Rock Band

Bentallica

Work in progress
One of the funnest multiplayer experiences I've had in a long time. You get your money's worth out of that game when your jammin' with 3 other friends. The game also has a solid set list, with tons of DLC to choose from. As long as you have Xbox Live, this game will never get old fast. Now go ahead and discuss the game that successfully upped the bar of music game greatness.

I haven't gotten the chance to play Rock Band yet, but I want to pick it up. I have all the Guitar Hero games, and play them on a constant basis. I'm good at them, and Rock Band is basically Guitar Hero with more instruments, and more song. So I really want to try it out. I'll probably end up picking it up after I get my Tax Return.

The only thing that's stopping me is the 160USD price tag that you get all the instruments. now that they're putting out the instruments separately I might reconsider getting just the microphone and the bass.

The only thing that's stopping me is the 160USD price tag that you get all the instruments. now that they're putting out the instruments separately I might reconsider getting just the microphone and the bass.

It's worth it, though. Remember, the game alone is $60. That means the instruments are worth $100 total, or $33 a piece basically. If you pick up the new wireless guitar (which also functions as the bass), that's $60 right there. The total package overall is a good deal.

HellBoundPower, definetely pick it up. They've already released a sequel's worth of downloadable songs (if you have Xbox Live, of course) at about a dollar a piece. I personally don't have the cash for them, but consider downloading those as soon as you get the game. That gives you about 130 songs or so right off the bat.

Just bought the game today, and OMG I love this game! I prefer the Guitar Hero Guitar myself, but even more than that I prefer the new one I bought today, the "Rock Evolution" Guitar. It works for PS2, PS3, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc... But enough about that, this game is quite fun, a great party game. For years, my friends wanted me to start Karaokee with them, I never did. Now I will, since ythis is the "cool" karaokee lol

I haven't actually bought the game yet. However when it first came out a games shop near me had it for the oublic to play in store. Me and a couple of friends were there every day.

I was never a big fan of guitar hero, because, well I can't do it. I never understood how to play. But Rock Band is different. I love how you can literally form a band with 3 other friends, and the instruments are yours to choose from. I always wanted to learn how to play drums. But I'm lazy and this was easy.

They also have a wide range of songs to choose from, and this made it even better. No matter who you were playing with you could find a song you all liked.

I've had this game for awhile now. I play it at leat once a day for a couple of minutes. To me it is better than Guitar Hero. The guitar riffs are harder and the songs are better. I have tried to sing and play the guitar at the same time, phew...is that a challenge. The drums are the hardest thing I have ever done. I hate that damn bass pedal. Overall though this game is extremely fun.

I have the Wii, so this game only recently came out for it, but I played it on the 360 before so I was familiar with it. This game is awesome. It's extremely fun and it's great to jam with your friends on some great songs. I will say this though, it's better on the 360 than the Wii. It just seems like they rushed it. They did add 5 songs more than the 360 version.

BTW, the Wii is releasing an expansion pack with 20 songs. Also, Rock Band 2 is coming out, but only for the 360. The song list was released and I think it's an okay list of songs, could of been much better.

I don't know whether it's still planned to release this for the PS3, or whether it's been scrapped in favour of Guitar Hero 4: World Tour, but I'll tell you this: the game kicks ass. I've played it at the Omega Sektor, and it's absolutly amazing as an experience. Just grabbing a couple friends and smacking out a few songs like that. I was the singer, obviously, owing to the fact that I came second in a recent Guitar Hero competition to my friend, who was also in attendance, and thus took up the guitar. Some random guy was on drums, but he was cool. He had an afro. And it's just such a fun experience to do. The three of you working together, trying to produce an awesome performance. Of course, it takes up to 4 people, but the only other guitar in the place was hooked up to Guitar Hero 3. But simply as an experience, a way to kick back with friends and relax, it's a completly awesome game. The technology is amazing, all of you work together during gameplay (with failed musicians having the possiblilty to be brought back by their successful partners) and it's just so much fun to play. It's got songs for everybody, with songs for my kind of taste (When You Were Young by The Killers, Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash, Dani California by RHCP and of course, Enter Sandman) all the way up to some random bloody foreign song. I didn't do that one. I'll be damned if I'm gonna try singing in Norweigan.

Oh, and also, to Monkey: at one point, I did the Guitar and singing at the same time. I kicked When You Were Young's ass. My tip is that it's easy enough to do, as long as you pick a song that you know the lyrics to.

Today, the Rock Band II setlist was released:

