Rumor: Henry Cavill & Ben Affleck Possibly Leaving The DCEU

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Nothing is 100% official yet, but rumors are swirling around about Henry Cavill choosing to step away from Superman. There’s speculation going around about Cavill and his team intentionally leaking the rumor to negotiate a bigger contract, and things allegedly fell apart, when both sides couldn’t agree on terms for Cavill to make a cameo in Shazam. Warner Bros. released a vague statement, and there’s really no way to tell what’s going on after a pair of ambiguous responses from Cavill and his manager.

In Ben Affleck’s case, it’s said to be a done deal at this point, and he’s out of Matt Reeves’ solo Batman film. Kit Harrington’s name is being tossed around as a potential replacement, while Jon Hamm is also interested in playing The Caped Crusader.

I don’t if I’d go as far as calling Cavill irreplaceable, but he’s done a good job, and after three films, he’s about as close as you’re going to get to an ideal choice. Affleck is in the top three with Keaton and Bale for Bruce Wayne/Batman. He was good, and if they’re going with someone new, I hope it’s Jon Hamm.

These DC movies have been so drab. I don't blame the actors but I do question if they could pull off what Marvel leads are doing. Hopefully the exits will give these franchises some new life. I would even take that Gordon Levitt guy if he could make Batman fun again.

Oh well, all that matters in superhero world right now is whether or not Avengers 4 can deliver.

The DCEU was so haphazard that it's surprising they're still going. The most frustrating thing is DC arguably has some of the most iconic comic characters and storylines but they just blew through them/didn't give the characters enough time to develop. They also picked some really great actors for the role (Affleck, Cavill, Leto, Smith etc) and gave them terrible stuff to work with.

Batman vs Superman could've worked if it was literally Batman fighting Superman and then maybe they fight a generic villain at the end (Bizarro maybe) but they blew their load with Doomsday and killing Superman off early (one of the most iconic shots from the Death Of Superman comic is the Justice League carrying his coffin. That would have been awesome in live action) Suicide Squad was an editing mess and Justice League felt like a made for tv movie.

I'm not all that fussed about who replaces them. I'm more concerned about WB actually doing good storylines

Let's be honest, the Marvel Universe is pissing all over DC Universe from a great height right now...although the Bale Batman Movies were the best of the lot. Having Affleck as Batman is a joke, I can't take the character seriously. Cavill does a decent job...I just dont like Superman as a character anymore, maybe it's because i've seen so many Superman movies from the 80's until today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back