• Hit Girl & Booker DeWitt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
ROUND TWO

KDyC7mO.png

The powerful team M&M proved to be a formidable duo in a first round where they steamrolled over another Marvel/Nintendo team, Gambit and Link. The baddest teenager in the world, Hit Girl, and the destroyer of Columbia, Booker DeWitt, had a little bit of a tougher time against Lara Croft and Jacket, but were also successful at overcoming their foes. Do Mario and Magneto continue on their quest for total victory, or is Hit Girl and Booker DeWitt's arsenal too vast to overcome?

FIGHT!

I'm glad that we ended up with Magneto vs. Booker DeWitt, because DeWitt is one of the few people in this tournament that could legitimately beat Magneto. Hit Girl could take out Mario, that's not a problem. She's faster, more agile and just better all-round fighter. With guns.

Booker vs. Magneto, on the other hand, you would assume be more difficult to call. Or even that Magneto would be able to destroy Booker pretty quickly. But you'd be pretty wrong.

Okay, so apart from some buttons and a belt buckle, the only metal Booker would have on his person are his guns. Well, that's fine, Booker doesn't need his guns. He's a smart guy, having outsmarted Comstock and that rebel chick more than once, he would realise what Magneto is capable of and ditch his guns. But, like I said, DeWitt doesn't need guns. Because he has his vigors.

Magneto can only control metal. Booker, on the other hand, is like he absorbed eight X-Men. He's got some telekinesis, he can shoot water, fire and electricity, and can put up a shield that stops bullets. He's more than equipped to beat Magneto. Even if none of his elemental attacks work, he could just possess Magneto. The possession technique affects the soul, not the mind, so Magneto would be vulnerable to it.

DeWitt possesses Magneto, gets him to kill Mario, then finishes him off with a flurry of flaming crows that peck out Magneto's brain.

Edit: Although, it looks like Magneto and Mario will win because people be dumb.

I'm glad that we ended up with Magneto vs. Booker DeWitt, because DeWitt is one of the few people in this tournament that could legitimately beat Magneto. Hit Girl could take out Mario, that's not a problem. She's faster, more agile and just better all-round fighter. With guns.

Per the rules, Mario has powerups. Hit Girl has no answer for a mega mushroom.

Booker vs. Magneto, on the other hand, you would assume be more difficult to call. Or even that Magneto would be able to destroy Booker pretty quickly. But you'd be pretty wrong.

Okay, so apart from some buttons and a belt buckle, the only metal Booker would have on his person are his guns.

Well, you're forgetting the iron in his blood which Magneto can manipulate to cause a stroke or heart attack. Also, Magneto can just shoot Booker with his own guns. Booker < Bullets.

Well, that's fine, Booker doesn't need his guns. He's a smart guy, having outsmarted Comstock and that rebel chick more than once,

Magneto is a fucking super-genius. As in, he is on the same level of interlect as Reed Richards, who can casually break the laws of physics. Magneto is not getting outsmarted here.

he would realise what Magneto is capable of and ditch his guns. But, like I said, DeWitt doesn't need guns. Because he has his vigors.

Magneto can tank a nuke, shoot lightning, turn invisible, fly, fry you in twelve different ways and is an expert strategist. Booker might have vigours, but he doesn't have shit on Magneto.

Magneto can only control metal.

False.

Booker, on the other hand, is like he absorbed eight X-Men. He's got some telekinesis,

Forcefield. Unless Booker's Telekinesis > a thermonuclear detonation he's got shot on Magneto.

he can shoot water,

Lame.

Lame, plus Magneto can accomplish the same thing by manipulating IR rays.

and electricity,

So can Magneto

and can put up a shield that stops bullets.

So can Magneto, except substitute 'bullets' for nukes. Also, Bullets don't actually have that much kinetic energy because they're so light. A bullet has less kinetic energy than a car moving at 20 mph. Magneto can throw cars faster than that.

He's more than equipped to beat Magneto.

Lolno

Even if none of his elemental attacks work, he could just possess Magneto. The possession technique affects the soul, not the mind, so Magneto would be vulnerable to it.

