Rock and Cena to team at Survivor Series?

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/The_Rock_and_John_Cena_to_Team_Up_at_Survivor_Series.html

Colour me interested. Let's say they each pick a partner for a five on five elimination match (Foley for Rock, Sheamus for Cena) and do a coin flip for the last man. Cena butters up Punk and Punk gets hostile with Rock during the build. Yeah. My fantasy for the last three weeks. Rock/Cena/Punk/Foley/Sheamus vs. Miz/Truth/Christian/Barrett/Rhodes? I dunno. Some interchangeable heel team led by Miz and Truth is the important part of that. Or Triple H, depending on where he goes in the next couple months.

What be the match, homies?

People don't care about Rock's first match in seven years?

But I thought he was a draw!

The only speculation I've seen - apart from yours - is that they're going to have a regular tag match with Awesome Truth. No idea why.

I was excited for Rock's first match in however long when his music hit and he was to come out and wrestle Sheamus. Turned out it was Evan Bourne's music. Go figure.

I didnt see anything about them teaming up, I'll read the article again. I said after Mania that Cenation will take on Team Bring It at Survivor Series, so I'll stick with that for now.

Oh yeah there it is, right at the top. Cena and Rock joining forces.

I think we'll also see team vince v team trips

To be frank I like the idea, and I think It'll revolve around something with Vince, Triple H and probably CM Punk.

Survivor Series may be interesting. I hope WWE don't have The Rock come in and hit a single move though cause that'll suck.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Rock just stood on the apron and did nothing the entire match whilst the rest of Cena's team annihilated their opponents: Team DX style.

I will indulge in Coco's speculation, because it's about a zillion times more interesting than Cena/Rock vs. AwesomeTruth, which sounds all sorts of appalling.

My problem with Coco's fantasy line up is that it doesn't leave anyone on the Raw roster that is at WWE Championship match level yet... unless Rey comes back.

Assuming Rey doesn't come back, the only person on Coco's fantasy team that would need replacing is Punk. I say you can do one of two things. You can either replace Punk with John Morrison (not exactly getting a return in quality there, eh?), or you take out Punk and Sheamus and you put in Air Boom.

The heel team does require some bigger names though. Assuming Delberto is still champ (a horrible thought indeed), Christian will probably have to be the biggest heel name on the team. Assuming Mark Henry isn't champion or still in a title feud, he'd be a great guy to have in the match as he could believably eliminate 3/5 of team Cena/Rock. Miz is a big enough heel to hold some water, and I suppose Truth is doing okay for himself now that he's attached himself to Miz's coat tails. Cody is a phenomenal heel, but I'd rather see him doing his own thing, and therefore I think you should stick Dolph Ziggler on the heel team.

I'd like to see Triple H in the opposition against Rock/ Cena. I'd make him a late signing with him joining the heel team only to take out Punk. That would give the heel team some credibility.

I think a tag match is a horrible idea for his first time back.

Imagine how huge the buildup could be for The Rock vs. CM Punk at MSG

They're dropping the ball if they put The Rock and Cena in a tag match or a traditional elimination match. Lame.

I wouldnt be surprised in the least to see Daniel Bryan on Rock/Cena's team and Sin Cara on the other side, keeps the two fueding for a while longer and gives them an excuse not to pick up a mic

I wouldnt be surprised in the least to see Daniel Bryan on Rock/Cena's team and Sin Cara on the other side, keeps the two fueding for a while longer and gives them an excuse not to pick up a mic

Haha I lol'd at the "gives them an excuse to not pick up a mic" line. That is pretty brutal to watch and listen to.

I will indulge in Coco's speculation, because it's about a zillion times more interesting than Cena/Rock vs. AwesomeTruth, which sounds all sorts of appalling.

My problem with Coco's fantasy line up is that it doesn't leave anyone on the Raw roster that is at WWE Championship match level yet... unless Rey comes back.

Assuming Rey doesn't come back, the only person on Coco's fantasy team that would need replacing is Punk. I say you can do one of two things. You can either replace Punk with John Morrison (not exactly getting a return in quality there, eh?), or you take out Punk and Sheamus and you put in Air Boom.

The heel team does require some bigger names though. Assuming Delberto is still champ (a horrible thought indeed), Christian will probably have to be the biggest heel name on the team. Assuming Mark Henry isn't champion or still in a title feud, he'd be a great guy to have in the match as he could believably eliminate 3/5 of team Cena/Rock. Miz is a big enough heel to hold some water, and I suppose Truth is doing okay for himself now that he's attached himself to Miz's coat tails. Cody is a phenomenal heel, but I'd rather see him doing his own thing, and therefore I think you should stick Dolph Ziggler on the heel team.
Miz's stock is way higher than Christian's and I love Christian.

As for Delberto's title defense, give him JoMo. With Rock, Cena, and Punk selling the show, there's no reason not to play hard and see if we can get JoMo really over one last time. And if that doesn't appeal, I'd say go with Kofi, Riley, or the nuclear option of Lawler.

Punk, Rock, Cena, Sheamus, Foley

Vs.

Trips, Nash, Hall, HBK, Sean Waltman.

Yea, I said it. Hall cant move? Neither can Foley. Fuck it.

Sub in Chris Jericho. Punk has been calling himself the best in the world, etc etc

I'd like to see Triple H in the opposition against Rock/ Cena. I'd make him a late signing with him joining the heel team only to take out Punk. That would give the heel team some credibility.

I think that is a great idea Myriad; not only does it make Helmsley come over like a douche (Hunter has been far too good-guy-esque in this whole thing with Punk, and Punk's come off looking like a dick) but there's opportunity to get a couple of storylines out of one match.

So the Rock and Cena could, say, fight over who gets the final pin in the contest, or they have like a kind of 'finishing move face-off', wherein some guy like Ziggler or something gets owned by Rock doing his move, then Cena doing his move, then Rock doing his move even better than that and so on and so forth.

I'm pretty excited for this.

- As noted before, John Cena and The Rock will be teaming up at November's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view in a 5-on-5 tag team match.

Word is that The Rock and Cena will be teaming with CM Punk, Sheamus and possibly one other Superstar to take on WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, R-Truth and possibly two other Superstars.

Regarding upcoming appearances, The Rock is scheduled for more than one RAW episode going into Survivor Series. Also, it looks like the idea of a Best of 3 Series between The Rock and Cena has been dropped.
Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back