Role Model

shattered dreams

Hexagonal Hedonist
Who is the greatest all around role model in the history of professional wrestling? You can't merely take part of a wrestlers body of work or life. Assume it is all going to be known. Consider all on screen character/actions and all off screen character/actions.

Ricky Steamboat. He was always a face, never had any controversies throughout his career, and at one point in his career he had his wife and son at ringside for most of his matches showing that he was a family man. Can't really think of one negative thing to say about the guy.

Hulk Hogan. He made me say my prayers and eat my vitamins. Can't get any better than that.

DDP he proved that no matter how old you are you can still do it with a BANG!! Be who you are, and stand up to bullies (NWO) just be true to who you are monkies!
Oh and not to mention DDP Yoga and doing life changing shit for people? Yeah he's a man amoung men. If my sons said.. I want to be like DDP when I grow up, I would be one proud father.

One could make a very solid case for DDP

At one point I would've said Hogan. But I'll probably go with Foley. Don't know the whole story on him, seems he can be humble.

Bruno Sammartino, hands down. He's a good husband and father by all accounts. He is loved and respected as a pro wrestler. He was a crusader to keep wrestling clean of steroids, illicit drugs, and sexual/profane content. His record is spotless, and he's lived a long, healthy life thanks to dedication to exercise and staying drug free. I can't think of a single top guy who can touch him as far as being a role model in the ring and out.

Bruno Sammartino, hands down. He's a good husband and father by all accounts. He is loved and respected as a pro wrestler. He was a crusader to keep wrestling clean of steroids, illicit drugs, and sexual/profane content. His record is spotless, and he's lived a long, healthy life thanks to dedication to exercise and staying drug free. I can't think of a single top guy who can touch him as far as being a role model in the ring and out.

I agree 100%. LMAO at the Hogan suggestion

Triple H - how to sleep your way to the top AND how to know which steroids are better than others
Kurt Angle - how to improve your tolerance... of alcohol
Steve Austin - how to keep strong the pimp hand

I think we're good

HHH - Build relationship with the right people (klique) to advance your career. Don't be afraid to bend the rules using steroids (or sledgehammer) but keep it under control so it doesn't jeopardize everything. Know your limits by either resorting to using Evolution to retain your title or to stay within wrestling instead of going for starring roles in movies. Job to people who either owe you one or to people with locker room influence so you can justify inserting yourself in hot feuds to stay relevant without them making too much noise.

Have a healthy family life and keep in shape. Also able to convince your already hot girlfriend to get implants.

My disappointment at the lack of mentioning Louie Spicolli can not be stated enough

What's wrong with Hogan? Did I mention Hogan of today? No, no I did not.

Yes, a man who was called "The Tampa Pipeline" because of his (alleged) connection to drugs is a pretty good role model

Who is the greatest all around role model in the history of professional wrestling? You can't merely take part of a wrestlers body of work or life. Assume it is all going to be known. Consider all on screen character/actions and all off screen character/actions.

Ric Flair for being "The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!" He's the Nature Boy 24/7. Now, that's committing to a gimmick! Just ask his 4 (and counting wives) or the wrestlers (Bret Hart, Mick Foley) he has legitimate heat with over a predetermined business.

My disappointment at the lack of mentioning Louie Spicolli can not be stated enough

Yes, a man who was called "The Tampa Pipeline" because of his (alleged) connection to drugs is a pretty good role model

Wasn't this thread about wrestling role models? Maybe I took it as the wrestler who was a good role model, not the person who played the wrestler.

I would say god but he bailed on Michaels during his only match.

I'll go with AW. He stood up for freedom of speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back