Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, WWE:
Money Inc. - Ted Dibiase & Irwin R. Shyster
vs.
John Cena & Batista

No spam and no flaming.​

Everybody has a price - but can you give someone money if you can't see them?

I'm going with Money Inc. They defeated the Road Warriors, Natural Disasters, and the Steiner Brothers and feuded with Hogan and Beefcake. They had lenghty title reigns and Centista beat Legacy for the titles and lost them like a couple of weeks later. Cena and Batista were just together to further their Summerslam storyline and were at each other's throats the entire time so I don't see why they would beat Money Inc. DiBiase and IRS had chemistry together and were very underrated wrestlers who would do whatever it took to come out with the victory and they will do so in this case.

One of the greatest heel teams, against two of the most over faces of today. It should be a solid match-up, but I'm going with the money here. I.R.S. was built to have the strength to take on someone like Batista, and he's clearly the better wrestler of the two. DiBiase squared off against guys like Hogan and Warrior and Macho Man, so I'm guessing Cena wouldn't be a problem...

Cena and Batista lost the tag team titles by distracting each other, not a great team spirit. They lost the titles to a team including Ted Dibiase Jr, a very green unproven Ted Dibiase Jr who was no where near his Father's level. Ted Sr is the king at winning matches by cheating and it will be extremely easy for him to do this whilst Cena and Batista are slapping each other. Money Inc. for the win.

I actually thought that Centista was going to go far here, but I cannot give them the win here. Money Inc. for all you youngsters was equivalent to now a days Chris Jericho and Big Show in a way. Except in the main event. And with great chemistry. So Jerishow times a million bucks. DiBiase matches up well with Cena, and Batista matches up well with IRS. But the longer this match goes, the better for Money Inc.

Centishit shouldn't be in this God damn tournament in the first fucking place. It's a fucking DISGRACE people actually voted for this shit team over Strike Force. While I have nothing against Cena, Batista is one of the worst WWE main eventers in history, and this isn't even a real fucking team to begin with; it should have been a random pairing.

So, with that said, fuck Centishit, I'm voting for one of the most entertaining heel tag teams to ever step foot in a WWE ring, Money Inc. And you all should do the same.

There is absolutely no fucking way Centista goes over Money, Inc. Centista were together for a week and had no chemistry at all. Sure, they won the titles, but the next week lost them to the team of Ted DiBiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes. Ted Dibiase Sr. is greater than Jr. in every possible way, and IRS is no slouch. They easily overcome because Centista is too busy fighting amongst themselves.

Money Inc. all the way.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

Money INc were one of the best Heel Teams of there era while Cena and Batista were thrown together to keep them on TV and they lost the titles to a team consisting of Ted JR.

Money Inc wins in a fairly close match up

Centishit shouldn't be in this God damn tournament in the first fucking place. It's a fucking DISGRACE people actually voted for this shit team over Strike Force. While I have nothing against Cena, Batista is one of the worst WWE main eventers in history, and this isn't even a real fucking team to begin with; it should have been a random pairing.

So, with that said, fuck Centishit, I'm voting for one of the most entertaining heel tag teams to ever step foot in a WWE ring, Money Inc. And you all should do the same.

Thank you JMT, you've literally just said everything I wanted to. GD, I love you man, but you convincing people to vote for fucking Centista over STRIKE FORCE pisses me off. Strike Force was robbed mang.

Money Inc take this one easily. Because, you know, they were actually a tag team. Batista and Cena were the tag champions for a week. A week. Versus 3 time Tag champions Money Inc, back when, you know, the WWF actually had a tag division worth a shit.

There's absolutely no reason to vote for Centista here. Not one.

The sum total of John Cena and Batistas tag team career involves winning one match and losing one match against a team that were then Raw's whipping boys. Seriously, HHH was beating them in handicap matches around this time, and their only real win had come against Hardcore Holly and well, one of the members of their own team. Legacy have grown since then, but they were fundamentally very poor when they beat Cena and Batista.

Compare that, if you will, to Money Inc. Irwin R Schyster was an accomplished tag team wrestler throughout his career, and Ted DiBiase was arguably the best heel in the business at the time. They had great chemistry, unlike their opponents, beating LOD in their first ever match. Money Inc were a great team, and should win here without trouble.

