon. Maybe Ziggler, but I'm not sure

Putting a guy from NXT straight into the main feud? DB against the Authority? Are you having a fucking laugh? OK I know HHH probably likes the guy cos he's big, does 2 moves and has limited mic skills, but come on.

Your rep is awful and I can see why...

I don't want him to talk or face Orton, have him do limited work in the background, and get him more involved into something "personnal" with Kane.

I'm the first one to be an advocate of slow characters evolving slowly for a while in the mid-card for a while before going to main event status but it's not like that anymore, just look at the Wyatt's and The Shield.

BTW did you see the size of Rusev??? Would you even believe Miz, Ziggler, Kingston ever Big E. Having a shot at beating him?? Let's shake things up a bit, i don't know how yet, but i dont wanna see him squash smaller guys for 2 months... Let's be creative here, that's why i thaught of a DB bodyguard.doesnt have to say shit! Limited mic skills? Who cares ??

Or i just had another idea. Have Lesnar beat up a smaller guy in the next few weeks after WM and have arusev confront him. there.. No squash matches please!!!!!

Alexander rusev will 1st beat the likes of 3mb, zac Ryder
Yoshi, all the jobbers. His 1st Fued will be with swagger.
They teased it in the rumble. It makes sense.because
By the time swagger and cesaro finish their Fued
Which will probably be 2 ppv bouts for the intercontinental,
I can see cesaro feuding with big show, sheamus, Henry
And toppling all these big names with colter as manager
I'm positive he will win the rumble. Instead of swagger going back to Jobbing,
He should then take on rusev. Rusev takes him out
And has a long reign with the USA belt. Beats reigns
Because of ambrose interference. Swagger
Returns at the rumble with hacksaw Jim Duggan as his
Manager and as a face. The crowd will stick with it
If hacksaw starts the USA chants. The only way you
Can push swagger that will work. Have him eliminate
Rusev. Then Fued to mania. Rusev as USA champ vs
Swagger at mania 31 maybe add Kidd and del Rio
Make it a 4 way submission elimination
. Swagger is 1st to scalp rusev and have a major
Push as a face. He will suit that roll.

Wade Barrett? Wwe creative is shocking.
What I would do is have him do backstage interviews
With wrestlers. Right at the end have him say I have some bad
News, then knock them out. No one can find him or touch him.
M.I.B comes. We have lets say Bryan vs lesnar for the title.
have 2 MIB matches.

One consisting of lets say orton vs
reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins vs rhodes vs batista

The other with cena vs sheamus vs sandow
Vs bray Wyatt vs ziggler vs cm punk

Cesaro occupied with swagger and big e

Everyones in the ring waiting for punk. His music hits.
Crowd goes wild. Barrett hit his gavel on his podium lol
Everyone boos. Attention! Attention! Pathetic earthlings
Hoping for their hero! I have some bad news! For you anyway!
Punk is not your 6th man. I have some good news!I am your
6th man.crowd boos. Bray Wyatt looks like he is going to
Win but is destracted and leaves in chase of who ever it is
Undertaker , Kane, big show, some one big etc. Cena is about
To grap the brief case. 2 guys with British flags come out of
The crowd and push cena and ziggler off the ladder
Taking out sheamus and sandow on the outside.
They help Barrett up the ladder. He wins
And doesn't cash in till after the main event at mania
Ruining a Bryan, cesaro or reigns mania moment.
Imagine the boos lol. I'd have the 2 British guys being
Danny birch, and Oliver gray forming a tag team that protects
Barrett getting him big wins over sheamus, cena, etc.
Have Adriann Neville and Paige join them too. Call
Them the union jacks.(stupid to have 3mb adopt that name)

But yet again it is the wwe lol.
Rock probably returns and main events every show
And cena beats the streak.

I'm really hoping undertaker as heavyweiggt champ
And bray Wyatt main eventing wrestlemania 32. Respect to
Cena but he doesn't need a streak match. He has
Too many stuff on his resume. And there is much
More exciting matches for him to have in upcoming manias
Vs cesaro, vs reigns vs a returning angle. I'm not saying have bray Wyatt
Win. But it makes more sense to have him end the streak
Or become the closest. Sting and taker mania 31

You watch. Rusev's run will mirror Umaga's. He will be built up as an unbeatable monster for a few months, and then will become a jobber to the stars.

