Why im not a big fan of Roman reigns.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
i don’t hate reigns like I do Cena I think you can get more value out of reigns as a heel but what’s the worst part about this guy? Just no charisma and he just bores people to shreds when he’s talking.. he’s just a robot to me, but I think as long as reigns is getting a reaction vince will keep pushing him., now now he’s kind of been depushed as of late from what I’ve seen I don’t keep up with the product as much these days and who would? I mean it’s damn awful, but sooner or later he’s going to end up back in the title scene. I think 2 things backfired and hurt reigns in his career.

#1. The wwe pushing him too hard and too soon.

#2. Him winning that rumble.

See here’s the thing as long as your getting a reaction wether it be cheers or boos vince loves it.. the only way vince will stop pushing you is if you get no reaction at all... for example big show.. vince has tried to push big show numerous times but he always gave up on show because show’s matches would get zero reaction.

Side note: while i'm happy that you're contributing so much to the wwe board, it's kinda getting boring to read all those thread about why you hate somebody.

Now then, you reasoning for hating reigns are even worst then why you hated cena and feel like you just wrote this because you reall had nothing to write.

Reigns got push for one reason and one reason only, it was what was good for business at the time. Looking at the business side of the equation, just like Cena, it made sense to push the guy that was making the most money for the company and was actually putting butts in seat for live events which is getting harder and harder to do in todays wrestling landscape.

So Reigns was the right person as the right time and did the best he could as a performer with the stuff he was given so that why i like reigns.

Side note: while i'm happy that you're contributing so much to the wwe board, it's kinda getting boring to read all those thread about why you hate somebody.

Now then, you reasoning for hating reigns are even worst then why you hated cena and feel like you just wrote this because you reall had nothing to write.

Reigns got push for one reason and one reason only, it was what was good for business at the time. Looking at the business side of the equation, just like Cena, it made sense to push the guy that was making the most money for the company and was actually putting butts in seat for live events which is getting harder and harder to do in todays wrestling landscape.

So Reigns was the right person as the right time and did the best he could as a performer with the stuff he was given so that why i like reigns.

Don’t read It then nobody is asking you to read it and I don’t care if it’s boring or not I’m expressing my opinion And I’m going to keep doing it.

I agree with the OP's premise on why Roman Reigns was so reviled by segments of the audience.

Before that Royal Rumble, people generally liked Roman. I liked Roman... he had a good look, had enough wrestling skills, and played the strong/silent type figure rather well.

In my view, it's pretty difficult to argue that even though WWE hadn't quite jumped on board yet, Daniel Bryan was the guy that year. He is the one that fans wanted to see, wanted to see win the Rumble and moreover, would've wanted to see go against HHH at that years WrestleMania.

Short story... they didn't get that. What they got was an abrupt elimination of their guy by Bray Wyatt. Then they got the seemingly "hot-shotting" of Roman Reigns, a guy squarely representative of the Vince McMahon "Superstar" mold from days-gone-by. I'll say what I said when watching Rumble '15 live... if a near universally (pun intended) loved Rock couldn't save the situation by coming out and putting over Reigns victory, nobody could.

What would follow was a consistent chorus of boos for Reigns, regardless of opponent, event, or geographic location. In the end, Reigns could've avoided all the mess if he would've been allowed to get over more organically through progressive story-telling rather than being catapulted to the main event, particularly at the expense of Bryan who was absolutely ready to take that position... at least for a period of time.

AHA! You just said that you're "NOT A BIG" fan of Roman Reigns, which means that you are admitting to just being a "CASUAL" fan of Roman Reigns. You are hereby embarrassed!

Shake it off enviousdominous, shake it off.

You're spot on with your criticisms. I would note that Roman had an amazing showing at the Royal Rumble the year before the one that he won, in that one he lasted until the end before being eliminated by Batista. For some odd reason, the WWE shit the bed on their attempt at promoting his character by having him win a Royal Rumble where he spent 90% of it sleeping.

And yeah, he's pretty fucking wooden. He would often portray the same emotion no matter what was occurring, that of annoyed confusion. His promos would never impact you in the manner expected of a world champion. He just didn't have "it", and he still doesn't in my opinion. So the WWE up and decided to throw undeserved accomplishments at him, like beating Undertaker at WrestleMania, in the apparent hope that we would simply start liking him because it seemed like the smart thing to do.

I give Roman Reigns all the love I can give for fighting leukemia and inspiring others along the way. He'll always have a place at my dinner table, but I'll probably change the channel if his matches are on tv.

