• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Loses Manhattan Center?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Recent reports have been coming in that the Manhattan Center has raised it's renting prices a noticeable amount. Apparently the prices are too high for ROH to rent out and break even for events via buyrates and ticket sale gains.

If these are true, that's a damn shame in my book. Though they do have plenty of places to fall back on like the Nashville Fairgrounds, Texas and Philadelphia its a shame that they fall short at such a crucial moment with TNA coming in now and making it their home for the aforementioned future. As TNA seems more interested in product quality rather than sales given the huge sign on Times Square. New York is a tremendous market for wrestling, which is obvious given all the companies that have made their mark there.

Tough break, but that's lower Manhattan right now. Rent is already absolutely insane in that area, and it's spiking up all over the place. It's not just a professional wrestling thing; restaurants are getting squeezed hard, apartment rates are shooting through the roof as they come off of rent-control; Manhattan is an Expensive Fucking Place To Live right now.

The issue isn't that ROH can no longer afford the Manhattan Center; it's that the price point they would have to charge on a ticket to be able to afford the Manhattan Center is beyond what a professional wrestling audience will pay.

Eventually, the app bubble will burst, and real estate speculators will be left dangerously exposed in San Francisco and New York, but we're at *least* a year off of that.

Yep. Sucks for them.
Sure they have other places they can go but the New York fan base is pretty much a given that they're going to be awesome.

Watching Impact the other night was a good example of the fan base and atmosphere that goes along with a place like the Manhattan Center.

While I don't watch ROH very much at all I do have respect for the company and the talent that comes through there. I've been told more than once that ROH live is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back