As for Barrett, I'm done trying to figure out what they'll do with him. He's had so many re-launches that have gone nowhere that I'll just let it play out. I like the Bad News Barrett bit, although I'd like to see him start referencing other wrestlers more often and not just troll the crowd. Pretty obvious that's how they'll transition him back into being a wrestler, he'll push someone's buttons and he'll have a feud with them. But I have no idea if it'll be someone like Kofi or Ziggler, or someone higher up on the card.

I'm not sure about Alexander Rusev as of yet. I was impressed by his showing in the Royal Rumble, but to be fair, most guys can put on a good showing in a match guaranteed to last over 50 minutes. So, I can't go on much. However, if I were to predict, WWE will probably use the same formula that guys like Umaga and The Great Khali were subject to: be a big, scary, foreign monster. They're always good, right? Umaga was good for a while, and as it is with most, they become jobbers after their first loss. Rusev will probably be no different.

I like Bad News Barrett. I think this gimmick is really cool, and his appearances on the JBL and Cole Show cannot be missed. I'm not sure if they're exercising his full potential or not on main television, but it'll come, I'm sure. I've always liked the idea of him and Sheamus going at it. I think they'd be good in the ring together, and the promos may also benefit Sheamus. A feud with Chris Jericho makes sense historically and logically, so will probably not happen. However, if it did, the promos would be unbelievable. I wish Barrett the best, I'm really taking to him.

Personally I would have absolutely no interest in seeing a program between Rusev and Bad News Barrett for one simple reason: I have zero interest in either guy individually, so I would be doubly disinterested in seeing them together.

I understand that wrestling is a cyclical phenomenon, and that if you watch for long enough, storylines and characters inevitably get recycled and repeated. But I don't think I could be any less interested in the "debut" of Rusev if I tried. How many times do we need to see a Rocky IV type character come into the WWE as a heel, simply because they are a foreigner who is supposedly an unstoppable monster. I don't mean to dismiss the gimmick before it even starts. I don't generally watch NXT, so I am wholly unfamiliar with Rusev and maybe he will be a pleasant surprise for me. All I know is, I got tired of Kozlov pretty quickly, and I see Rusev following a similar path for me.

Some guys are probably amused by Bad News Barrett, and granted, every now and then he does make me chuckle slightly. But I'm pretty sick and tired of him too. Barrett has been around for a while and I feel he is capable of, and deserves, a little better than this gimmick. I'd prefer to see Barrett back in some sort of heel faction again, rather than standing on some podium banging that goddamn gavel.

Rusev versus Bad news Barrett? Thanks but no thanks.

Here's what they'll do with Rusev. He'll make his debut, go on a winning streak by demolishing Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder every week, then get put in a feud with a bigger name like the Big Show. Eventually he'll lose a match, then get put into the old Kane spot for a bit (jobber to the stars), then ultimately fall back into obscurity. With the whole monster heel thing having faded, he'll get turned into a comedic face and probably be put into a HILARIOUS romance angle with the blonde chick.
Then he'll get released.

Going after Cena first is stupid. Cena has ruined the careers of so many guys with his extended burials also known as feuds (e.g. Ziggler, Miz, R-Truth, the entire Nexus, Ryback, Bobby Lashley). The only reason Cm Punk made was that he had already been established by Edge, Undertaker, and Jeff Hardy. Rusev should first go after Mark Henry and do a few displays of power and instead of having him win, he should get disqualified and walk out like a monster. That way Henry doesn't immediately get squashed and both come out looking good and opens them up for another match for Rusev to beat him. Then give him the Kane treatment circa Attitude era where he comes out randomly during the night to destroy everything and everyone. Have him tear through the roster like this for weeks until he comes across Randy Orton and they go at it at Summerslam.

If WWE were smart they would have had Cena face Bray at the chamber then Shield vs. Wyatts at WM. Then I would have had Barrett come out and deliver the bad news of Cena's losing streak and face off at wM. But since that won't happen they should have them feud after WM with Barrett going over. It's not like Cena will lose any momentum by losing

Personally I would have absolutely no interest in seeing a program between Rusev and Bad News Barrett for one simple reason: I have zero interest in either guy individually, so I would be doubly disinterested in seeing them together.

