ROH stars going to TNA or WWE?

ScruffDog

Pre-Show Stalwart
Austin Aries, Erick Stevens, The Dark City Fight Club and Necro Butcher have all been pulled from the ROH roster page.

Do you think that any of the guys could move to TNA or the WWE, or are they just taking some time off and will stay in ROH?

If they are leavening, who would you like to see go where?

Wow are you serious?

I find that suspicious as TNA Bound For Glory is this Sunday and Bischoff has said this week that TNA has to go to plan B for BFG b/c Hulk Hogan will not be able to show up.

I think this might have something to do with it. Necro is definitely not going to WWE. I don't think any of them are for that matter. I'm not privy to all the details and if this actually means something, but I've had the suspicion TNA was going to have new unknown wrestlers show up such as the ROH guys, Zorro and anyone else from AAA.

Necro would definitely fit as a part of an Abyss "They" stable the more I think of it as well. And having Aries back in TNA will be a good thing in any capacity for TNA to rebuild X Division.

All in all, I think it's very interesting. Though, could be nothing I guess.
If being removed from the roster means something, I'd figure for a guy like Aries it'd mean being signed to WWE/TNA.

EDIT: This is what Austin Aries wiki profile says.
On October 6, 2010, competing promotion Evolve announced that Aries would make his debut for the promotion on November 20

Austin Aries has been released by ROH to cut down the size of their roster. However, he will be going on the indy circuit making his debut for the Evolve promotion on 20 November. I think the others may have been released too for the same reason.

hooo boy this is going to be a fun few weeks.

I'm going to come out and say this right here and now. Austin Ares will come to WWE. WWE now has four former ROH champions on its books. Every one of whom will mention that Austin Ares is as charismatic as they come and can wrestle to boot. WWE tends to go after the cream of the indie crop if they can get their hands on them and now Ares has no long term contract to prevent him joining the big ship. And he will join the big ship. WWE offers him an easier schedule and eventually a lot more money. ANd if he's like every other wrestler in the western world, he grew up dreaming of headlining Wrestlemania, which is an added bonus over TNA.

I have no idea who Ereck Stevens is, so I won't comment on where he'll go. I know Necro's a hardcore wrestler, so WWE won't touch him with a bargepole. TNA is a possibility, but they've got enough hardcore crazy bastards so it's not a massive one. And unless WWE's planning a massive restructuring of their tag division (i.e. pushing it) I can't see them going for a tag team from the indies who none of its fans will know of when they can shove two wrestlers into a team and have them throw in a few double team moves.

So yeah, Austin Ares will probably come to WWE via FCW and the rest will stay on the indie scene or go to TNA.

I would Love to see Austin Aries back in TNA this guy has star written all over him. He is great in the ring and also very good on the mic. This would be a Great addition for TNA or WWE. Hopefully he signs with TNA.

Necro Butcher definitely would not fit in the WWE so he won't be signing with them and I also don't want him In TNA.

Dark City Fight Club are pretty good power tag team. I would be very interested to see these guys In TNA as they good add to a very impressive Tag Team division.

Really?!? Really?!?

You are right about the money part, but easier schedule?!? I don't think so!

It does. Indy guys are on the road all year. They drive around to work their dates and such. It is not an easy job. I have seen numerous guys talk about life being way harder while they were on the Indy scene.

On to the point... Austin Aries is a great fit for the WWE. He would work his way up through FCW, but still, it'd be a great choice for him. Necro won't go to either, he'll stay on the Indy scene. I just don't think he's ready yet. Also, The Dark City Fight Club will probably go to TNA. The WWE doesn't seem to care about tag teams and TNA likes to have plenty of young tag teams.

Wow, I didn't notice this whatsoever. I heard somebody on youtube mention Aries being gone, but I didn't think it had actually happened yet. Aries is a big loss for ROH. He is consistently great not only in the ring, but one of the few people who can cut an awesome promo at any given time. Sure, he may have been getting a little bit stale, but he was still entertaining. It's going to be hard for ROH to replace Aries.

I always thought Erick Stevens was destined for big things, but it never happened. He got stuck in The Embassy and kind of got lost in the shuffle. He had the size, the look, and was decent enough in the ring, but for some reason he could never manage to break through the glass ceiling.

I'm disappointed by the release of Dark City Fight Club. They are a fantastic mpower team, which is something ROH is in desperate need of. I have a feeling they were Pearce guys and since Pearce is no longer booking ROH, they don't really have a place. Which is a shame because I thought they could have been a nice addition to the tag title ranks.

As for Necro Butcher, good riddance. I've never gotten the appeal of the guy. He has been stale since the first few times I've seen him. but with the release of him, what is going to happen to The Embassy? The two most prominant members of the group are apparently no longer part of the ROH roster.

Do I think any of them have a chance in WWE or TNA? Aries has the best shot, even though he's probably burned some bridges in TNA. He is probably too small to fit the WWE mold, so I think TNA would be the best place for him to return. DCFC would alsop be a good addition to the TNA roster. they are a good tag team and TNA is full of teams they could have awesome matches with. As for Stevens and VButcher, I don't really think they'd fit in with either company.

I think this releasing of talent has to do with Delirious getting booking powers and wanting his guys on the shows. but this leaves a big void of talent. The newly signed young guys are going to have to step up in a big way.

I definitely see Austin Aries going to WWE. When Chris Jericho does retire, I think A Double could easily be a suitable replacement for him as he has an all-around package. If Kaval, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vouch for him, we'll probably see him in the E soon.

The Dark City Fight Club will probably end up in TNA, considering that WWE has proven with the possible splits of the Gatecrashers and the Hart Dynasty that it doesn't care about tag team wrestling. TNA, on the other hand, always seems to be on the lookout for tag teams.

I haven't seen enough of Stevens to have an opinion of him, while Butcher doesn't fit in either TNA or WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back