rumours: Huge Backstage heat on Del rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

karanbest4

Dark Match Jobber
Alberto Del Rio, who returned to WWE house shows last weekend in a non-wrestling role (he should be cleared to return to the ring in the next couple of weeks), reportedly has huge heat backstage and the company and is disliked by many of his colleagues.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Del Rio are turned off by the way he carries himself and struts around as a superstar, when many believe he hasn’t got the talent to backup the major push he enjoyed in 2011.

Del Rio, who won the Royal Rumble, was involved in a title match at WrestleMania 27 and also won the WWE Championship twice last year, is pissing off superstars by his self-designed portrayal as a master backstage manipulator and politician. Those within the WWE are suspect that he can keep hold of the push he was given as his matches and promos don’t bring much reaction from the audience, many believing he is a flop.

WWE officials however see the Mexican second-generation superstar as a huge asset for the company. They like his look, his “great movie star” appearance, his tall build and the fact he is bilingual and brings something new to the company. He is pushed heavily partly because the company want Hispanic stars to please such an important and growing market for them, and Del Rio will only be pushed further when Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara are out injured.

Though there is one criticism from Vince McMahon who wants to see Del Rio work a bit stiffer and tougher in the ring when he returns in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, Alberto Del Rio himself did speak last week on the Bay area sports radio station 95.7 FM The Game saying that he doesn’t like many of his WWE peers, especially The Miz who he hates the most.

He said;

“This is not part of the show. I really dislike that guy. I’ve tried to punch him in the face several times, not in the ring I mean outside the ring, but he’s just like a little girl, he’s always running away from me,”

“There’s a big difference between The Miz and I, I’m a real athlete, he’s just a loud stupid little kid. He’s probably one of those guys that was bullied when he was in school, that’s the reason he’s now oh so loud and he wants to get attention from everybody, but in my case he’s the real deal.”

Del Rio capped off his Miz rant by saying that he doesn’t have many female fans because “he’s fat and ugly.”

SOURCE

Please don't just post frontpage new articles on here without even making an attempt to provide us with your opinions on the subject or give us a discussion point.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back