Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
dJVxy.jpg

Round 1 Match: Wall-E vs. Hotel Rwanda

The polls will close for this match on Friday, October 19 at 12:00am

As one of the few animated films to make this year's tournament, Wall-E has been in constant contention for the role of Pixar's masterpiece since it came out in 2008. Visually it was breathtaking, and its fun, yet uncomplicated social commentary was a good message for the adults to take home as well. But Hotel Rwanda put Don Cheadle on the map of actor's to be taken very seriously (along with Crash, let's be honest here...), and showed incredible depth for the actor, as well as his relatively unknown director Terry George. Two great films, but only one can move on!

I have an appreciation for "animated" family movies but Wall-E was one that just didn't stand out to me. Can someone explain to me what is so great about it compared to countless other superior movies in the genre? I think you got laid after you watched it and are confusing that experience with the cinematic one. Hotel Rwanda isn't the best movie I have seen but it is solid and interesting. I had a good time reading about what really happened afterwards. A much more interesting divergence from reality than the complete fabrication of something like Social Network as you have to decide which is true and which is political posturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back