Money Inc. They're both smart wrestlers and would just let Cena and Batista sit back and beat each other up and steal a win. They were one of the best heel tag teams ever, and they got by Hogan, so why not Cena? There's no argument for Cena and Batista, period. Money Inc., all the way.

How is there "no reason" to vote for Centista here? There is plenty reason if you ask me. How about the fact that Cena and Batista are two bonafide main eventers that have dominated nearly every opponent they went up against. Kayfabe wise, there aren't many wrestlers better in the history of the WWE.

The only reason that a lot of people are voting for Money Inc. are a) because they just want to go against Centista and b) just because they were a tag team, regardless of how good they were.

Ted Dibiase was one of the most entertaining men in WWE history, but he wasn't a very good wrestler. He'd much rather use his wealth to pay off his opponents, something that Cena and Batista wouldn't succumb to.

As for IRS, he was average at best. Seriously, what has he really done in his career? He isn't that great of a wrestler at all. Lol at trying to argue that he could match Batista in strength, it's not really close. Both Batista and Cena have the huge strength advantage on both of these guys.

Lastly, I don't think you can bring personal problems into this. Sure, Centista did have some trouble at one point, but they still one the tag titles, even with that trouble. Currently, they are on great terms. Just look at Raw last night, they teamed up to end the show. I think they'll get along just fine.

If you want to vote for Money, Inc. just to get Centista out of the tournament, I guess that's ok if you want to be such babies about it, but if you want to vote for the overall more dominant, powerful, successful and expolsive team, than you should vote for the team of John Cena and Batista.

How is there "no reason" to vote for Centista here? There is plenty reason if you ask me. How about the fact that Cena and Batista are two bonafide main eventers that have dominated nearly every opponent they went up against. Kayfabe wise, there aren't many wrestlers better in the history of the WWE.

Too bad this isn't a singles tournament GD. It's a TAG TEAM tournament. Singles success in the ring does NOT equal tag team success, and to claim it does is ridiculous.

Money Inc have defeated much better tag teams than Centista. Much better. Road Warriors and the Steiners among them. As for the power game? They beat the Natural Disasters, two wrestlers much MUCH more powerful than Cena & Batista.

Ted Dibiase was one of the most entertaining men in WWE history, but he wasn't a very good wrestler. He'd much rather use his wealth to pay off his opponents, something that Cena and Batista wouldn't succumb to.

Well that's just utterly false. Ted DiBiase wasn't a good wrestler? Are you high? He was an extremely talented wrestler both in the ring, on the mic, and in a tag team environment.

As for IRS, he was average at best. Seriously, what has he really done in his career? He isn't that great of a wrestler at all. Lol at trying to argue that he could match Batista in strength, it's not really close. Both Batista and Cena have the huge strength advantage on both of these guys.

And yet Money Inc defeated the Natural Disasters, LOD, and The Steiners, three teams all of which are more powerful than Centista. They have no problem defeating power wrestlers.

If you want to vote for Money, Inc. just to get Centista out of the tournament, I guess that's ok if you want to be such babies about it, but if you want to vote for the overall more dominant, powerful, successful and expolsive team, than you should vote for the team of John Cena and Batista.

Are you kidding me? More successful and dominant tag team?

Money Inc Tag Title Reigns - 3
Centista Tag Title Reigns - 1

There goes your success argument. Did Centista ever beat the Road Warriors? Didn't think so. There goes your dominant argument.

The right vote is Money Inc, and it's not even a question. This is a TAG TEAM tournament, not a singles tournament. And in a tag team environment, Centista doesn't even hold a candle to Money Inc.

The only reason that a lot of people are voting for Money Inc. are a) because they just want to go against Centista and b) just because they were a tag team, regardless of how good they were.

Lastly, I don't think you can bring personal problems into this. Sure, Centista did have some trouble at one point, but they still one the tag titles, even with that trouble. Currently, they are on great terms. Just look at Raw last night, they teamed up to end the show. I think they'll get along just fine.

Cena and Batista lost to a less stronger and dominant team than Legacy so why wouldn't you think they won't lose to Money Inc. I think Batista lost the tag team titles by a roll-up pin and I believe they still occur so the same can happen again. I said it before that Cena and Batista were put together to further a storyline and no way in helll do they deserve to go over a tag team who beat some of the very best in their time.