I understand that wrestling is a cyclical phenomenon, and that if you watch for long enough, storylines and characters inevitably get recycled and repeated. But I don't think I could be any less interested in the "debut" of Rusev if I tried. How many times do we need to see a Rocky IV type character come into the WWE as a heel, simply because they are a foreigner who is supposedly an unstoppable monster. I don't mean to dismiss the gimmick before it even starts. I don't generally watch NXT, so I am wholly unfamiliar with Rusev and maybe he will be a pleasant surprise for me. All I know is, I got tired of Kozlov pretty quickly, and I see Rusev following a similar path for me.

Some guys are probably amused by Bad News Barrett, and granted, every now and then he does make me chuckle slightly. But I'm pretty sick and tired of him too. Barrett has been around for a while and I feel he is capable of, and deserves, a little better than this gimmick. I'd prefer to see Barrett back in some sort of heel faction again, rather than standing on some podium banging that goddamn gavel.

Rusev versus Bad news Barrett? Thanks but no thanks.

I'm guessing you didn't get past the title to read the OP. This wasn't suggesting a Barrett-Rusev feud, you dunce.

Anyway, I don't know who I'd want them to face. I definitely am a fan of a slow build with Rusev, kinda like what they started doing with Ryback before he was prematurely shoved into the main event.

As for Barrett, I don't care what he does, as long as he keeps coming out and speaking. In my opinion, the guy is gold on the mic with his gimmick, and he is even better on the JBL and Cole show. As long as he gets his time slot, I'll be entertained!

Bad News Barrett's current shtick blows. Don't get me wrong, Barrett's a great talker, but the material is utterly atrocious. WWE are too scared to give him anything meaty that would really sting the audience, so he comes off looking all PG and pretty pathetic in my opinion.

i actually think cena would work in the same sense against bad news(if you're not trying to squash him). Pushing the wyatts against anyone, brotherhood, real americans, whoever, that would of given us a tag or triple threat that the wyatts could control and look good. There is no way rusev and bad news are getting over at mania in the same year. Let bad news take cena, he should of destroyed the cm punk chants, let him properly work

What's up people,

Rusev

So I was watcing a re-run of RAW and saw Rusev cutting a small ridiculous "we don't understand shit, therefore it doesn't mean shit promo"

I started thinking about what his first big move - first opponent might be, and knowing how stupid the booking can be they'll probably have him go for Cena directly, anyways. I had no idea, what I would do with that guy. Problem is he's a heel, or they want him to be, because I would have him demolish Batista first chance I got, I hate Batista and having Rusev beating him would be great. Have Rusev be DB's bodyguard against the Authority or something, and after Bryan wins the title at WM have Rusev fight vs Kane at first and Bootista for Summerslam.

I really can't think of anything better, if they have him squash Ryback i'll break something, Ryback is irrelevant and therefore a feud with him would be awful.

Bad News Barrett

Is there even a plan there? I'm ok if he continues his funny sketches for a while, but WWE made a HUGE mistake if they wanted him to be relevant again : Have him come out in Chicago and say what other people don't have the ballz to say : "I Don't have any bad news today, CM Punk is not here so all is well, thank you" just that or he continues bashing him for 5 minutes, it was the perfect set up, hell I would've had him open the show!!!

So who will he feud with first? My guess would be Y2J : "Barrett would you please, SHUT THE HELL UP" In a surprise return on RAW ... I think he's the only one who would shut him up and it would have an impact, plus I would LOVE to see a Barrett vs Y2J feud. Of course that's if and when it comes back, but those 2 would be great vs one another.

Rusev looks like a future Kozlov lol. I don't find him interesting at all. That could change tho.

Barrett is amazing! It's a good thing they're waiting for the right moment for him (Or they just don't know what to do with him lol). He could form a tag team with Damien Sandow and win the tag titles. For some reason I really think Sandow and Barrett could make a good pair. Them feuding with the Usos and winning the titles could be huge for Sandow, 'cause it looks like he'll be released in no time, unfortunately. After dropping the titles, Barrett can go after the Intercontinental champ and win the title. That is when Y2J should step in and feud with Barrett! After a good run as IC champ, he can go after the world champ, probably after winning the MITB. Barrett could still be a main event player within the next two years if they book him properly!