DeWitt possesses Magneto, gets him to kill Mario, then finishes him off with a flurry of flaming crows that peck out Magneto's brain.

Congratulations on making an argument I can't actually refute. You should have stuck with that one, but then your post would look pretty contentless. As is, I'm going to stick with 'Magneto kills Booker before he can react' theory but that's just me.

Without having to break out Magneto's in-case-of-emergency toys, like Remix did, Magneto and Mario will win this.

Hit-Girl is a fucking breeze. Her sword and guns are made of metal, so it gets turned against her. Even without that, though, in that picture she has a grenade. Magneto will just rip out the pin, metres away and keep the grenade close to her.

As for Booker, I don't know that much about him, but he'll be in a handicap match. He has an impressive array of elemental abilities, mind control and a magical hand that shoots bees.

Magneto's not a sitting duck, either - he can levitate. I just don't see what's stopping Magneto from twisting Booker's gun around his neck and raising him 50m into the air...

Let's not forget about Mario (but let's be honest, he's the Jannetty). He can chuck fireballs at Booker and run distraction. He's a bit of a liability, because he's not immune to mental attacks like Magneto is, but Booker's fucked if he takes his eyes off Magneto.

Yeah, except Magneto could turn that gun on Hit Girl in about 1.5 seconds tops. Or maybe Magneto helps Mario out by stopping Hit Girl's bullets, allowing Mario to jump sky high and land square on Hit Girl's head.

Also, Mario has a magical cape that reflects projectiles. Hmmmm.

Okay, so apart from some buttons and a belt buckle, the only metal Booker would have on his person are his guns. Well, that's fine, Booker doesn't need his guns. He's a smart guy, having outsmarted Comstock and that rebel chick more than once, he would realise what Magneto is capable of and ditch his guns. But, like I said, DeWitt doesn't need guns. Because he has his vigors.

Wrong. He also has the sky hook, and that's going to be one of the reasons he suffers defeat. All Magneto has to do is make that thing collapse on itself and break Booker's hand, and all of a sudden Booker is fighting through excruciating pain... with one arm.

That's not to mention buttons and a belt buckle is all Magneto needs.

And that's also not to mention that Booker would definitely have his guns with him. There's no prep time for these matches, and the guy that entered the BZT in Round 1 has the same equipment for his round 2 match. It's an argument about the rules, but to say, "Oh he can pick and choose his arsenal every time he starts a match," is kind of a cop-out. Otherwise, Batman would be a much more powerful force.

Magneto can only control metal. Booker, on the other hand, is like he absorbed eight X-Men. He's got some telekinesis, he can shoot water, fire and electricity, and can put up a shield that stops bullets. He's more than equipped to beat Magneto. Even if none of his elemental attacks work, he could just possess Magneto. The possession technique affects the soul, not the mind, so Magneto would be vulnerable to it.

A jack of all trades, master of none. Sounds like a cake walk for Magneto.

Electricity would be totally ineffectual in this fight since the Master of Magnetism would have just as much, if not more, control over the bolts than Booker.

Water? Is he planning on bathing Magneto?

Fire would be the only element I would imagine could harm Magneto, but in the time it takes for Booker to really damage Magneto, Magneto could have built a 20x scale replica of Michelangelo's David using scrap metal found around the field of play, and then made the thing fall over on Booker.

Magneto's helmet blocks all psychic attacks, so Booker won't be possessing him. Everyone knows that.

Edit: Although, it looks like Magneto and Mario will win because people be dumb.

Your arguments are awful and don't take into account how powerful Magneto is.

Per the rules, Mario has powerups. Hit Girl has no answer for a mega mushroom.

Stabbing him would be a pretty good way. If she can take out a gang of mobsters shooting guns at her, she can get to Mario to take him down.

Well, you're forgetting the iron in his blood which Magneto can manipulate to cause a stroke or heart attack. Also, Magneto can just shoot Booker with his own guns. Booker < Bullets.

Booker's shield > Bullets.

Magneto is a fucking super-genius. As in, he is on the same level of interlect as Reed Richards, who can casually break the laws of physics. Magneto is not getting outsmarted here.