Too bad this isn't a singles tournament GD. It's a TAG TEAM tournament. Singles success in the ring does NOT equal tag team success, and to claim it does is ridiculous.

Of course, so Duece and Domino would beat Centista right? Just because Money, Inc. was a longer tenured tag team it doesn't mean they automatically beat a team that wasn't together as long.

Money Inc have defeated much better tag teams than Centista. Much better. Road Warriors and the Steiners among them. As for the power game? They beat the Natural Disasters, two wrestlers much MUCH more powerful than Cena & Batista.

The Natural Disaster were about a million times slower than both Cena and Batista. The combination of power and speed between these two men is incredible.

Well that's just utterly false. Ted DiBiase wasn't a good wrestler? Are you high? He was an extremely talented wrestler both in the ring, on the mic, and in a tag team environment.

He was far from a dominant wrestler kayfabe wise. He won a lot of his matches in some flukey ways. As for on the mic, who cares? This isn't a talk off.

And yet Money Inc defeated the Natural Disasters, LOD, and The Steiners, three teams all of which are more powerful than Centista. They have no problem defeating power wrestlers.

Once again, Centista is faster than the NDs, and arguably more powerful than all of the other teams you mentioned. Have any of those other guys lifted the Big Show above their heads? I think not.

Are you kidding me? More successful and dominant tag team?

Money Inc Tag Title Reigns - 3
Centista Tag Title Reigns - 1

As I've said before, if we went simply by number of title reigns this wouldn't be a very fun tournament. Money Inc was in the tag division for a pretty long time period and won only 3 titles. Centista barely tagged together and won 1. Imagine what will happen the more Centista tag toghether. They are one scary team.

There goes your success argument. Did Centista ever beat the Road Warriors? Didn't think so. There goes your dominant argument.

Of course, the only way to be dominant is by beating the Road Warriors. Forgot about that rule, thanks for mentioning it.

The right vote is Money Inc, and it's not even a question. This is a TAG TEAM tournament, not a singles tournament. And in a tag team environment, Centista doesn't even hold a candle to Money Inc.

Once again, you can't argue that Money Inc are more talented or intimidating than Centista in the ring. You're only argument is that Money Inc was a tag team for a long period of time while Centista was not. If that's all you got, then I clearly win.

Centista is gonna be in control of most of this match, but Money Inc will pull off the victory. Some sort of distraction will occur and IRS will nail someone with that crazy briefcase (what is in there anyways? a few dusty edition of Playboy...) and Money Inc sneaks out with the victory, while Centista builds on their new feud that will main event Summerfest. Money Inc FTW!

Of course, so Duece and Domino would beat Centista right? Just because Money, Inc. was a longer tenured tag team it doesn't mean they automatically beat a team that wasn't together as long.

I didn't say being a longer tenured tag team makes them better. Did Duece & Domino has as much success in the tag division than Money Inc? No they did not.

Money Inc proved they can sneak out the win. Shit, they beat HULK FUCKING HOGAN at Wrestlemania. Are we going to argue they could beat Cena & Batista? This is the WWE remember, DQs count as well, and Money Inc are far too intelligent for Cena & Batista.

The Natural Disaster were about a million times slower than both Cena and Batista. The combination of power and speed between these two men is incredible.

Speed? Speed? When did Batista and John Cena become known for their speed? Both of their offenses revolve around power moves. Just like the Natural Disasters and the others teams I listed, all of which Money Inc. beat.

He was far from a dominant wrestler kayfabe wise. He won a lot of his matches in some flukey ways. As for on the mic, who cares? This isn't a talk off.

Who said anything about DiBiase being a dominant solo wrestler? You said he wasn't a very good wrestler at all, which is ludicrous. He's been in countless great matches.

And what does it matter if you win in a "flukey" way? A win is a win, doesn't matter how you get it. DQ or count out could be the way they win.

Once again, Centista is faster than the NDs, and arguably more powerful than all of the other teams you mentioned. Have any of those other guys lifted the Big Show above their heads? I think not.

Centista, more powerful than the Steiners? Have you seen Scott Steiner? His muscles make Batista look like Spike Dudley.

As I've said before, if we went simply by number of title reigns this wouldn't be a very fun tournament.

You brought up success in the tag team division, not me. And you cannot possibly argue that a team that was together for a grand total of about two weeks was more successful than Money Inc.

