• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rob Conway Released

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
Rob Conway has been officially released by the WWE, according to WWE.com. Not surprised at this one, and are the marks just supposed to forget about Conway's 'firing' on Raw at the start of the year and take this as his release? I don't think they could really have used him to good effect anyway, and La Resistance is basically buried after their one night comeback on ECW, so he couldn't have joined them anyway. He's too old for another major company to pick him up and probably useless as he has zero credibility anyway, so I suspect that he will go on indy tours for a while and wear out his remaining career there.

Hes not that old, he was born in 1974 making him 33 or 34, CM Punk is around that age as well. I liked his Con-Man gimmick that he had for a while after La Resistance, hopefully he goes to that kind of gmmick when he goes into the Indies, I liked his in-ring work, I can see him going with RoH once his no compete clause is up, he can wrestle but WWE brought down his credibility somewhat, but It shouldn't be that hard for him to build it up again in the Indies.

What I meant by old was that not just with age, but that I think his talents in the ring are well past him, because I couldn't find a decent thing in his jobbing for the entire 2 years, and I think that even given a right push, he wouldn't show that much skill anymore anyway. He was a good wrestler when he came in as the 'fan' in La Resistance and could have been pushed well but was basically buried after no one warmed up to him. This is probably the main reason that he was never pushed, that and the fact that his character got blander and blander.

CM Punk I don't think is actually that old, because by the looks of it, he's in his late 20's, and has a lot more longevity than Conway ever did and talent-wise, Conway had nowhere near the potential that he had, so I guess I overstated Conway's age, but still, I think his best years are past him anyway, and the WWE just weren't using him or going to use him, so why keep paying for him?

Look at his Con Man stuff, where he had the winning streak, compared to what he did from when he started his losing streak through to when he was "fired" on Raw, you hardley could get a read on any skill the guy had because of the lack of time on TV. Hopefullt he doesn't become one of those that people call "WWE rejects" in TNA I would rather see him go with RoH because I can see him doing that sort of stuff.

I don't know if he is ROH material. He's just not as athletic as you see in that show, and as for TNA, I don't think he has the character or the credibility that TNA would want so I think he's going as far as the indies, before being forgotten by all. I actually watched much of his losing streak in Heat matches, and although a lot of the matches were against Eugene and Val Venis, he just didn't seem to have a great wrestling skill, even when the matches went beyond the 10 minute mark, and just was a guy that didn't really deserve to get pushed on all fronts. I'm not ruling out a move anywhere like TNA or ROH but I don't think he is their material and is that wanted because if anyone remembers him from his WWE days, no one will care, and really, I'd seen about 3 matches of his before I realised that they were all pretty much duplicates of the last, so I couldn't ever see much talent in his twilight years.

Never really liked Rob Conway, just couldn't get into him at all, so I couldn't give two shits about this release, the only time he did anything worth noteing in WWE was when he joined La Resistance, during their feud with the Dudleyz

Conway was always a jobber to me, WWE never really gave him the chance to develop past that. I don't know how well he'll do in the indy circuit, but I think that he had talent, and could have developed into a descent midcarder if he was given the chance. As far as his age goes, he's still young, and he still as a alot of years left. I figure if he wants to do ROH or go to Japan, I think he has the tools to succeed.

I liked him. But I always thought he would have the Val Venis/Scotty 2 Hotty role ie a solid wrestler who try's to make big green muscle heads look compitent. It's a sham that he's been released I think they really missed the ball with him. He had the talent & charisma.

Nah, he definitely didn't have the charisma. They gave him the ball with a winning streak on Raw, including a big win over a returning Matt Hardy, and he just couldn't get himself over. No boos, no cheers, there was nothing but dead air when Conway was in the ring.

This is why he got released.. there was just no getting him over. It's not that he didn't have enough tv time, etc. He just has zero charisma and there was nothing left for him in WWE.

His winning streak was on Heat. And he never got the oppertunity to cut many promos. You should check out some of his old stuff. Then you will see why WWE missed the boat with him.

I thought he was pretty good. I think if they wanted to they could've made him a very good mid carder. They never really gave him a chance to succeed at all. But unless Vince really likes someone they won't make it far.

He also should have been allowed to be a bit more funny. Some wrestlers have made a career out of being buffoons. He has one distinction in my book. He should go down in history for having the best theme song ever in the history of wrestling. I am NOT kidding. "JUST LOOK AT ME!" LMFAO the first time I heard that. The guy just made me laugh for some reason everytime I saw him. I wish him luck.

man i thought it was just me i always felt that rob conway the wrestler has great talent but rob conway the wwe superstar never was able to show that talent as often as he wanted to and that fucking sucks

I think this news should be translated into Conwai signs with TNA. The reason for this is that Cornette believes that he is one of the best that he has ever seen in the business. Cornette believed that he should be a main eventer. I don't know if Conway has that much ability, but I believe he is good, and Vince just wasted him because he wasn't 6'3, 300 pounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back