Roman Reigns VS Titus O'Neil VS Brock Lesnar - The Strange Comparison

I would be that crazy person, and I do think that Reigns has lost a lot of fan support. I am a fan, but even I'm pissed at the way he's been booked, and don't think he's ready to main event the biggest show of the year. Obviously I'm not the only one, you just have to listen to the crowd to see that.

When Reigns was a member of the Shield he was getting a solid 10 in reaction from the fans. Since the breakup and we can see that a lot was hidden, some have moved on. He is no way near as over as he was back in the Shield days. The reaction of the crowd at the Rumble should have been a wake up call. Factor in the Rock having to be called in to help save Reigns, and now this ridiculous feud with Bryan. Reigns was over, then wasn't and now they're doing everything they can to get the magic back.

And the reason I have Rollins a 10 on the mic and Ambrose an 9, is mainly because of the length of time Rollins is able to get air time. He gets much more than Ambrose does, being a member of the Authority and all. I'm sure if Ambrose as you say wasn't as scripted as he is, and got the time Rollins did, they would be even. Although getting a 9 out of 10 on mic skills is pretty good, considering how much Reigns sucks on the stick.

Well, for the Rollins-Ambrose part we agree the way you place it but for Reigns, the reaction, meaning both cheer and boos surely matches, or almost matches his Shield days. People care about him, whether it is in a bad or a good way, so he is relevant that he reaches almost ten for me, of how over he is with the fans. He's white hot right now, hotter than ever. He's the guy that everybody is talking about. Kinda like Cena where he gets these mixed reactions but is always over as hell.

Your having a laugh if you think reigns' build is only a 7 and Titus is a 9.

BNUCGpLCIAE4WF4.jpg:large

Reigns is barely bigger than Rollins and Ambrose. Titus is around the same size as Batista, if not bigger. Google it.

Speaking of Batista, he even thinks Titus is underutilized.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/546469331400273920

Compare Titus to the plethora of undeserving Intercontinental, United States and Tag Team Champions. Titus can't even win ONE? That's silly, even if you THINK he sucks. He could easily be WWE's version of Jon "Bones" Jones.

ABsIiIw.jpg

Reigns is barely bigger than Rollins and Ambrose. Titus is around the same size as Batista, if not bigger. Google it.

Compare Titus to the plethora of undeserving Intercontinental, United States and Tag Team Champions. Titus can't even win ONE? That's silly, even if you THINK he sucks. He could easily be WWE's version of Jon "Bones" Jones.

ABsIiIw.jpg

Have a look at Reigns right bicep there, it shits on ambrose and rollins bicep.

You wont get an argument from me that Titus is underutilised, thats not the argument. He couldnt be Bones the two are completely different and the fact that you think he could be, could be construed as slightly racist if i'm being honest.

ABsIiIw.jpg

Look, if you're talking about WWE 2K14, yes Reigns is smaller than Ambrose and Rollins. But the guy is around 260 and the other two barely hit the 220 mark. You must be out of your mind thinking they are similar. Also, Reigns is wearing a shirt in this pic.

I gotta say tho, Titus looks damn good with the title on his shoulder. :)

ABsIiIw.jpg

cab7abedc01199b27035323822419272.jpg

If that doesn't make it clear that Reigns is bigger than other two, I don't know what will.

As for Titus, I do agree that he could have probably been used better when he turned on DYoung, however, I disagree that he can realistically be compared to Reigns as he just doesn't connect the way Reigns has, and quite frankly, I can't see anything that suggests he could.

Wasnt there a report that Vince and HHH were real impressed by a backstage interview he gave with i think Renee Young? I remember it being really impressive as he corrected Young on how to spell champion by spelling it as titus. That is a brilliant gimmick for anyone but especially Titus as he has the body to back it up. I think he just wasnt able to get over as people just viewed him as a tag team wrestler

But the guy is around 260 and the other two barely hit the 220 mark. You must be out of your mind thinking they are similar. Also, Reigns is wearing a shirt in this pic.

I never said they were similar. Reigns is obviously bigger, but not by much. In fact, Ambrose is 6'4" while Reigns is 6'3". If Reigns was at least Titus' height (6'6") he would look more like a powerhouse. Just my opinion.

Compare Reigns' 265 to Batista's 290 and Brock Lesnar's 295 (their weight at their primes). THOSE characters were powerhouses. Triple H was rolling around at 6'4" 275 for a while, but they never pushed him as a powerhouse character.

I gotta say tho, Titus looks damn good with the title on his shoulder. :)

He most certainly does :)

I don't even care about him being WWE Champion. But PTP were over as hell during an era where there are no true tag teams, and never won the tag titles. Meanwhile Damien Mizdow got a chance to be tag champs? Silly.

At LEAST give Titus the U.S. Title for starters. Zack Ryder and Santino won the U.S. Title for crying out loud. He doesn't wrestle stiff like Ryback, and he is not THAT bad in the ring. Brock Lesnar is horrible on the mic, but that doesn't stop him from being a 4-time world champion. So I can't understand it.

I had hopes that they would turn things around for Titus after his brief run in NXT recently. He's alright on the mic and comes off comfortable and believable... his little gator bark is or was SOMEWHAT over because people knew it and it's better than having nothing. Wrestling guys like Sami Zayn really drove home just how big and deadly the guy could be booked - he was throwing those guys across the ring like they were nothing and came off as an imposing giant. Then he returns to WWE, goes back into Slater Gater (who do not mesh very well as a tag team) comedy jobber bit... THEN they try to have him beat or tie Santino's record for the quickest elimination in Royal Rumble history, mistimes it and gets caught on the ropes and supposedly infuriated Vince McMahon in the process.

If trying to beat Santino's record was a gauge for what they wanted to do with him going forward, things weren't looking good. I guess they want him to come off as a buffoon. In Santino's sake it made sense... he was the ultimate comedy jobber, it enhanced his character. How does that help Titus in any way? He's a hulking, strong dude and it basically killed any momentum he had coming out of NXT.In my opinion he should be used as Corporate muscle and wear a suit or something... that or just get the PTT back together.

There also seems to be disconnect with how he uses social media. They made him the posterchild for their Susan G. Kolemann breast cancer awareness month, and he is often posting stuff like motivational quotes and doing appearances for WWE's various causes. Not that it's a bad thing, but he plays a cocky asshole heel. I know "kayfabe is dead", but not many WWE Superstars break kayfabe THAT much on social media.

Wrestling is all about how the powers that be views you. They don't see anything in Titus so he's essentially a lower card comedy act/jobber. They view Reigns as a star so he gets pushed based on how they view him. Titus could be a solid upper mid carder or even main eventer. He has the look, charisma, and he's decent in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back