WrestleMania Main Event
CM takes over the tournament, Sam might make a comeback

Round 1, TNA:
Outsiders
vs.
Test/Jake Roberts

No spam and no flaming.​

TNA rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- The ring has six sides and the ropes are made out of elevator cables for greater tension

I have to go with Outsiders in their prime because I don't think Test and The Snake would mesh together very well. The outsiders in their prime would decimate them honestly. It would be good but the chemistry between Hall and Nash is just to good for a deuces wild team to beat.

Hmm, interesting matchup indeed. The Outsiders were one of the most popular and influential tag teams during the height of wrestling and are perhaps best known for being involved with Hogan's heel turn. They are both big, powerful guys with a bunch of experience.

Jake Roberts is one of the most interesting wrestlers ever, but wasn't exactly the most successful, I think he'd be outmatched here. As for Test, I think he'd have to fit under jobber/irrelevent status. I seriously doubt he'd even be in this tourney if he hadn't died recently.

Outsiders move on

First of all, anything Test can do Nash can do and can do far better. Roberts I think is slightly better than Hall, but there's just no way I can validate giving the win to him and Test. Hall and Nash are just too big and too strong for them, plain and simple. Also I can't picture Test and Roberts working incredibly well together, while you know the Outsiders will. This one goes to them, especially considering Nash has a good amount of experience in TNA.

Agreed with GD here. Interesting matchup. Can Test's power go against Nash's. Keyfabe no, and that is how I usually like to go. And Hall vs Roberts? Very close again, But I think Hall could do everything Roberts could do. So I have to give it to The Outsiders.

This certainly is an interesting match like GD said.

I have to give my vote to the Outsiders. I think that Nash is better than Roberts, however I don’t know if I would say that Hall is better than Roberts. Also, I think that both Hall and Nash are better than Test who I think will be the weak link in his team. Anyways, I don’t just can’t see them being able to defeat the Outsiders. Like KB said, they are just too big and too strong for them which automatically give them an advantage. Also, Hall and Nash have worked together for a very long time and have good chemistry as a tag team; I don’t think Test and Roberts would be able to work very good together. My vote goes to the Outsiders.

I'm going Outsiders here. Test matches Nash in size, but that is it. Roberts is better than Hall in my mind and I think he is right up there with Nash. If Roberts had a better partner, I think they could pull off the victory. But Snake and Test aren't gonna beat the Outsiders any time soon. Nash and Hall move on here.

Hall and Nash were buddies. They were in a Kliq and knew each other like the back of their hands. Jake and Test? Would not mesh well together. A pretty boy who likes blondes and a haggard nutcase who likes snakes and whiskey? Nah. I'll take the Outsiders in a good battle that ends when Nash jackknifes Roberts on Damien and kills it, because Nash booked it that way.

Seriously though...Outsiders in a romp.

Call me crazy, but unlike seemingly everyone before me, I'm going to match up Roberts with Nash, and Hall with Test.

Roberts is clearly the best all-around in this match. There's not much denying that as fact. Hall v Test is better than you'd think, and in a TNA ring, I may just give the edge to the drunk that actually got with Stephanie. Add in the fact that Roberts can hit anyone with the DDT at any time, and you have yourselves you winners.

Roberts/Test FTW

Another extremely easy match up. Jake Roberts is arguably the greatest heel of all time in my book, and I've always thought Test got way too much undeserved flack and was actually pretty underrated, but against Scott Hall and Kevin Nash? Not a chance in hell. On one hand you have one of the best big men of the last 20 years, and his partner is arguably the greatest wrestler to never win a world title.

Sorry Test/Roberts, love you guys, but the Outsiders take this, and do so quite easily.

The Outsiders are one of the greatest tag teams concerning chemistry. These guys were apart of the kliq & formed the nWo... both have been wrestling together for a long time & know each other very well in how to act in any tag match. They had psychology, they had a lot of experience & they know how to adapt to anything & gain the victory cleanly or not. Since Nash has TNA experience that has contributed positively to his experience in the six-sided ring... they will easily take the W off of Test/Roberts.

Since Nash has TNA experience that has contributed positively to his experience in the six-sided ring... they will easily take the W off of Test/Roberts.

I believe Test also spent a short piece of time in TNA, and I know for a fact Roberts did. Sure, they were both drunk and out of shape, but they spent time there. The ring will not be a factor. Neither man wrestles a style where the ring would affect them a whole lot. How many time does Roberts really climb the turnbuckle? How many times does Test come off the ropes? Never.

Roberts with a DDT FTW

outsiders -a real tag team who are real life best friends and have wrestled together for ages - chemistry right there. they've held a LOT of gold and aren't adverse to cheating - tazer gun anyone? not that they'll need to cheat against a team that has test, a wrestler so crap no one even overrated him after he died - sorry but it's true. r.i.p tho.

Hall and Nash as The Outsiders set in motion events that changed wrestling, but they were also very accomplished as a tag team in their own right. They were always there or thereabouts in WCW, and I think that Roberts and Test probably wouldn't work very well, as I think Roberts was on his own for just about his entire career, and isn't very similar to Prince Albert.

Since the Outsiders are probably going to win this, I'll go with Roberts/Test. As I believe NSL has said, Roberts is probably the best out of the 4 we're dealing with. In his prime, probably before Stone Cold turned him into a catchphrase, he was deadly. Test was extremely underrated, and during the late nineties, I though he was destined for the main event. Hell, even during his later run with ECw I thought he would do ok.

Yeah, I know Nash was a WWF/WCW Champion. I know Scott Hall is...cool. Probably going to be a quick victory. But dammit I cant try can't I?

Test is the weak link here. he may have more size and strength than his partner, but Test can't hold a candle to Jake Roberts- let alone hold his own in a tag match against Hall & Nash. During the Outsider days, Hall and Nash were the biggest and most successful guys in the wrestling business. They were mean, nasty and destroyed everyone in their way. It's just not feasible for Test and Roberts to beat these guys.

Outsiders advance.

Again, this is another example of a Team vs. Two guys. Test was good, Jake was better, but at the end of the day, Nash and Hall were just too sweet. Yes, the Outsiders pulled some underhanded tricks to win their 6 Tag Titles, but who is to say they wouldn’t do it again. I think Diesel and Razor Ramon get at least to the next round, maybe third, depending on who they have next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back