• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ric Flair is a hypocrite

Paradox100

Pre-Show Stalwart
And no, I'm not saying hypocrite in a Chris Jericho voice, i'm saying this from my perspective. Ric Flair always complains and says how Eric Bischoff always said he isn't a legend. That Ric Flair never drew in the wrestling world. How Ric Flair is over rated, and a legend in his own mine. Which is complete BS, and there is no doubt that Ric Flair is one of the best in the world.

But then..... You have Ric Flair who is always bashing Bret "Hitman" Hart. Bret Hart is unarguably one of the best in the world, and has had some of the best matches I've personally ever seen. Ric never gives Bret the respect he deserves. He says how Bret Hart never drew and that ratings always sucked when he was champion of the WWF. How Bret exploited his brother's death. (not really actually.) How Bret wasn't going out having hour long matches with legends. Maybe the ratings were down, because WCW was winning for two years. If you say the world champ is to blame for that, you also have to blame Yokozuna, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. All these men were champs, when ratings were in some kind of a slump But let's say Bret is the only person who was champ during this time, Bret has still had many great matches. Bret Hart overrated? Is that why his career went 13 years before winning a world title? How he took place in one of the best tag teams of all time? Of course Ric, he's overrated.

I don't know if you guys read the article that he recently did, but here's some of what he did:

"He is a legend in his own mind. He lives in his own little world...he screws his own family around. Who is Bret Hart? In my world he is a nobody!"

Actually, he's a legend in most people's mind. Maybe because he's one of the best technical wrestlers of all time. Plus, One of the best wrestlers all together. No offense Ric, you've had great matches, but WOOOOO is still the hottest thing you've done. Oh, I don't have this info on me, but who did he screw around?

"In my world he is a nobody!"

A small and easily said sentence. But then again, in Ric's world, nobody who wrestled his style, wasn't friends with him, and weren't one of the horseman, you were an A-hole. Don't believe me? Go read his book, he hates many people who didn't do much to him.

"He has the nerve to compare himself to me! Let's get realistic. If you put Bret Hart in your left hand and me in your right hand, compare the career...who is he?"

He's Bret Hart, that's who. Ric Flair was the star of the NWA for many years, just like Bret Hart was of the WWF. Is Bret Hart bashing Ric Flair? No. He is saying something realistic.

"I wrestled everybody in the business, for an hour each night. Harley Race, Dory Funk, Jack and Jerry Brisco, who is Bret Hart?

Yea, and you know what, he wrestled the biggest stars of the WWF, and he went for 30 minutes at a time. They were great matches in their own rights, they didn't go as long as yours, that's for sure. But when people look back, they say, "That was a great match."

Now I have a lot of respect for Ric Flair, but he thinks he's the best thing since slice bread. He is no doubt one of the best in the business, but you know who else is? Bret Hart. I read this statement somewhere, and I agree with it 100 percent.

"Ric Flair can go to the ring and wrestle a broom stick, and have a five star match. While Bret Hart can go to the ring and wrestle the same broom, and only get four stars, but make the broom look like Kurt Angle in the process."

Thoughts?

Hart wrestled in WWE which was a far different product than NWA. WWE has ALWAYS been sports-entertainment since VKM has been in charge. NWA was more rasslin. Matches would go 60 minutes all the time. Sports-entertainment had a different goal and catered to a different audience, where 60 minute matches would be boring.

Both are great, but Flair sometimes drinks a bit too much of his own koolaid, I think.

What terrible fucking things to say. Seriously, fuck Flair. I've always wanted to like this guy, but him constantly saying such ******ed shit like that keeps me from being a fan. I don't care how "great" he was in the ring or how many one hour matches he has ever had... the shit that comes out of his hideous mouth about Bret Hart is uncalled for and unprovoked. The dude has no reason to trash Bret, but takes every opportunity to do so. And you know, if you want to trash Bret's in-ring skills, fine, but keep the family mention fucking out of it. What was the point of that, seriously? Besides, if we're going to talk about someone's family, I don't see any of Bret's kids getting arrested for DUI's and possession of cocaine.

Childish, pathetic, and ridiculous is the best way to describe Ric Flair. And that's as a person. As a wrestler, he was good. Overrated, but good. Bret Hart, on the other hand, the ONLY negative thing ANYONE could ever say bad about Bret Hart the human being was that he complained a lot about what happened to him, but you know what? Let what happen to him happen to you and let's see you not complain. Nevertheless, if the only bad thing someone could say about Bret Hart as a person is that he complained a few times in interviews... that's a pretty damn good person, if you ask me. And as a wrestler? Bret's the greatest in-ring technician of all time. Bret had very good mic skills. And Bret had a presence and charisma about him that few have been able to match.