As for Big Show, his act may have become stale, but he's the most versatile big man that has ever been a professional wrestler. I like him, but yeah, his matches are more of the same trope that all large wrestlers have to apply themselves to. He's going to be starring in a Netflix sitcom soon, and I'm very happy for him.

Now you and I have had this fight before, so I won't get into the nitty gritty of it. You know how I feel about Reigns and to an extent still do. Granted he has gotten better, but considering how long he's been around now, would be strange if he hadn't. I'm afraid that Reigns best days were with the Shield. Too bad that with Ambrose now gone that will never happen again.

Reigns will do well, but not watching every week like I used too I can see the product as a whole is going down the tubes. I stopped watching about two years ago and now only watch the occasional PPV. Not even going to this weeks Summerslam even though we had tickets offered too us. Not interested anymore with the WWE.

Now you and I have had this fight before, so I won't get into the nitty gritty of it. You know how I feel about Reigns and to an extent still do. Granted he has gotten better, but considering how long he's been around now, would be strange if he hadn't. I'm afraid that Reigns best days were with the Shield. Too bad that with Ambrose now gone that will never happen again.

Reigns will do well, but not watching every week like I used too I can see the product as a whole is going down the tubes. I stopped watching about two years ago and now only watch the occasional PPV. Not even going to this weeks Summerslam even though we had tickets offered too us. Not interested anymore with the WWE.

First of all, glad to see you post again here as you were my favorite person to argue with. Secondly, in a way, i get why you stop watching, i realize a long time ago that the wwe isn't produce for the iwc anymore. It's being produce for to attract the next generation of fans that in 30 years will be criticizing the product like we are today. That's why reigns as such a big raise to the top as quick as it as. He's pretty much in the same boat as hogan, warrior or savage were for those that grew up with the golden era.

What ever era we started watching their was fans hating the guy that was on top of the company or the way the product was produce, it just that now it's easy to let people know how we fell. I'm not the biggest reigns fans, but i get why he there and now he's firmly got his spot as a main event player set for the rest of his career.

I think as much as WWE and guys like Cena & Reigns have come out and said that fans pay for tickets so they can boo and cheer who they want etc. yes they can, but the WWE at the same time aren't listening, if they boo the hell out of faces and cheer heels over a course of time, give them what they want, pull the trigger and turn and the talent face/heel.

A Cena heel run could have been great, same for Reigns, even if it is temporary.

A heel run did not harm The Rock, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan etc. it could actually revitalise characters and extend careers.

I think as much as WWE and guys like Cena & Reigns have come out and said that fans pay for tickets so they can boo and cheer who they want etc. yes they can, but the WWE at the same time aren't listening, if they boo the hell out of faces and cheer heels over a course of time, give them what they want, pull the trigger and turn and the talent face/heel.

A Cena heel run could have been great, same for Reigns, even if it is temporary.

A heel run did not harm The Rock, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan etc. it could actually revitalise characters and extend careers.

You're right in theory, but at the same time, you have to think as a businessman as well as a wrestling fan. Just look at how poorly listening to the fans have been for them lately. Fans wanted becky lynch to get a push and be the focus of the division and it's been pretty much a bust financially, same goes for kofi and seth Rollins who are considered 2 of the worst drawing world champions in wwe history.

In the end, it's all about the money and the drawing power of the performers, for all the hate the fans gave guys like cena and reigns, they were big draw and made money for the company that's why they didn't turn heel like the fans wanted.

Austin talk about it multiple times on his podcast and in interviews, the worst thing he did in his career was turning heel, he left a lot of money on the table and he probably wouldn't have turn if he had known what a mistake it would be.

Cena knew better, that's why he never turn because he knew that no matter how much the IWC was turning on him, he still was making a ton of money with the rest of the wwe universe. Same goes for reigns, so we can sit there and talk all we want about how they should give fans what they want but we don't know the whole story as to why they don't always do what we want. If the books are saying something different from the fans reactions, why should they listen to us when it clear that were in the wrong.

I think that the issue with Roman is that he has not been used correctly by creative. I think that they are planning on turning Joe a face and team up with Roman at SS to face Bryan & Rowan

I think the roman is too stiff
o.png

I don't like Roman Reigns either because I think the WWE have lost their minds thinking "he" is the right guy for a push like that, there are guys currently on the roster who i'd push before him to that level, even Sheamus was more entertaining than him when WWE pushed him in that feud with John Cena.

They have literally gone crazy, this is a guy who has 0 charisma, 0 mic skills, 0 in ring ability but a fantastic physique, so thats why they push him? He's also an extremely odd pick for WWE to push considering he's not fully white and covered in tattoo's, wwe usually don't push guys like that unless they are especially talented. So they are pushing a guy who not only is not especially talented but also looks like the anti-WWE main event guy, aside from his muscles, he's totally black.

