• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rock/Carlito?

coolcatcena

Dark Match Jobber
People have been saying a lot these days that WWE is telling Carlito to become like the Rock....well i see a lot of great potential in this guy hes good on the mic and in the ring....and people have said that Carlito is slowly showing sign of becoming like him....but for all of you out there...what signs of the rock are you seeing in him? I have not seen any similarities of him and the rock...HELP ME OUT HERE! Your thoughts?

Though he's probably influenced by the The Rock, Carlito is not yet a full fledged ripoff. In fact, Carlito's character is pretty distinct from that of The Rock's. He's a talented dude...but I won't be surprised if McMahon just asks him to try to be exactly like The Rock.

Carlito is you ask me has become a stalement within Raw. They book him with these week angles/storylines that lead to what like a weeks or two worht of matches then it dies out. Put Carlito back onto Smackdown and have him feud with Kennedy. A decent feud too not some crap shoot thing they do. After that give him a good spot on the midcard there and leave him there for another good year or two till guys like Batista have lost their "it" thing and then bring in the guys like Carlito and Kennedy to feud for the main title.

I think that people compare Carlito to The Rock because both have fathers who were pioneers of wrestling and that they both have an "island" type gimmick lol (Carlito being Puerto Rican and the Rock Samoan) mainly.

But we can also compare the two saying they were both fast rising heels, and even faster rising faces, and they both cut awesome (and funny) promos. Carlito is (with Ken Kennedy, Edge, Bobby Lashley, John Cena and CM Punk) the future of what some like to call sports-entertainment, and others pro wrestling.

^^Carlito WILL never be The Rock. There's no explanation necessary. So warn him for SPAM all ya want, but he's right.

Carlito's ring skills have improved, but there's really not a whole lot of depth to him. I thought he and Orton were gonna beef for a while, but that didn't last too long. I predict he'll be a midcarder at least until 08. It's just my opinion.

I think puttin him in a fued with Mr Kennedy wld be awsome. It would be like if done correctly, the fued of the year. I think it would compare to the Rock Austin fued when they were wrestling for the IC title back in 97,98. I also think tht these to r the future of the WWE along with a select few others but these 2 r definently up there. It would also put them both over in a big way by havin a good fued.

If you ask me, I don't think that Carlito acts like The Rock very much at all nor should he. Carlito is getting over just the way he is and if Vince is stupid enough to tell him to try to be more like The Rock, then eventually he will get pissed off and jump to TNA. Carlito is too talented not to have a character all his own. If Vince wants The Rock back then maybe he should make the real Rock an offer that he just can't refuse. WWE has a real bad habit with not utilizing their best talents like Carlito, Matt Hardy, & Shelton Benjamin. But then they will give no talent assclowns like John Cena & Umaga a feud over the WWE title, in a word, it's ******ed. Eventually more and more "wrestlers" (not superstars) will follow in Christian Cage's footsteps and realize that they are better than the WWE makes them out to be, and go elsewhere to shine. I'm telling you, I could go all day about the stupid decisions that Vince McMahon makes. If he would listen to us (the fans) he would probably get better ratings. Like they should have about a year long feud between Carlito & Kennedy.....it would be great!! Or how about this one.....Reunite the Hardy Boyz and The Worlds Greatest Tag Team, and beef up the tag team division also. Little things like that, that wouldn't be hard to pull off are what seperates WWE from TNA. I hate to say it, but if I were a wrestler, I would go to TNA and not give it a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back