Ric Flairs Best Moments

j.beaner

Occasional Pre-Show
flairw.png

The man who basically invented the pro wrestling industry. Arguabley the biggest star in the buisness and has faced every big name there is, (Sting, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Magnum TA, Kurt Angle, ECT.)
I will always remember his retirement as a classic moment. But thats kind of a given. But thats my moment.
The IWC never seems to let me down, and so im sure that u'll provide me plenty of great moments in NWA, Crockett Promotions, WWF, WCW, WWE, and TNA of the Sixteen time heavyweight champion of the world, The Nature Boy. Ric Flair

What is your Favorite Ric Flair Moment?

my favorite Ric Flair moment has 2 be Starrcade '87 against Ronnie Garvin. although I was rooting against him, I feel that the Nature Boy put in work during this match & in the end, he walked out of the cage with the belt.

Clash Of The Champions..April of 89 or 90??
It aired on TBS the same day and went up against a wrestlemania(I think WM6)
Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat had an awesome 2 out of 3 falls match..although it ended in a bit controversy..I remember it going damn near an hour and these guys gave it their all!!

My favorite Flair Moment was the '92 Royal Rumble.

Everything about it from start to finish was awesome!

When Ric came out at #3, I thought Bobby Heenan was gonna have a heart attack!

When Flair calls himself a "60 Minute Man", this is a great example.

There were so many legendary names in that Rumble, too. Dibiase, Davey Boy, Flair, HBK, Jake, Savage, Hulk, Piper, Taker, Snuka, Sid.

Plus, the Promo Ric gave after the Rumble was awesome!!!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVaPb24VJWo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVaPb24VJWo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Now I couldn't possibly have followed his complete career, but I think some of the stuff he did with WWE is some of his more awesome moments.

I liked the time when he was out in the ring, praising Kurt Angle, only to challenge him to a match, show casing them both as great athletes (even for Ric Flair's over 50 years of age).

I really do think that it's hard to choose just one moment of Ric Flair, because he had so many great moments, he had awesome promos both with WCW, NWA, and WWF/E, all stuff that were top notch, but the above mentioned is probably one of my favorite moments.

But if I had to nominate one more, I would say the "Old Yeller" segment with Shawn Michaels, him standing with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, talking about how he wrestled the greatest of the greatest.

Ric Flair has so many great moments in his career that it's actually pretty scary. But my personal favourite is probably after he lost the WWF Championship to Randy Savage at WrestleMania VIII. The promo he cut was simply superb. What he did was very impressive, he came out of a hard fought match, bleeding, having just lost his prized possession and still cut a magnificent promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlBcsC1v8wA

this is a VERY broad question... way too many as i cant choose one

great american bash 1990: i was about 5 years old and a huge sting mark; he beat flair that night for his first title

royal rumble 92: just his performance alone is worth watching as well as heenan's commentary of putting him over as a heel

the horsemen reunite on nitro in sept 1998: just an unbelievable night

his HOF induction speech: there may never be another speech like that ever again

There are so many as others have mentioned. but my most memorable moment for Flair ( and he didn't even appear in it ) was when Bobby Heenan held the NWA title belt on WWF tv and compared the WWF title to it as ice cream and horse manure. It meant that Flair was on his way and I totally marked out for him.
I live in the U.K. and all we had was WWF programming then and I only knew about Flair from magazines such as PWI and was overjoyed to finally witness the legend hoping for a huge feud with Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back