Roy Halladay Throws No-Hitter

Roy Halladay threw a no-hitter in Game One of the NLDS against the Reds. What do you guys think about this? This was only the 2nd no-hitter in the Postseason, and Halladay has a perfect game and a no-hitter in one season. The momentum from this win/pitching performance will be too much for the Reds to overcome. Great job by Halladay. This performance will go down in history as one of the best in playoff pitching history.

So, do you think this kind of performance will happen any time soon? Is this a big deal in your opinion?

I think it is definitely a big deal since it hasn't been done in 54 seasons. It is only the second post season no hitter in history and it was done by one of the very best pitchers in the game today. If anything, I think it cements Roy Halladay's legacy, the only thing left for him to do is win a World series title. A no hitter is a big deal in the regular season, especially this year since there have been so many, but the post season is even more special since it was done against one of the top teams in the entire MLB this season.

As for if it will happen again anytime soon, I really don't know. If history tells us anything it is that the odds are squarely stacked against another no hitter happening for a good while, however this season has also shown us that the pitchers in this league are better then ever. I would probably give it a 30% chance of happening again, but I wouldn't bet on it personally. Though it would be amazing if it did.

All I have to say is WOW!!! What a feat to do in your first postseason appearance. With all the greats that have pitched in the postseason, Halladay is only the second pitcher to ever pitch a no-hitter. I'd say that does make it a big deal, hell the first one came 54 years ago, so that shows how rare it is. Plus with him helping at the plate as well makes it a little more special.

It most definitely is a big deal considering it is just the 2nd no-no in postseason history (behind Larson's perfect game in 56). So it certainly is a big deal. It is something that we might never see and how ironic is it that we see it in the year we've had a good amount of no hitters. And now this is Halladay's 2nd of the season, that's incredible. The best pitcher in the game pitches a gem in his first playoff game. It is insane.

I'm not sure we will see something like this in awhile. It is tough to no hit a playoff team when the time matters. It is a once in a lifetime deal here. In 56 we had Larson, in 2010 we have Halladay. It is likely that we have some kid in elementary school pitching a playoff no-no in 2053. It isn't gonna happen for a good while in my mind, so watching it makes it that much more of a bigger deal.

What an impressive feat. After the regular season he's already had, including 20+ wins, leading his team to the division title, the perfect game earlier in the season, and now the no-no in the post-season, it really is time to start talking about Roy Halladay as one of the, if not the, most dominant pitchers of our generation, and should even be included on a list of all-time greats. His performance today was spectacular, it was a dominant no-hitter.

As a Canadian sports fan, I had the pleasure of following Roy Halladay during his tenure with the Jays. And I have to say, this couldn't happen to a greater guy. A class act all the way. Usually when a player leaves a team where he has been for most of his career to seek success on a new team, there are hard feelings and wishes that they won't do well. None of that for Halladay, he has earned every single one of his accomplishments and the respect that comes with them. Arguably a little intense at times (not a bad thing if you ask me), he's a great teammate. Classy and professional with the media and the fans. No one in MLB works any harder than him. Loyal to his Blue Jays until circumstances dictated that he pretty much had to leave.

Congratulations Doc and I hope he continues to enjoy more post-season success this season.

Its been said already but it was such a great performance its worth repeat. Yes its a big deal. A guy who is pitching in his first playoff game ever, does something that's only been done once in baseball history. Again I would say yes a huge deal. That was a masterful performance by a guy who continually goes out gives everything he's got. I agree with what Theo said in the Sports' Bar, in that there is no need to discuss whether is was a good move to take Halladay over Lee. He just proved his worth.

Of course this is a big deal. When you are one of only two people to do something in the history of baseball, its pretty special.

Even as a Yankee fan, I consider Roy Halladay one of my favorite pitchers in the game. I was happy to see him finally make it to the postseason and I went into yesterdays game thinking either he is going to be hit hard, or he is going to be incredible. It was the latter. He was just incredible. I am honored to say that I watched that game.

Now with the perfect game, 20 win season, postseason no-hitter, and eventual Cy Young (again), he has solidified his position in baseball immortality and the HOF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back