I didn't say he's getting outsmarted. I said Booker would be smart enough to ditch his guns.

Magneto can tank a nuke, shoot lightning, turn invisible, fly, fry you in twelve different ways and is an expert strategist. Booker might have vigours, but he doesn't have shit on Magneto.

Right, so Booker will stand there waiting as Magneto summons a nuke from miles away. Lighting would have no effect on Booker, since his electricity vigor sends lightning through his body.

Forcefield. Unless Booker's Telekinesis > a thermonuclear detonation he's got shot on Magneto.

Again, Magneto has to get a nuke to fly over to him. He doesn't summon them from thin air.

So can Magneto, except substitute 'bullets' for nukes. Also, Bullets don't actually have that much kinetic energy because they're so light. A bullet has less kinetic energy than a car moving at 20 mph. Magneto can throw cars faster than that.

You keep using that nukes arguement, as if it makes sense that Booker would give Magneto that much time.

Congratulations on making an argument I can't actually refute. You should have stuck with that one, but then your post would look pretty contentless. As is, I'm going to stick with 'Magneto kills Booker before he can react' theory but that's just me.

Right, again, Magneto kills Booker before Booker can react with the nukes he has to get to fly from miles away.

Yeah, except Magneto could turn that gun on Hit Girl in about 1.5 seconds tops. Or maybe Magneto helps Mario out by stopping Hit Girl's bullets, allowing Mario to jump sky high and land square on Hit Girl's head.

Right, while Booker just stands there doing nothing, which everyone seems to think is all he does.

Also, Mario has a magical cape that reflects projectiles. Hmmmm.

Good thing Hit Girl has several knives.

Wrong. He also has the sky hook, and that's going to be one of the reasons he suffers defeat. All Magneto has to do is make that thing collapse on itself and break Booker's hand, and all of a sudden Booker is fighting through excruciating pain... with one arm.

Fair enough, I didn't take into account the sky hook. But again, just like the guns, I feel like Booker would be smart enough to ditch that instantly.

And that's also not to mention that Booker would definitely have his guns with him. There's no prep time for these matches, and the guy that entered the BZT in Round 1 has the same equipment for his round 2 match. It's an argument about the rules, but to say, "Oh he can pick and choose his arsenal every time he starts a match," is kind of a cop-out. Otherwise, Batman would be a much more powerful force.

Well let's assume that Magneto doesn't know about Booker. He uses his power to search Booker for metal, pulls the guns out and turns them around. That's still plenty of time for Booker to put up his shield. He's reacted faster than that in times of need.

A jack of all trades, master of none. Sounds like a cake walk for Magneto.

Just more ways that Booker can attack. No one, Magneto or otherwise, would be able to take fire, electricity, crows and the battering ram with quick succession and just shrug it off.

Electricity would be totally ineffectual in this fight since the Master of Magnetism would have just as much, if not more, control over the bolts than Booker.

Then it's a good thing Booker has seven other powers.

Water? Is he planning on bathing Magneto?

I was thinking more along the lines of blasting him with a powerful wave of water that sends him flying. Like so:

It's worked for years for Blastoise. And if you're discrediting Blastoise, then screw you, JGlass.

Unless of course, Magneto has some kind of magnetic control of water now. Y'all seem to be overrating his powers as much as I'm underrating them.

Fire would be the only element I would imagine could harm Magneto, but in the time it takes for Booker to really damage Magneto, Magneto could have built a 20x scale replica of Michelangelo's David using scrap metal found around the field of play, and then made the thing fall over on Booker.

Right. Magneto would just shrug off an instant ball of flames to his exposed face. Because Magneto.

Magneto's helmet blocks all psychic attacks, so Booker won't be possessing him. Everyone knows that.

And anyone who has played Bioshock Infinite knows that the possession isn't psychic. Booker doesn't control your mind, he controls your soul. It's like how Satan possesses people. I just said that, you literally replied to that exact comment.

Yes, I know your counter-argument, Magneto can use his magnetic powers on a demon spirit.

Your arguments are awful and don't take into account how powerful Magneto is.

