The Hulkamaniacs vs Team Smackdown

• The Hulkamaniacs

• Team Smackdown

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a second round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Hulkamaniacs '89

The Hulkamaniacs is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Demolition (Ax and Smash) and Jake Roberts. They defeated The 1988 Warriors team, 13-0.

Team Smackdown

Team Smackdown is from the 2005 Survivor Series, and consisted of Batista, Rey Mysterio, JBL, Lashley, and Randy Orton. They defeated The '89 Dream Team by a close 23-1 score in the first round.

Holy crap. We have what might be the dream team of the 80s against a veritable all star team. To begin with, Roberts from the 80s and Orton as the Legend Killer is an absolute classic. It's the battle of who hits their big move first, and peopel that have never seen Jake drop soemone with the DDT, take my word for it: It would take Orton out and fast. However, I would call those two a draw, as it's too close to think of who would win first. Rey is out quickly as while he's a giant killer, Demolition and Hogan have both beaten down Andre before. Rey is nothing to them and is gone without a blink. JBL could take out one of Demolition, but not before they beat the hell out of him. That leaves Hogan against Batista and Lashley. Could I really say that Hogan wins here? Yes I think I could. Hogan was on the top of the world right now, and it's not out of the question for him to beat Lashley with something that he would call quick, then kick out of a Batista Bomb and Hulk Up for the victory.

this is a cake walk. You have a paper champion in Dave Batista, at this point of his career OverReytated Mysterio, the always flabby and terrible JBL, a green Bobby Lashley, and Randy Orton. One threat on the other team. One guy that brings credibility.

This is facing the best WWF Champion, the Best WWF Tag Team Champions, and a guy argubably considered to be the best man to never win a World Title on one team, in their primes. Team Hogan wins in a fucking squash and a half. Please debate that point, please please please.

A lot tougher than I thought it would be. Batista is the key factor in this match. He has nothing that Hogan doesn't. But he has a whole lot more than Demolition & Jake Roberts. It's just a question of if the others can take out Hogan. Errm, I'd have to say no. And ancient Hogan beat Orton, Rey is a tiddlywink to the Hulkster & Lashley is greener than a vegetarians poo. JBL can't really do it on his own.

Hulkamaniac's all the way, I quite like Batista but he isnt even close to being the biggest star in WWE today, let alone against Hulkamania.

So Demolition take out Bobby Lashley, Hogan takes Rey out easily, JBL takes either Ax or smash with Orton beating the other, JBL goes out to Jake Roberts DDT. Orton and Jake Roberts fight in a close contest but I think Orton takes it, it could go the other way but I'll give the former champ the benefit of the doubt.

Hogan destroys a weakened Orton, takes a spinebuster-Batista bomb combo, kicks out and flattens Batista. Big Boot and Atomic Legdrop and the Hulkamaniac's advance brother.

The Hulkamaniacs win this for one simple reason. I normally would try to cancel out parties from each side to simplify the matchup and produce a more clean cut winner.

However, there isn't anyone to cancel out Hogan. Hogan could potentially start the match and never tag out, eliminating all other guys by himself. At the very least, I'd put him over Rey, JBL, and Lashley. Fine, Batista and Orton get him out somehow, but then they have to deal with Demolition AND Jake Roberts.

That is when I put my foot down. It just isn't happening. Hogan's team is perhaps one of the best in this entire tournament, and they don't have a good enough matchup to be out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back