Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

ryuvdaredevil.png

The bareknuckle brawler from Japan takes on the blind fighter from Hell's Kitchen in this match. Ryu is a martial arts expert, with fearsome punches, kicks, and combos, as well as his small energy blast called the Hadouken. Daredevil may be blind, but this has honed his other senses to the pinnacle of perfection, allowing him to fight as well if not better than a man with sight. Both men are formidable opponents, but will the street fighter prevail, or will Daredevil's mastery of several styles of fighting give him the edge?

FIGHT!

This one is a tough one. The way i view it is that they are equals when it comes to physical ability to beat down their opponent. However I think where they differ is intellect. And for that reason I voted Daredevil. Daredevil is extremely capable of using his brain to win the fight where as Ryu I think is less likely to use his head. Having a tough childhood I think has taugh Daredevil to use what he has in order to win and for that reason I have to go with Daredevil in a close one.

Horn Head, they would be pretty level on fighting ability but DD has him on intellect, resilience and the massive advantage of the billy.

Daredevil has defeated entire armies of Ninja's (remember The Hand?), so I think when it comes to going up against one street fighting martial artist, DareDevil will be more than capable of hold his own, plus the more noise Ryu makes the easier it'll be for DD to lock in on where he's at, and take him out. This fight will be close, and most likely take awhile but I see DD's heightened senses giving him a slight edge in this fight. Mr. Murdock moves on to round 2.

Daredevil, he and Ryu are pretty close in hand to hand combat but once again the weapons edge comes in and that is where Daredevil gets the opening he needs to take Ryu out. Daredevil by come from behind ass kicking

Daredevil is a blind superhero, who primarily relies on his super hearing in order to survive. His agility is superb, but not superhuman.

Ryu is one of the best fighters in the Street Fighter canon, and even if Daredevil could see, he would still get his ass whipped by Ryu in just straight hand to hand.

If you watch the Street Fighter anime that accompanies the games, you can see what everyone is actually capable of. These guys have strength and stamina comparable to Fist of the North Star or the original Dragonball. Check out this video...

[youtube]lfxVKlRUjJg[/youtube]

All Ryu has to do is stand off to the side, and shoot fire balls at Davedevil until he KO's him. Ryu wins easy.

Fireballs is nice but if Bullseye can't take him out, Ryu has no chance. DD has the ability to take down Spidey, one of the most agile and hard to take down guys in the Marvel pantheon (not to mention that he is 40 or 50 times stronger than Matt). His fighting style covers pretty much every brand of martial arts and is augmented with boxing, wrestling, a perfect sense of balance and better gymnastic dexterity than any normal human. He uses his billy club so expertly that only Cpt America's shield rivals it's unerring accuracy. Standing off to the side? What use is that against a man with his own radar? As I stated in my opening line, the world's best assassins have tried to take ol' Horn Head out, your boy has no chance.

Daredevil is quite probably the most consistently well written character in comics. Bendis' run on Man Without Fear may have been the peak, but he's been treated well by pretty much any writer who's penned him, despite each arc normally finding a new catastrophe striking. Loved ones dying, secret identities being revealed, being put in prison, being possessed by a demon - you know the drill.

Sorry, am I talking about artistic merit again? What a cunt I am.

Daredevil dons his yellow suit - to show this punk what palette-swapping should be; despite being blind - and beats this gi-wearing goon to within an inch of his life. You think Batman's an accomplished ninja? Pah! Morons. Then he takes him to court and successfully sues him. Don't fuck with ninja-lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back