ROH. Wilpon group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondCitySaint

Occasional Pre-Show
This is my first thread. Don't be too harsh on me if it sucks. I am curious about something, and hopefully some of y'all are, as well. We heard news about the Wilpon group associated with the NY Mets baseball team getting into the wrestling business like, what, a year or so ago? I recall reading tons of threads about it. I am curious as to why they didn't buy ROH and Sinclair did. Do you think this could have worked? Would the Wilpons' money have been able to lure big names away from the E? How about people who had been future endeavored? Again, this is my first thread. Forgive me if it is not up to par.

This is my first thread. Don't be too harsh on me if it sucks. I am curious about something, and hopefully some of y'all are, as well. We heard news about the Wilpon group associated with the NY Mets baseball team getting into the wrestling business like, what, a year or so ago? I recall reading tons of threads about it. I am curious as to why they didn't buy ROH and Sinclair did. Do you think this could have worked? Would the Wilpons' money have been able to lure big names away from the E? How about people who had been future endeavored? Again, this is my first thread. Forgive me if it is not up to par.

One thing about ROH is that you can have all the names, advertising deals and other shit you wish, they don't care for it. All they want is the best wrestling talent, it's what they pride themselves on, it's what Silkin craves and it's what the head booker(Delirious!) wants. They aren't that interested in name recognition.

I remember the Wilpon rumors. They weren't all that fact based though, I think they had an interest in Ring Of Honor but the thing is they probably came to the realization that it's a pretty big project to undertake. If they came in and immediately said, "National TV within the year," they'd be throwing money all over the place in their attempts to achieve that.

I'm happy with the SBG purcahse. They've given ROH the next step-up, but it isn't such a big step that it can backfire. ROH will just do their thing, and the more fans that become disgruntled with WWE or TNA will eventually switch to ROH. The odd thing is, most ROH fans are people who think the main two have a shit product, and feel, as they should, that ROH does thing the right way.

If ROH were given the money to bring people into the organization from WWE, there isn't all that many I could see making good runs in ROH. I know there are a few, Christian and those sort of wrestlers, but you won't be seeing Big Show in ROH anytime to come.

One thing about ROH is that you can have all the names, advertising deals and other shit you wish, they don't care for it. All they want is the best wrestling talent, it's what they pride themselves on, it's what Silkin craves and it's what the head booker(Delirious!) wants. They aren't that interested in name recognition.

I remember the Wilpon rumors. They weren't all that fact based though, I think they had an interest in Ring Of Honor but the thing is they probably came to the realization that it's a pretty big project to undertake. If they came in and immediately said, "National TV within the year," they'd be throwing money all over the place in their attempts to achieve that.

I'm happy with the SBG purcahse. They've given ROH the next step-up, but it isn't such a big step that it can backfire. ROH will just do their thing, and the more fans that become disgruntled with WWE or TNA will eventually switch to ROH. The odd thing is, most ROH fans are people who think the main two have a shit product, and feel, as they should, that ROH does thing the right way.

If ROH were given the money to bring people into the organization from WWE, there isn't all that many I could see making good runs in ROH. I know there are a few, Christian and those sort of wrestlers, but you won't be seeing Big Show in ROH anytime to come.

Yea, I know at one point in time it was even stated on a few sites the Wilpon group even signed a few guys to deals, none ROH linked which is not the type of organization I think they would run. I could see them having an entertainment based promotion. The Sinclair deal is great for people like me without HDNet but having WBFF 45 out of Baltimore where the presser took place.

And Dragon Saga, your correct about not seeing a Big Show type guy in ROH. His WCW work was very impressive though and a 23 year old Paul Wight would have fun to watch hitting drop kicks and moonsaults in ROH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back