• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: WWE Signs Top Independent Wrestler

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A little while back, there were reports that WWE had their sights set on top indie talent Uhaa Nation as he really impressed WWE officials at a tryout at the WWE Performance Center a few months back.

Over the weekend, rumors were rampant at a Preston City Wrestling card in the UK that Nation had signed with WWE and would be reporting to the WWE PC very soon. It's worth noting, however, at the event that Nation defeated former WWE star Chris Masters to win the PCW Heavyweight Championship. So, if Nation has signed with WWE or is close to it, he'll likely be dropping the strap soon.

Nation, who's real name is Sesugh Uhaa, is 27 years old, was born in Sacramento, California and lives in Atlanta, GA. He's made a splash in the past several years as he's become known as both a high flyer and power wrestler. He's billed at 6'0" and 240 lbs and has something of a stocky build that puts me a little in mind of a mix between John Cena & Chris Benoit. He's known for doing various suicide dives/planchas, has a vertical leap of somewhere around 38 inches, some of his signature moves include a standing moonsault and standing shooting star press. Here's a pic he posted with the PCW Heavyweight Championship: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...rs-on-wwe-signing-a-top-independent-wrestler/

I've seen a few videos of him posted on YouTube and he's definitely a lot of fun to watch inside the ring and he also has a good look. I haven't seen anything concerning mic work from him but if his mic work is decent, I'd be surprised if WWE didn't go after, hasn't gone after or has no intention of going after him.

Just watched a Top 45 moves of Uhaa Nation. Welcome to WWE, Mr. Uhaa, where you will not be allowed to literally do a single one of your moves.

Dude is phenomenal, but it's not like he'll get to use much of his talents on the main roster.

With rumors for years having been that the WWE has been looking to find an African American wrestler who could be a true main eventer, Uhaa seems like a no-brainer hire.

I've kind of wondered why the WWE didn't try to sign him a couple of years ago, when he was granted still a little more raw, but was really finding his foothold.

I'm not saying that this guy is a sure future World Champ, but he's a can't miss as a developmental hire. He's just 27 years old and has only been pro for five years. He's got a great look, he's crazy strong and even crazier athletic, and he has a lot of charisma in the ring. It's really hard to even find a direct comparison of another guy who combines a similar build/skill-set. Perhaps the best physical comparison is a late 90's Rob Van Dam; and Uhaa may have RVD-like upside.

There's a chance that Uhaa is a huge deal in 2-3 years.

The way WWE are structured now, they can take more risks. Send him to the performance centre and see what they have and how they adjust. Then a few matches in NXT. How the crowd respond and if they can put on good matches. Moreover, HHH can find out about them as people.

Sure they used to have FCW but this seems to be a very efficient and successful way of doing it. Sure, Uhaa has a lot of potential but they can evaluate him at a highish standard before he is even near the main-roster and without having to commit a lot of money. Definitely worth taking a punt on a him.

Coming soon to social media: The obligatory picture of Uhaa with Vince and HHH in the ring (and their "Yup, we bought him" smirks on their faces).

The "holy grail" of an Afro-American main eventer is something people always bring up. There are no guarantees BUT this guy does have a lot more going for him than the other guys currently on the roster. a 3ft plus vertical leap is pretty impressive and will help him stand out.

Of course the age old "racism in WWE" stuff will be bandied about if he either doesn't end up on the roster or making it... but he certainly has the look and the skills... I could see a "super team" of him and Shawn Merriman being something they could start with...

Who cares? This guy can't tell a story in the ring. All the flips and flops don't sell tickets just like Raven said. Telling stories in the ring sells tickets, just look at Sting. At 55 years old he told more of a story in less than two minutes than most of the WWE roster has done the entire year and look at the huge TV rating Raw got the next night.

Who cares? This guy can't tell a story in the ring. All the flips and flops don't sell tickets just like Raven said. Telling stories in the ring sells tickets, just look at Sting. At 55 years old he told more of a story in less than two minutes than most of the WWE roster has done the entire year and look at the huge TV rating Raw got the next night.

How many Uhaa Nation matches have you watched from 2014? The man definitely has learned how to work a match, the time he has spent in Japan and the close workings with Tozawa have payed off big time in Uhaa's growth. Have you seen the main event of Evolve 35? Because its a great example of my point.