I also don't see the appeal in thinking he is the next " John Cena", he is no where near the level that Cena is in terms of anything. If WWE made a movie with Reigns at the main star, I am pretty sure I wouldn't watch it, When WWE made The Marine, although it got alot of hate at the time, it was actually a pretty decent movie IMO. I am afraid Reigns does not quite cut the cloth when I hear future face of the wwe.

i don’t hate reigns like I do Cena I think you can get more value out of reigns as a heel but what’s the worst part about this guy? Just no charisma and he just bores people to shreds when he’s talking.. he’s just a robot to me, but I think as long as reigns is getting a reaction vince will keep pushing him., now now he’s kind of been depushed as of late from what I’ve seen I don’t keep up with the product as much these days and who would? I mean it’s damn awful, but sooner or later he’s going to end up back in the title scene. I think 2 things backfired and hurt reigns in his career.

#1. The wwe pushing him too hard and too soon.

#2. Him winning that rumble.

See here’s the thing as long as your getting a reaction wether it be cheers or boos vince loves it.. the only way vince will stop pushing you is if you get no reaction at all... for example big show.. vince has tried to push big show numerous times but he always gave up on show because show’s matches would get zero reaction.
I think the reason for no reacting is because sometimes the crowd are actually appreciating the match they are seeing, Reigns is a total letdown in terms of pretty much everything and doesn't even come close the big show in terms of entertainment value, I would watch big show wrestle any time of reigns, Show also always gets a big reaction any time he returns after a long hiatus.

I don't like Roman Reigns either because I think the WWE have lost their minds thinking "he" is the right guy for a push like that, there are guys currently on the roster who i'd push before him to that level, even Sheamus was more entertaining than him when WWE pushed him in that feud with John Cena.

They have literally gone crazy, this is a guy who has 0 charisma, 0 mic skills, 0 in ring ability but a fantastic physique, so thats why they push him? He's also an extremely odd pick for WWE to push considering he's not fully white and covered in tattoo's, wwe usually don't push guys like that unless they are especially talented. So they are pushing a guy who not only is not especially talented but also looks like the anti-WWE main event guy, aside from his muscles, he's totally black.

I also don't see the appeal in thinking he is the next " John Cena", he is no where near the level that Cena is in terms of anything. If WWE made a movie with Reigns at the main star, I am pretty sure I wouldn't watch it, When WWE made The Marine, although it got alot of hate at the time, it was actually a pretty decent movie IMO. I am afraid Reigns does not quite cut the cloth when I hear future face of the wwe.

Ignoring the blatant false hyperbole in this post, this might be one of the most racist posts I’ve ever seen on here.

It's not really
Ignoring the blatant false hyperbole in this post, this might be one of the most racist posts I’ve ever seen on here.
false hyperbole, it's not really even hyperbole at all, it's the truth. I personally was not being racist I was simply stating my opinion on the fact that in the past, Vince has shown seriously racist traits.

It's not really

false hyperbole, it's not really even hyperbole at all, it's the truth. I personally was not being racist I was simply stating my opinion on the fact that in the past, Vince has shown seriously racist traits.
You said a Samoan was “totally black”.

That is racist you fucking idiot.

Roman has gotten better since the Royal Rumble days. The boos have slowed down since his illness. Vince was pushing him too fast, Roman was not ready. Daniel should have won that Rumble, it was his time. I like Roman but as a face he is a little above a mid card wrestler. Give him the u.s. title or intercontinental title. If Roman was a heel, now we are talking you can do a lot with that maybe even the world title. Give him Paul to do the talking for him or a couple of goons to help keep the title on him.

I personally WWE missed a huge opportunity after WrestleMania 30 Cena VS Wyatt. I really thing this would have been the perfect time for a "Corrupted Cena" Heel run, it would have been a little unrealistic and outlandish but still think it would have been great if done correctly and seeing a level of psychological warfare would have been interesting. In my opinion Cena was at his best early in his career where he was like Stone Cold a Face that did heel like things. His feud with JBL is a great example.

In the end, no matter what any of us think, it's all about the bottom line with WWE. I think that Eric bischoff talked about this on his podcast. In WWE it doesn'T matter what how the IWC reacts to certain performers, if they can make a lot of money of merchandise and other stuff, they won't turn the guy no matter how good or bad the reaction is. That's why Cena never turned Heel and that's why Reigns won't either. Because no matter how much a certain group of fan react to those guys, they still move a lot of merchandise. it's the same reason why The fiend is been positioned where he is right now, because is merchandise is selling very well and WWE is as always been about the money and it will always be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back