Money Inc was in the tag division for a pretty long time period and won only 3 titles. Centista barely tagged together and won 1. Imagine what will happen the more Centista tag toghether. They are one scary team.

Except when Money Inc. won their titles, the WWE tag division was absolutely stacked. When Centista won their tag titles, they were a joke. They still are a joke. Are you seriously going to argue that the tag team picture on Raw in 2008 was more impressive than the WWF during the late 80s, early 90s? For your sake I wouldn't try and use that argument.

Of course, the only way to be dominant is by beating the Road Warriors. Forgot about that rule, thanks for mentioning it.

The Road Warriors are the definition of a dominant team. They made a career off of squashing teams. They were clearly a more dominant team then Centista (who beat ONE team, and a piss poor one at that). The fact that Money Inc. defeated them means they could easily handle Centista.

Once again, you can't argue that Money Inc are more talented or intimidating than Centista in the ring. You're only argument is that Money Inc was a tag team for a long period of time while Centista was not. If that's all you got, then I clearly win.

Did you even read my post? I gave you several reasons for why Money Inc. are the clearly superior team, and you've ignored every one of them or written them off.

Money Inc. are a far more successful tag team. Far more. They could easily handle Centista.

Seriously, if they can beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania, what's to stop them from beating Centista? Nothing.

And this is a bit pointless to continue arguing considering Money Inc. is currently mopping the floor with Centista.

Money Inc. will take the victory off of Centista here.

Money Inc. had been around for a while & personified what a heel tag team should be. You have I.R.S. whom was the big man of the team & could match strengths with many big men on the opposing side. He has also been an accomplished tag team wrestler for the most part & knows the psychology that goes into these match types. Ted DiBiase played the heel character very well & is the man to cowardly sneak into the match & take control of everything. Together, these guys had great chemistry & knew how to take down highly successful teams in their own right.

Centista, I cannot see being a great team. As singles wrestlers, Batista is a great big man wrestler whom can match strengths with I.R.S & come off the better end of the endeavour. Cena would certainly give DiBiase a run for his money [pun intended] & can get the job done. As a team together, these guys don't have any chemistry at all. John Cena has little tag team knowledge at all & has lost every tag title he has ever held in the WWE ring within a month. Batista, knows how to work a tag team match with a smaller guy & has tag psychology. You can't expect Batista to lead this team or to get along with John Cena. These guys are two high-profile characters that will want the opportunity to lead the team & gain the spotlight. Money Inc. will take advantage of this & pick the win.

I didn't say being a longer tenured tag team makes them better. Did Duece & Domino has as much success in the tag division than Money Inc? No they did not.

But you are basing your debate mostly off success in the tag division, I am not. Of course, you may vote however you wish, so no arguing that.

Money Inc proved they can sneak out the win. Shit, they beat HULK FUCKING HOGAN at Wrestlemania. Are we going to argue they could beat Cena & Batista? This is the WWE remember, DQs count as well, and Money Inc are far too intelligent for Cena & Batista.

They won when Jimmy Hart counted the pinfall after the ref fell out of the ring or something. Furthermore, Hogan's partner was Beefcake, who isn't what I'd exactly call a superstar. Centista is a team of two superstars.

Speed? Speed? When did Batista and John Cena become known for their speed? Both of their offenses revolve around power moves. Just like the Natural Disasters and the others teams I listed, all of which Money Inc. beat.

Centista aren't necessarily face, but they move much better in the ring than someone like Earthquake.

Who said anything about DiBiase being a dominant solo wrestler? You said he wasn't a very good wrestler at all, which is ludicrous. He's been in countless great matches.

I said in kayfabe, he wasn't great. He was slightly above average, I'd say.

And what does it matter if you win in a "flukey" way? A win is a win, doesn't matter how you get it. DQ or count out could be the way they win.

I doubt Cena or Batista would get DQ'd. Count out, maybe. But I think a team that has the potential to win by pinfall with legit finishers will win more often than a team that wins in a fluke manner.

Centista, more powerful than the Steiners? Have you seen Scott Steiner? His muscles make Batista look like Spike Dudley.

Scott Steiner can barely walk at this point. Wasn't he a smaller guy when he was tagging, sans juice? I may be wrong, but if I'm right, then I'm right.

You brought up success in the tag team division, not me. And you cannot possibly argue that a team that was together for a grand total of about two weeks was more successful than Money Inc.

