Round 1; 4 Super Mario Kart v 125 Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne

?

• Super Mario Kart

• Sin Megami Tensei III

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Super Mario Kart, some great fun racer that saw a huge attempt at clones, and really kept the Mario Franchise alive.

I've not played the other game and thus won't vote, but come on!

smt 3 easily for me. I really hope you don't blindly vote for mario kart out of blindness here. Play smt 3 before voting and I promise that the game I credit as one of the best games that most haven't played will win you over.

SHMTN3 gets my vote. I feel its a underrated RPG which is pretty damn unique.
A basic summary of the the game is as follows.

In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, you are a boy who starts out by taking an innocent trip to the hospital to visit your sick teacher, Yuko Takao, with your friends Chiaki Tachibana and Isamu Nitta. On the way to the hospital and upon arrival, there is a strange feeling in the air accompanied with even stranger happenings, and soon you find yourself the survivor of the apocalypse and a resident of what is called the Vortex World. Given amazing powers and capabilities bestowed upon you from the Magatama given to you by Lucifer, you must set out on a quest to help recreate the world how it once was, or give birth to a new world with the guidance of a Reason.

The game gives you a lot of customization over what you do. Your decisions, and how you choose to shape the world is in your hands. Your stats when you level up are added by you yourself. Your abilities that you wish to learn are up to you, and probably the most fun feature of the game, your party is up to you. Through out the game you fight demons in your basic turn based gameplay, but these demons you fight can join your party during battle if you wish. Throughout the whole game your party is made up of the demons you recruit. You can also fuse two demons in your party, and create a new powerful demon. Some bosses can even be recruited at a later point. Graphic i found great for its time. The story is damn fine also, lots of surprises and very open depending on what you decide. Due to multiple endings, rebuilding your character differently, and creating a whole new party setup. This game has tons of replay value.

Although this RPG might be a bit pricey since its rare, if you can find it at your local gamestop/gamestore bargain bin i highly recommend you pick it up.

note Mario Kart Has One Less Vote Than The Poll Says, I Am Not Voting This Round But It Has Registered Me As Voting For Mario Kart!

Like TM and Raiden I have to go with Shin Megami Tensei III here. Super Mario Kart, while fun, gets old pretty fast. I prefer Mario Kart 64 to be perfectly honest.

Shin though is one of those games that takes itself beyond the gaming world and into the storytelling world. A rich, dense story that can only be rivaled by RPG's like Final Fantasy in terms of sheer brilliance. The darkness of the story is what really sells it for me and puts it leagues and miles above Mario Kart.

Racing games are pretty low on the totem poll of gaming if you ask me, so Shin takes this one rather easily for me personally.

I haven't played SMT 3, so like Lee I will refrain from voting. But let me say this, Super Mario Kart is probably one of my favorite Mario Kart's, and I had fond memories of this game as a child. While I am refraining from voting since I did not play SMT 3, I would love to get my hands on it and give it a spin.

My faaavorite racing game ever, my friends. Super Mario Kart. Cloned by many, rivaled by few. I love, love, love this game. So I'm voting it over it's competition. Simply because I like it THAT much.

Though, honestly, I wouldn't mind at all if it lost. I'm much more focused on Final Fantasy Tactics surviving until an epic showdown in the finals. Oooh lordie lord. Best of luck Xfear and the like.

Super Mario Kart is an iconic SNES game, it's third best seller, and a huge critical and commercial success. It's a fun racing game and for its day it was a great, enjoyable game. SMT3, meanwhile, is a lesser known but still excellently crafted RPG, in terms of story and character customization, thought its combat leaves much to be desired.

I think at the end of the day if you're looking for an addictive, great game, SMT3 is your choice. SMK is a great game, but when you stack it alongside its fellow Mario Kart games, and stack it next to SMT3, I think it must fall short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back