Once Y2J is done with this midcard feud tho, he should switch back to main event. I hate it when guys like Y2J always have to put younger talents over all the time, he deserves one last main event run as champ and a Rumble victory. Maybe even an MITB victory. It would be pretty awesome if Jericho wins MITB, leaves and then makes a surprise return in a few months to cash in!!

Rusev will be fed the Ryders, Gabriels, Khalis, Kidds, Kingstons of the world, until he has built a following and gotten over, he wont be given tv time to have a feud as nobody gives a toss about him. As for Barrett, his gimmick works best up in the crane and verbally tearing people up, in-ring will go back to being a letdown. Barrett is now a comedy character, his cards are marked. A stint in Japan or TNA to get himself re-established then return in 2-3 years is his best bet, because he is nothing more than Santino like now

I'm just hoping I get to go to a WWE event where Rusev is booked in a match and that I'm sitting close enough for him to hear me speaking Bulgarian to him.... I only know 3-4 sayings but it'd probably be enough to get him to jump the barricade...

He sure looked good in the Rumble. I'm guessing he'll debut on the Raw after Mania and squash somebody. Repeat for the next several weeks until he gets put with another strong-man. I'd think his most interesting feud would be Big E for the IC strap. Two powerhouses, neither willing to give the other an inch. Of course, he'd probably have to beat a Mark Henry or someone ahead of time to help legitimize him.

As for Barrett, great gimmick, terrible material. I think there's a lot more potential if he just said more interesting things. He's a guy that could feud with pretty much anybody at any position in the card and still get your money.

Haven't seen enough of Rusev to pass judgement on him as yet. Seems like a normal foreigner monster heel who will squash a few jobbers initially. Beyond that is unclear, at this point as there are quite a few people that will need to be elevated and some will fall by the wayside during this process.

As for Bad News Barrett; his direction is unclear at this point. For starters, the material he is given is just for cheap heat at best. More interaction with other Superstars is the ideal way to go, and to be honest, there have been a few opportune times where he could have been used to get nuclear heat and establish himself without even getting into an actual feud or even off the podium. Too bad WWE didn't see it that way.

Theres something about rusev I like :/ he's not the typical monster heel.. if I were to book him I might try something different what if he was to lose 1-2 months in to a miz/kofi level wrestler (sneaky rollup style) and have rusev absolutely destroy him after the match and drag him all around the arena. And after 6 months if he doesn't get over as a heel beating people at random team him up with brodus and have them be brad maddoxs enforcers haha?

Alexander Rusev - I'm a little confused by the OP seeing as it clearly states Rusev is a heel & that WWE obviously plans on keeping it that way (at least for now), yet the only ideas given for him besides possibly going after Cena are facing off against heels & teaming with a babyface. & facing the likes of Batista at Summerslam??? Are you kidding me? That's a main event match at the 2nd biggest annual PPV of the year for the WWE & Rusev is just coming up from NXT. So suffice it to say, I don't see any of that happening. Rusev will most likely make his debut decisively beating a lower level babyface like Kofi Kingston or Sin Cara & then go on to the Ryback treatment for awhile of squashing tons of nobodies. Then unless Rusev is booked really well in a solid feud shortly after he will most likely fade into obscurity like Vladmir Kozlov & Ludvig Borga.

Bad News Barrett - I don't think there is a "1st feud" for ol' Bad News. Although a feud with Jericho would be cool, I think what we see is what we are going to get with Barrett's new gimmick. But as much as I can sympathize with Barrett for all the poor creative decisions thrown his way & awful theme songs he has had to walk out to throughout his run in the WWE (I actually really liked the "God Save the Queen" theme song, I really wish they kept that one), Barrett just hasn't done that much with any of the oppritunites given to him. He is rather boring at times & he get's a very limited reaction. That's why I think he is in the position he is in now. Barrett's mic skills seems to be one of the only really highly praised attributes of his & if the WWE sees that as the best use for him but need him to get more of a reaction before throwing him back into the ring, I can see the WWE Universe having to sit through many more awful, short, annoying Bad News Barrett promos until the WWE decides to either pull the trigger with Barrett again & give him another shot in the ring or they finally decide to release him.

The issues with Barrett are not of his making - much is made of the material but he is making it work.. the problem is far more fundamental and it seems to be they are deliberately keeping him out of the ring.