No, I brought up success in pro wrestling as a whole, you brought up the tag divison titles. Cena and Batista have been in countless high profile matches on PPV and TV, many of them being tag matches. I'm sure they will know how to tag team wrestle.

Except when Money Inc. won their titles, the WWE tag division was absolutely stacked. When Centista won their tag titles, they were a joke. They still are a joke. Are you seriously going to argue that the tag team picture on Raw in 2008 was more impressive than the WWF during the late 80s, early 90s? For your sake I wouldn't try and use that argument.

No, but Legacy isn't exactly a shit team. They beat DX, you know. They are a pretty solid group of young wrestlers, one may even say that Ted Dibiase, Jr. is better than his father, the speaker being Cody Rhodes of course.

The Road Warriors are the definition of a dominant team. They made a career off of squashing teams. They were clearly a more dominant team then Centista (who beat ONE team, and a piss poor one at that). The fact that Money Inc. defeated them means they could easily handle Centista.

Cena (most dominant wrestler in the WWE this decade) + Batista ( Makes a habit of eating smaller guys for lunch) = Domination.

Did you even read my post? I gave you several reasons for why Money Inc. are the clearly superior team, and you've ignored every one of them or written them off.

Because they aren't as good as my reasons?

Money Inc. are a far more successful tag team. Far more. They could easily handle Centista.

I could care less about "success in the tag division", if that was the criteria, Team 3D should just be handed the title.

Seriously, if they can beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania, what's to stop them from beating Centista? Nothing.

The fact that it's unlikey for Jimmy Hart to come out of nowhere with a referee shirt. He'll probably be more worried about the Hart Foundation's matchup anyway.

And this is a bit pointless to continue arguing considering Money Inc. is currently mopping the floor with Centista.

For now, I have my connections. *calls generic powerful authority figure*

I took Centista here. Face it, this is a match with four singles wrestlers. This match would main event Raw in this day and age.

I think that you have to examine what the weak link would be. In this case, it is Rotunda. IRS could not hang in this match. He was a big man for his time, but Cena and Batista both have a huge power advantage over him. DiBiase is the king of heel tactics, but today's faces are just as versed in heel tactics as 80's heels. Neither Cena or Batista is averse to taking a shortcut to get the win.

Reactions: gd
Guess what plays a huge role in Tag Teams... CHEMISTRY! Cena and Batista have no chemistry. They don't even like each other. Batista broke Cena's neck for fart's sake. Wheras Money Inc. were a gelled tag team that had experience as tag team partners. You tend to forget IRS was apart of the Varisty Club with Rick Steiner, a legit good tag team in its own right. Ted Dibiase was a great tag wrestler in Japan with Barry Windham and Stan Hansen, so they both have experience in tag teams.

Money Inc. knows how to win and will not strife against each other Centista will. Money Inc. wins.

John Cena and Batista are great singles wrestlers, but Money Inc. was a great Tag Team. The experience alone shows that Money Inc. is capable of being a cohesive unit. Cena and Batista may have been Champs for a week, but it was only for a week. I don’t know if they could work together like Money Inc can. Cena and Batista maybe the best “Deuces Wild” Tag Team on paper, but they could also be the worst “actual” Tag Team also. If you put John and Dave in the ring against Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior, who do you think would win??

Stop underselling Cena and Batista. Are you people forgetting Armageddon 2006? Centista beat Booker (in his hottest year in the E) and Finlay (in the only year Finlay ever received a PPV title match in the E). In no way should the power that is Centista be judged by a title reign cut short by a pointless upcoming match between the two set up by inept GM Mike Adamle that caused unrest within the unit. You saw Raw in December after Armageddon. Cena's cool with what Batista did to his neck in the heat of battle. There is solid unity in that team!

Please give the team the credit they're due.

Reactions: gd
I’m not trying to debate over this, but the way you make it sound, it’s as if John and Dave can actually beat the three time WWE Tag Team Champions. Cena and Batista lost the Titles back to the Million Dollar Boy and the Common Boy the week after they won. We’re talking about Tag Team wrestling here. Cena and Batista can beat the Million Dollar Man and I. R. S. any day of the week in singles competition, but as a unit, I just don’t see it happening. By the way, are managers involved in these tournaments, because I think Jimmy Hart could also play a huge factor in these matches??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back