Royal Rumble - 40 Men - Good or Bad?

Do You Think The 40 Man Rumble Is A Good Idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
First Prison Thread,

Well, as announced about 5 days ago, the Royal Rumble has officially gone from 30 to 40 men. There are mixed feelings about this however, as some people say "40 People? Great!, more action!", where a lot of others are going "What a big Clusterfuck". Granted, with 40 men, there is chance for more eliminations, more actions, possibly more teaming up. The bad side is, there's a chance of too many people in the ring, as well as bringing in an extra 10 people, which may just end up being nobodies. If your first 10 men are all people we just see on Superstars, sure we'd be better off with 30? Also, I'm guessing they'll change the entry time to 1 minute, instead of 1:30, 'cos then the match should last around the same time. I totally believe this is just a trial by WWE, and if it doesn't work, they'll forget about it and go back to normal next year.

Having 40 men though, does allow for multiple opportunites;
1) Bring back Injured Superstars. - There are many Superstars who can make a return in the RR, and the extra 10 men can allow people such as Christian, Chris Jericho, HHH, Undertaker, The Great Khali etc to make their returns if the WWE feel they want them to.
2) It allows big feuds to combust. If we had 30 men, and all the Nexus-related people came in 1st, we'd then just have 20 men to have Rumble action from, not storyline action. With 40 men, we can have all the Nexus-related guys come in 1st, then build on their feuds through some eliminations and STILL have 30 men to partake in a Rumble.
3) A less obvious outcome - With 30 Men, we've got a 1/30 chance of picking the winner, no matter how obvious it may be. However, with 40, there's a 1/40 chance of picking a winner, and also, it does become slightly less obvious this year, with the highly large amount of contenders.

My Prediction for this year? - Alberto Del Rio to win. He's already basically announced that he'll be the number one entry into the Rumble. Now, remember back to when he started? He feuded with Rey Mysterio, saying he was better than him. Well, if he wanted to be better than him, then what better to do than come in as Number 1, and last till the end, laster longer than Mysterio, and also through 40 Men. Would be interesting to see. Plus, I'd enjoy a ADR vs Edge match at WM.

Come on - The Rumble is the most unpredictable and exciting match of the year. More entrants means more of a match, means more surprises, means more chances for someone to win. I fail to see how it is bad in any way.

Come on - The Rumble is the most unpredictable and exciting match of the year. More entrants means more of a match, means more surprises, means more chances for someone to win. I fail to see how it is bad in any way.

It could be bad in a way of if you were to imagine it as a way that the WWE just think it's a time to get all their guys from Superstars into a match. They might be using it as a showcase for low-card talent, which to me, just seems like a waste of time, getting these Wrestling "No-ones" into a match. I don't believe it's a terrible idea, just that there's a few negatives to it.

Come on, the No Ones are half the fun! Have you ever watched a Rumble with friends, joking about how Primo or someone has a chance at winning the Rumble, or watching the "no ones" go up against someone like Big Show? It's funny! Plus, surprise returns, possible appearances by Booker T or Val Venis, or any other legends...this Rumble is shaping up to be one of the most exciting Rumbles ever.

Come on, the No Ones are half the fun! Have you ever watched a Rumble with friends, joking about how Primo or someone has a chance at winning the Rumble, or watching the "no ones" go up against someone like Big Show? It's funny! Plus, surprise returns, possible appearances by Booker T or Val Venis, or any other legends...this Rumble is shaping up to be one of the most exciting Rumbles ever.

Ok, yeah, I suppose I have. I get your point. As much as it seems stupid, it's quite entertaining. I like those moments where you've got 5/6 "no ones" going up trying to eliminate say, someone like Big Show, then Mark Henry comes out and does it on his own, or vice versa. They do make for a good laugh. It's one of the PPV's I buy on Sky Sports Box Office.
Not heard about those those possible appearances although I'd like to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back