Hulkamaniacs vs Warriors

• Hulkamaniacs '89

• Warriors '88

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Hulkamaniacs '89

The Hulkamaniacs is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Demolition (Ax and Smash) and Jake Roberts. They defeated "The Million Dollar Team," which consisted of Ted DiBiase, Zeus, and The Powers of Pain (Warlord and Barbarian). Set against the backdrop of "No Holds Barred," this was the final altercation between Hogan and his movie antagonist. Hogan was the sole survivor, defeating DiBiase with a leg drop, after Zeus had gotten DQ'ed and Demolition had gotten counted out.

The Warriors '88

The Warriors is from the 1988 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Ultimate Warrior, Brutus Beefcake, Sam Houston, The Blue Blazer, and Jim Brunzell. They defeated "Team Honky Tonk Man," which consisted of HTM, Ron Bass, Danny Davis, Greg Valentine, and Bad News Brown. Ultimate Warrior was the sole survivor, having to defeat both Bass and Valentie (with Double Axe Handle Smashes 20 seconds apart) to win.

Hulkamaniacs in a walk. Hogan and Warrior obviously cancel each other out. That leaves Beefcake, houston, blazer and brunzell against the best thinking wrestler ever, and perhaps the most dominant tag team of all time. Let's see. Is this a shutout of those three? Aside from an outside chance of Blazer going over one of them, there's no way Houston, Brunzell, or Beefcake do anything. DDT's and Demolishers all around equals victory for Hulk's team.

Holy shit, talk about my favorite team of all time. My favorite wrestler, paired with my favorite tag team, and a personal favorite wrestler of mine, no team can stand up to the 89 Hulkamaniacs. The Warrior team is a terrible waste of a team. Demolition, the greatest tag team champions in WWF History, paired with the greatest WWF champion ever equal complete ownage of every team in this tournament.

Yeah, the Hulkamaniacs absolutely own this, if not in the entire tournament than in this matchup. They are the perfect team, consisting of the biggest legend of all, possibly the greatest tag team of all, and Jake Roberts.

It seems too good to be true that Jake Roberts would be considered a weak point. Hogan beats or cancels out Warrior, and Jake Roberts beats Beefcake. This leaves Demolition to finish it, and I don't see how they'd lose this.

I expect the Hulkamaniacs to go far in this one.

Hulkamaniacs are going to go far in this tournament. While I don't want them to win, they go through this with relative ease. It's going to take a tough team to stop them, And Warriors just don't have it in them. Even without Hogan, arguably the best in the world, they'd win this. The only star power Warriors have is The Ultimate Warrior himself.

The Hulkamaniacs are pretty much unbeatable. You have strength and power in Demolition and Hogan. You have the mental edge with Jake Roberts. Chemistry at this point between them was damn good. They are pretty much the best team in this thing. It's going to be hard to boot this team out.

Oh yeah. Hulkamaniacs FTW.

The Warrior get's stuck with another worthless team. Maybe slyfox is right, if Warrior was really that bad then wouldn't they have put him in a team with some better workers?

This is the best Hogan team so far. If I didn't have so many picks for the eventual winner, I'd probably go with this team. You won't hear many negative comments about Hoga, Jake (from that era) and Demolition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back