Round 6: Thriller -vs- Mr. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Should active wrestlers be allowed to be bookers, such as Nash, Hall and Hogan in WCW?

This is a sixth round match in the Debater's League. Thriller is the home debater and gets to choose which side of the debate they will be on and who debates first, but they have 24 hours to make their choice.

This thread is for DEBATERS ONLY and will end on Friday at 2pm EST.

Anyone that posts in this thread besides the debaters, league admins, and judges will be infracted!

Good luck.​

Since Thriz took too long to post, I'm gonna take matters into my own hands.

No, they cannot!

You cannot have active wrestlers be bookers as well. It gives them some unbelievable clout. The wrestling world is very cutthroat. Very agressive, and wrestlers often vie for the attention for the booker. But, having an active wrestler as a booker just DOES NOT help the situation. It often adds gasoline to the fire since it makes the other wrestlers stand on edge.

Look at WCW when Nash and Hogan took control. The fingerpoke of Doom, anyone? How the nWo over-expanded and we almost ended up with The nWo franchise? Want a better reason? Bruiser Brody. That dude got killed at the hands of The Invader I (who was said to be pissed off at Brody for refusing to do jobs. Invader was a booker at the time.) Wanna know what happened as a result? It fucked the PR scene up. All because one booker/wrestler took it upon himself to set things straight and send a message.

You just cannot have bookers as wrestlers. Too much ego, too much power running unchecked, and it often ends in disaster.

Let's make it happen, Thriz. I await your response.

After a complete judge's tally, Mr. Steve is the victor on 20 points to Thriller's 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back