1. AC/DC Let There Be Rock 1970s
2. AFI Girl's Gone Grey 2000s
3. Alanis Morissette You Oughta Know 1990s
4. Alice in Chains Man in the Box 1990s
5. Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
6. Avenged Sevenfold Almost Easy 2000s
7. Bad Company Shooting Star 1970s
8. Beastie Boys So Whatcha Want 1990s
9. Beck E-Pro 2000s
10. Bikini Kill Rebel Girl 1990s
11. Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I 1980s
12. Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
13. Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
14. Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
15. Cheap Trick Hello There 1970s
16. Devo Uncontrollable Urge 1980s
17. Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s
18. Disturbed Down with the Sickness 2000s
19. Dream Theater Panic Attack 2000s
20. Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf 1980s
21. Elvis Costello Pump It Up 1970s
22. Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
23. Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s
24. Guns N' Roses Shackler's Revenge 2000s
25. Interpol PDA 2000s
26. Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
27. Jethro Tull Aqualung 1970s
28. Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s
29. Joan Jett Bad Reputation 1980s
30. Journey Anyway You Want It 1970s
31. Judas Priest Painkiller 1990s
32. Kansas Carry On Wayward Son 1970s
33. L7 Pretend We're Dead 1990s
34. Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
35. Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s
36. Lit My Own Worst Enemy 1990s
37. Lush De-Luxe 1990s
38. Mastodon Colony of Birchmen 2000s
39. Megadeth Peace Sells 1980s
40. Metallica Battery 1980s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones Where'd You Go 1990s
42. Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
43. Motorhead Ace of Spades 1980s
44. Nirvana Drain You 1990s
45. Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky 1960s
46. Panic at the Disco Nine in the Afternoon 2000s
47. Paramore That's What You Get 2000s
48. Pearl Jam Alive 1990s
49. Presidents of the USA Lump 1990s
50. Rage Against the Machine Testify 1990s
51. Ratt Round & Round 1980s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away 1990s
53. Rise Against Give it All 2000s
54. Rush The Trees 1970s
55. Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
56. Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
57. Social Distortion I Was Wrong 1990s
58. Sonic Youth Teenage Riot 1980s
59. Soundgarden Spoonman 1990s
60. Squeeze Cool for Cats 1970s
61. Steely Dan Bodhitsattya 1970s
62. Steve Miller Band Rock'n Me 1970s
63. Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s
64. System of a Down Chop Suey 2000s
65. Talking Heads Psycho Killer 1970s
66. Tenacious D Master Exploder 2000s
67. Testament Souls of Black 1990s
68. The Donnas New Kid in School 2000s
69. The Go-Go's We Got the Beat 1980s
70. The Grateful Dead Alabama Getaway 1980s
71. The Guess Who American Woman 1970s
72. The Muffs Kids in America 1990s
73. The Offspring Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated) 1990s
74. The Replacements Alex Chilton 1980s
75. The Who Pinball Wizard 1960s
Bonus Tracks
76. Abnormality Visions 2000s
77. Anarchy Club Get Clean 2000s
78. Bang Camaro Night Lies 2000s
79. Breaking Wheel Shoulder to the Plow 2000s
80. The Libyans Neighborhood 2000s
81. The Main Drag A Jagged Gorgeous Winter 2000s
82. Speck Conventional Lover 2000s
83. The Sterns Supreme Girl 2000s
84. That Handsome Devil Rob the Prez-O-Dent 2000s

Also, Harmonix said that they wanted to put 100 songs on the disc, but they couldn't fit them on the disc. So, to compensate, Harmonix will be releasing 20 downloadable songs...FOR FREE! This, plus RB I's songs and DLC being playable from the start, this game is shaping up to be one of the best this year.

I am so friggin psyched for this set list! The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are phenomenal as well as the Offspring! It's about time we get some old school Offspring.

They also said that the menu system has been modified so that it's harder for your friends to keep going in and out of menus by hitting all the buttons! All you have to do is it start! So if you are mashing the Green and Red buttons it won't randomly kick you through the menus! It's gonna be great!

That game is coming out for all platforms correct, someone said only 360, but it's coming out for PS3 as well right cuz if not I am gonna blow a friggin gasket. I love Rock Band I play it about every other day, only song I can't beat on guitar is Green Grass and High Tides, drums are way fun and I can't sing for shit.

Anyone who knows the answer to my question please answer!!

I heard it was only for the 360, but I could be wrong.

I just bought the Rock Band Track Pack for the Wii yesterday. It has 20 songs on it, but only 5 of them I know. Those 5 songs are (all the small things, buddy holly, interstate love song, move along, and more than a feeling). It was 29.99, but I find it worth it because those songs are fun to play.

rockband (1 and 2) are some of the best games i have ever played in my life, and one of the things i am truly good at! for drums at least, i can play any song except for panic attack. i spent more than $100 for all the DLC i have. SO many songs! i love it, the games are addicting and you never want to stop playing. im not bad at guitar either, sure ill fail every now and again, but i dont specialize in guitar, so i dont really care, i just keep trying. overall, one of the best games ever, and enjoyable no matter what instrument you play.

For me, The Rock Band Games are fun, but I get bored of them quite quickly. Once you go through the playlists, the fun of the games is over for me. I cant be bothered playing them unless there is a good group of people to play them with. Aslo it can be annoying when people fail a lot during a song. For me, I can play the Guitar, Bass, and the Mic with ease, but when it comes to the drums, I am horrid.

Yes! I absolutely love Rock Band 1 and 2 (2 even more so, maybe it's the better setlist, and they absolutely messed up the calibration settings in RB1. It was a nightmare on drums, but it's improved in RB2). I've been playing Guitar Hero for a few years now, so I just got RB1 for the Guitar. It was immense. Then I saved up for the drum kit with it, and since I play drums in real life, I have to say, it is possibly the most fun I've had playing a video game (not to say it's the best game I've played, but the one that's just the most fun to play). Especially drums on Expert on the harder songs, boy do you work up a sweat. It's about the only exercise I get haha. Needless to say, highly recommended.

I'm going to kill the vibe by saying that Rock Band is probably at the top of my "Worst Games Ever Played" List. I don't like the game because the concept is stupid. For the cost of the game and instruments, and honestly, you can't get a true Rock Band experience without the instruments, you could go out and buy the real instruments and learn to play them yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back