Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
y3eri.jpg

Round 1 Match: Grave of the Fireflies vs. The Social Network

The polls will close for this match on Friday, October 19 at 12:00am

Isao Takahata's Grave of the Fireflies was more requested during the preliminary discussion for this tournament, than any of Miyazaki's classic animated adventures, and must now stand alone for its genre against David Fincher's Oscar-winning interpretation of the birth of social networking juggernaut, Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg may have become a self-made billionaire overnight, but can he make it to the second round against such steep competition?

I'm finding this one quite difficult to choose between. I think The Social Network might be the better film, the issue I have is that I don't feel the subject matter is anywhere near as worthy or valuable in comparison to Grave of the Fireflies. The loneliness of isolation of the internet age simply pales in comparison to the consequences of nuclear war and family.

Yet another difficult choice (so many goddamn awesome movies)

These films couldn't be any more different. I really enjoyed Social Network and thought Andrew Garfield's performance was woefully ignored by the academy in the us. The soundtrack was damn near perfect but GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES is probably the best film to deal with the events at the end of World War 2.

I loved the social network but Grave of the Fireflies is just so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back