Round 4: The Sign Guy -vs- GuyCompton

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Is it often known that many find it hard to tell the difference between Vince McMahon the man and Mr. McMahon the character. Does that make him a dangerous boss to work under or is it irrelevant?

This is a fourth round match in the Debater's League. The Sign Guy is the home debater and gets to choose which side of the debate they will be on and who debates first, but they have 24 hours to make their choice.

This thread is for DEBATERS ONLY and will end on Friday at 2pm EST.

Anyone that posts in this thread besides the debaters, league admins, and judges will be infracted!

Good luck.​

My side will be Vince McMahon is not a dangerous boss to work under, and I'll go first.

====

Vince McMahon is an infamous figure in sports entertainment. He brought professional wrestling to the mainstream, is credited with the success of the sport, created one of the grandest spectacles today, Wrestlemania, and is the head of a now world wide company. But many argue there is another side of the man. An egotistical, destructive, ruthless and uncaring son-of-a-bitch that has no regard to the people working for him. These people will argue that Vince McMahon has come to portray his on-screen character, Mr. McMahon, in real life, and that this makes him a dangerous boss to work under. I find that to be irrelevant and completely false, and here is why.

Vince McMahon Takes Care of His Employees

No one can argue Vince McMahon does not try to take care of his employees. He does so in many ways, and that in itself disproves the theory he is a dangerous boss. You may be sitting there laughing and saying he doesn't take care of his employees, but I can prove to you he does.

Example A: Wellness Policy

McMahon has a very well-oiled wellness policy in place. It is the simple three-strikes and your out policy, and it has been used against some of his biggest stars, from Kennedy, to Regal (when he was being used as something), to Mysterio, to Morrison. It is in place to prevent wrestlers from being complete strung-out druggies and to prevent another Eddie Guerrero from happening. In all cases it is protecting his wrestlers well-beings, which I would argue goes against being a dangerous boss.

Example B: Banned Chair Shots and No Blood

Recently, WWE has banned chair shots to the head and blading. It also calls for matches to be stopped when wrestlers are busted open hardway to clean up and close wounds. This is in place, regardless of what people may think, to create a safer working enviroment for everyone involved and protect wrestlers well-beings, as well as trying to prevent another incident of benoit proportions with the chair shot ban. If trying to protect wrestlers and prevent deaths is being an unsafe or dangerous boss in anyway, I'd like to know how.

There are other examples, but I'll leave it at this for now. In closing of this post, I'd just like to re-enforce that with the two examples above, Vince McMahon has alone proven that his company is a safe place to work and that he is in no way a dangerous boss.

Holy shit, did The Sign Guy actually make an argument with factual support?! I'd give you 50 points if I could.

Final Score
The Sign Guy - 5
GuyCompton - 0

After a complete judge's tally, The Sign Guy is the victor on 20 points to GuyCompton's 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back