• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Ring Announcer Bobby Cruise Meets with TNA Officials

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from TNA Insider:

Ring of Honor ring announcer Bobby Cruise has reportedly met with TNA officials for a possible position with the company according to WrestlingInc.com.

Cruise is said to have met with TNA during the New York City tapings and spoke with talent and TNA office members. He was said to have spoken with head writer Dave Lagana and executive vice president John Gaburick. Sources say Cruise’s frustration comes from Ring of Honor using Scarlett Bordeaux as a ring announcer more frequently.

--

Seems TNA are doing a bit of overhaul to the product, between this interview and the Matthew hiring, which is said to have the potential for an on-air announcers role in 2015.

Coupled with the reports about "top contracts" not being renewed due to costs, you really have to wonder if the same applies to both Tenay and Taz?

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.cruise

So I guess I have to address this. On Twitter, I was just sent an article that mentioned me meeting with TNA about a potential position as a ring announcer.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...lusive-roh-talent-and-official-meet-with-tna/

Here's what's true:

I did go by the Impact Wresting TV Tapings in NYC. I was in town that day with Sara Cruise for a Billy Joel concert at MSG. When I saw that TNA would be there at the same time, I contacted Dave Lagana about stopping by to see him & several other old friends & co-workers. So I went by one afternoon & visited for about 45 minutes. I was thrilled to see people I haven't seen for quite a while. The subject of me joining TNA, being a ring announcer for TNA or anything close to that NEVER came up that day or any other day. Where the "writer" (wrestling gossip writer) got the info that I contacted them about a job, I have no idea. I've also, still to this day, never met John Gaburick. So that's the Truth. Must be a slow news day in the wrestling business to have to write garbage about a ring announcer.

Bobby's not going anywhere.

Until TNA get the TV sorted and the financial details are announced, everything should be taken with a pinch (at least) of salt.

A new deal might see another reboot of sorts if some of the higher paid guys don't get their contracts renewed, I think that could extend to Tenay & Tazz as well. Tenay probably won't mind, I'm sure GFW will snap him up asap if it were to happen.

What's the big deal? Look, this isn't diminishing what Bobby Cruise does, but he's a ring announcer, not a free agent wrestler. If he had a sit down with TNA brass, good for him. The focus for TNA is on securing a new TV deal. If Cruise is having a problem with ROH, then he's probably handling it internally. This is really nothing to be overly concerned about. Wonder who this TNA insider is.

Tenay, love him or hate him.. is THE voice of TNA Wrestling. TNA play by play without the Professor would just be another version of a WWE B show Announce crew

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back