And you overestimate his power. Apparently he's immune to getting knocked back by a blast of water, flames to the parts of him that are exposed and possession of his very soul. You would think he'd have taken over the world by now, since he's basically a cross between Superman and God. But better.

Booker DeWitt, meanwhile is weak and will stand there for extended periods of time waiting to get attacked. He does that all the time in the game.

Right, while Booker just stands there doing nothing, which everyone seems to think is all he does.

No, he's not standing there doing nothing; he's rocking back and forth on the ground in horrendous pain as he clutches his throat since Magneto just used Booker's skyhook to slit Booker's throat.

Good thing Hit Girl has several knives.

Metal knives?

And Mario can fireball that bitch in the face.

Fair enough, I didn't take into account the sky hook. But again, just like the guns, I feel like Booker would be smart enough to ditch that instantly.

You do realize that just because Booker doesn't have it on his person doesn't mean that it's suddenly unusable, right?

Well let's assume that Magneto doesn't know about Booker. He uses his power to search Booker for metal, pulls the guns out and turns them around. That's still plenty of time for Booker to put up his shield. He's reacted faster than that in times of need.

Even if Booker does get his shield up, it's only a matter of time before his vigor runs out and he's exposed.

Just more ways that Booker can attack. No one, Magneto or otherwise, would be able to take fire, electricity, crows and the battering ram with quick succession and just shrug it off.

I'm pretty sure the crows would be sliced and dices with random scrap metal almost instantly. Electricity, as we talked about, would have little effect. Water is cool and all, but Magneto could easily fly above it. Fire would be the only way that Magneto could get harmed by the vigors, and even so, it's still likely that Magneto would either block it with a shield or dodge it.

Then it's a good thing Booker has seven other powers.

I was thinking more along the lines of blasting him with a powerful wave of water that sends him flying. Like so:

It's worked for years for Blastoise. And if you're discrediting Blastoise, then screw you, JGlass.

Unless of course, Magneto has some kind of magnetic control of water now. Y'all seem to be overrating his powers as much as I'm underrating them.

Where have I overrated Magneto's powers? All of my arguments are based on him simply being able to control the electromagnetic spectrum, which is pretty much the most basic level of Magneto's powers.

The water wouldn't work because he could simply keep flying upwards until it couldn't reach him.

Or is saying that Magneto could fly an overestimation of his powers? I mean, he does it in almost every single one of his appearances, but apparently him using powers he uses all the time fits your definition of "overestimation."

Also, Mangeto would fuck Blastoise up. Bad.

Right. Magneto would just shrug off an instant ball of flames to his exposed face. Because Magneto.

We've talked about his shield that can withstand pretty much anything, right?

And anyone who has played Bioshock Infinite knows that the possession isn't psychic. Booker doesn't control your mind, he controls your soul. It's like how Satan possesses people. I just said that, you literally replied to that exact comment.

I played Bioshock Infinite, and not only does it at no point specify it manipulates your soul, but the fact that possession works on robots indicates that it has nothing to do with the soul.

You're talking out your ass on this one.

And you overestimate his power. Apparently he's immune to getting knocked back by a blast of water, flames to the parts of him that are exposed and possession of his very soul. You would think he'd have taken over the world by now, since he's basically a cross between Superman and God. But better.

Booker DeWitt, meanwhile is weak and will stand there for extended periods of time waiting to get attacked. He does that all the time in the game.

I'm being generous here with my arguments. All Magneto needs to beat Booker are his abilities to manipulate metal and electricity, his ability to fly, and his helmet that blocks psychic attacks. Booker can run around like a chicken with his head cut off, stand still, steal a hovercraft and drive it over Niagara Falls: it doesn't matter, Booker has too much metal for Magneto to manipulate.

Booker DeWitt likes to eat everything.

2013-04-07-bioshockinfiniteappetite.gif

See.

Booker can't eat Mario and Magneto, Mario would use the invincibility star and Magneto is metal and you can't eat metal, therefor Booker can't beat Magneto.

Magneto spots both opponents holding guns - turns them on each other and wins via 'friendly fire' because neither would expect it nor have time to react. Battle lasts an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back