Just because a guy flips doesn't mean he can't work. Adrian Neville is another great demonstration of that claim.

How many Uhaa Nation matches have you watched from 2014? The man definitely has learned how to work a match, the time he has spent in Japan and the close workings with Tozawa have payed off big time in Uhaa's growth. Have you seen the main event of Evolve 35? Because its a great example of my point.

Just because a guy flips doesn't mean he can't work. Adrian Neville is another great demonstration of that claim.

I actually work in the business so yea I've seen quite a few matches. Let me teach you something....a great match is not a great story. There were many great "matches" in TNA that featured a ton of flips and flops and do you see where that company is now? Sting didn't have a match but he was able to tell a story for those few minutes he was in the ring with Triple H. If you guys want to understand the business as good as I do you need to know the difference between matches and stories.

I actually work in the business so yea I've seen quite a few matches. Let me teach you something....a great match is not a great story. There were many great "matches" in TNA that featured a ton of flips and flops and do you see where that company is now? Sting didn't have a match but he was able to tell a story for those few minutes he was in the ring with Triple H. If you guys want to understand the business as good as I do you need to know the difference between matches and stories.

Dude watch the match I referenced. Watch how Uhaa comes out with his offense, watch Ricochet shift gears and start working Uhaa's leg, watch how Uhaa sells it, watch how they take a crowd that was burnt out from a non-stop crazy card and absolutely pull them one hundred percent back into the action during the stretch run. I know what I'm watching.

Get over yourself man.

Hopefully his move set won't be watered down too much, just for the simple fact that by the time he's in the main stage i.e Raw/Smackdown, he'll be wrestling the likes of Adrian Neville, Kevin Owens (Steen), Finn Balor, and Hideo Otami as well as former Indy stars such as Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and hopefully Daniel Bryan.

Uhaa has a very believable strong man look, although so does Big E and he's playing bodyguard to James Brown clone in Woods and a guy who can't get over the hump in Kingston. Uhaa is one of those guys who is going to have to work on the character part of his persona. Other than that Uhaa Nation would be a fantastic addition to WWE whether he stays in NXT for a year or 5 years to hone his craft. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

He reminds me of a more in shape Willie Mack, though I don't know if he has the charisma.

He's good from what I've seen though, so I hope it works out.

He draws a line between Bobby Lashley and RVD. Insanely talented, uber athletic, has a great look. Don't know much about his promo work, but let's hope it can be worked on if it needs it.

His finisher is pretty rad too, a Gorilla Press followed by a Standing Moonsault then a Standing Shooting Star. That is if WWE allows him to do that.

I don't think he'll be able to get over as a heel because he's so impressively athletic, he could make for a good Babyface though if he is ever on WWE TV.

Uhaa Nation Vs Kevin Owens please.

I like the guys look and his moveset even more. I wonder if he makes it to the main roster if he'll be paired with someone like Big E (Yes I'm saying this because they are both black, that's just how the WWE works) but they are both big, and agile, and I think can mesh well together.

But yea Uhaa Nation is going to kill it in NXT when he arrives.

And you learned all that from the concessions stand? Mine's a hot dog with everything yanahh..

What IS the difference you refer to?

If you're "in the business" you'll know that the moves are a part of the match, the match part of the story and the story part of the product... which is wrestling. but the cornerstone is what goes on in the ring... that is the vehicle by which stories get told. No one watches a show full of promos... Someone like Nation would offer new offense, and a fresh perspective on the "African American" WWE Superstar... those moves will lend themselves to stories...

But I'm sure you'll know that already right?

to clairify about the 45 moves vidoe... it has nothing to do with flips or dives. wwe wouldnt let him use most because their moves that guys already use.

for those who dont know him( i had no clue till i watched video), hes seems to be a combination of shelton and lashley.... hes a pretty big dude but can move like shelton. i can def see why they would be impressed but its going to be interesting with how much of his move set will get stripped and what he will replace certain things with.

He reminds me of a more in shape Willie Mack, though I don't know if he has the charisma.

He's good from what I've seen though, so I hope it works out.

i was going to say the same, but hes more of a "wwe" type body. mack seemed to be more pudgy while uhaa is more muscle but both can move. whatever happened with mack(left/fired) it seems they looked at uhaa as an upgrade and went with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back