This might be for one of two reasons:-

Linked to his Visa issue or more likely his arm.

Remember his arm got snapped at the elbow thanks to "Mr Show The World" trying to be clever with a risky move (forget how hard Show propelled him, Ziggler twisted to make it look like his head hit) and had Barrett not "taken the pain" then Zig would be dead... period.

When he returned they moved him to the Bullhammer move as he clearly didn't have the strength to really use Wasteland any more... It seems to me we could be looking at an Arn Anderson/Paul Orndorrf situation here, where the injury has proven so severe that it destroys the career... only in Barrett's case it was while he was still starting out.

Someone like Rusev is wrong for this to bring Barrett back if there is any doubt about his arm at all, cos he has to be booked so strong (Rusev) that there is little Barrett can do in ring to benefit. If you're going to put Barrett with anyone, even in a losing feud then make him Adrian Neville's first feud or partner. Both are northern English, there will be a natural dynamic either as opponents or partners... even a new "British Bulldogs" combo.

As for Rusev, he seems to be Ludvig Borga mixed with Taz mixed with Earthquake. As he isn't speaking English (nothing says he can't, he just isn't) and using Lana then whoever he comes in against has to have a female counterpart. I am seeing Fandango and Summer Rae or Kidd and Natalya as more natural first opponents for him as they have a female counterpart who can cover the mic side of things or match up in mixed tags etc... It's unusual and a little odd to have a monster with a female valet, and that could hurt rather than help Rusev. To me it was obvious, either make him Heyman's new "guy" or use AJ with him in a role similar to how she worked with Big E.

I really want to see Barrett go face and get a half decent stab at it, but I fear the reason he is out of the ring is he simply can't lift safely as he used to... in which case get him onto commentary or a manager for Neville or a stable as soon as possible.

I couldn't see Barrett vs. Rusev. It seems so random. If anything, an outspoken superstar like Jericho could feud with him, to shut him up, help put him over.

As far as Rusev, I could see him either squashing midcarders for months or he becomes the new muscle of The Authority after seeing Kane failing, getting beat countless times by Bryan clean.

Rusev could make a statement, helping HHH win at Wrestlemania and feuding with Bryan. Seeing how Bryan helped Bray Wyatt get over.

I couldn't see Barrett vs. Rusev. It seems so random. If anything, an outspoken superstar like Jericho could feud with him, to shut him up, help put him over.

As far as Rusev, I could see him either squashing midcarders for months or he becomes the new muscle of The Authority after seeing Kane failing, getting beat countless times by Bryan clean.

Rusev could make a statement, helping HHH win at Wrestlemania and feuding with Bryan. Seeing how Bryan helped Bray Wyatt get over.

Guys, seriously, read the threat before commenting on it.

No one ever talked about a Rusev vs Barrett match. that would be awful, makes no sense

Alexander Rusev - I'm a little confused by the OP seeing as it clearly states Rusev is a heel & that WWE obviously plans on keeping it that way (at least for now), yet the only ideas given for him besides possibly going after Cena are facing off against heels & teaming with a babyface. & facing the likes of Batista at Summerslam??? Are you kidding me? That's a main event match at the 2nd biggest annual PPV of the year for the WWE & Rusev is just coming up from NXT. So suffice it to say, I don't see any of that happening. Rusev will most likely make his debut decisively beating a lower level babyface like Kofi Kingston or Sin Cara & then go on to the Ryback treatment for awhile of squashing tons of nobodies. Then unless Rusev is booked really well in a solid feud shortly after he will most likely fade into obscurity like Vladmir Kozlov & Ludvig Borga.

Funny how it's all about perspective,
See my idea of a vs Batista match isn't close to being a main event, not wit the likes of DB, Orton, Cena, Wyatts, Shield, Trips, Sheamus etc...

Rusev vs Batista would be mid-card at best, where Batista belongs,

You're missing my main point : I do not want to see another big guy squash people for 3 months only to lose to a big name after, I want it to be "new" "fresh" and I think WWE wants that 2 since Rusev didn't start wrestling yet.

Hell, make him a huge monster that doesn't know the meaning of heel or face, just a kick ass machine like STSA was at his beginning, the crowd would love it.

Just trying to be new and fresh buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back