So, yeah... Bret Hart > Ric Flair, in every conceivable fashion. It's not even a debate. Fuck Flair.

And no, I'm not saying hypocrite in a Chris Jericho voice, i'm saying this from my perspective. Ric Flair always complains and says how Eric Bischoff always said he isn't a legend. That Ric Flair never drew in the wrestling world. How Ric Flair is over rated, and a legend in his own mine. Which is complete BS, and there is no doubt that Ric Flair is one of the best in the world.

Flair is known as one of the best in-ring performers undoubtedly. But to be honest, no offense to Flair, but he really wasn't a very big draw. At all. Rarely did he draw anywhere near what a Hogan, Austin, or even someone new like Cena. Can't really blame Flair though, he was at his prime with a company that just didn't have the resources that the WWF at the time did and couldn't ever draw a figure like the WWF was. It's hard to be a big draw when you're smack dab in the middle of Hulkamania. But, nevertheless, Flair has never been a big draw. At least not in the United States.

But then..... You have Ric Flair who is always bashing Bret "Hitman" Hart. Bret Hart is unarguably one of the best in the world, and has had some of the best matches I've personally ever seen. Ric never gives Bret the respect he deserves. He says how Bret Hart never drew and that ratings always sucked when he was champion of the WWF.

...But that's all true. Bret Hart never drew, the ratings during his reigns were among the lowest in WWE history and almost put them out of business. Hart is obviously one of the greatest in-ring performers of all time as well, but he never drew a damn thing.

How Bret exploited his brother's death. (not really actually.)

If anyone exploited Owen's death it was the bookers fault, not Bret's.

How Bret wasn't going out having hour long matches with legends.

Well he did have one.

Maybe the ratings were down, because WCW was winning for two years.

I thought we were talking about his time atop the company though? During his time as the top face of the WWF from 1992-1996, the WWF seriously started to decline in popularity. And you can't excuse that by saying WCW was winning the ratings war, because they were in just bad of shape as the WWF were during the early 90s.

If you say the world champ is to blame for that, you also have to blame Yokozuna, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

...Huh? How did Stone Cold make your list? From the moment Austin first became the World champion the WWF almost instantaneously began winning the ratings war. Austin is one of the biggest draws in the history of pro wrestling, how could you possibly compare his reigns to Hart's?

Look, I don't know why you guys are getting on Flair for telling the truth here. Hart was never a big draw, ever. Flair wasn't either to be fair. Maybe he hates Hart so much because the two of them are actually incredibly similar. They're both known as legends only to wrestling fans for the quality of the matches they wrestled in their career, but neither of them were ever a very big draw. Maybe Flair recognizes this in Hart, and hates him because he doesn't want to admit that the same holds true for himself.

...Huh? How did Stone Cold make your list? From the moment Austin first became the World champion the WWF almost instantaneously began winning the ratings war. Austin is one of the biggest draws in the history of pro wrestling, how could you possibly compare his reigns to Hart's?

I just mean, every champion in the 90's, except for the two year slump, had positive ratings. Some negatives as well. There were barely none during Austin's Reign, but sometimes WCW did better. But this is what I meant by that. That if one week the competition does better in the ratings, you can't blame the champ for them. Bret wasn't the biggest draw in the USA. But in Europe and Canada, the fans loved him.

Fuck OMF "Old Man Flair" No doubt he's in my top 10 of all time but he's just overrated imo. Flair had classics with Steamboat/Race/Dusty/Funk/Sting among others, nothing but the upmost respect for Ric as a Wrestler. But, Ive always liked Bret more, The best technical wrestler in WWE History along with Benoit. I dont get why people shit on Bret when Bret doesent even have to do shit to get it. I think it's all from the Flair kissing The Son In Law's ass and he's basically programed like a robot. I like OMF as far as retro classic promos and matches but he's a fucking dick just like his Daddy 3H.

flair is garbage. i really dont see how people can say he can wrestle a broom & have a 5 star match. i have yet to see a flair match were he didnt do the same damn thing to a T(climbing the turnbuckle/get throw, flip in corner, fall on his face after moonwalking, blah blah blah).his match with steamboat was good only cause steamboat is a beast to this day. and yes ive seen his promos/matches from the 70's-80's & i fail to see anything special other than him almost having a stroke each time. id love to see a match between stu hart & flair, stu would make him his bitch. because you can have a bunch of hour long matches that makes you great? i do give him credit for being able to wrestle after 30+ years but thats about it. i remembering hearing about rick rude walking around punking flair backstage

No offense to Flair he is actually one of my favorite wrestlers of all time but he is the most overrated legend of all time.It's sadly true.He's not the best wrestler in the world like some people think.He is without a doubt on top 10 but never near to Hogan,Austin or Rock.But when someone is talking about him they claim him at number 1 or 2 spot.Even himself accepted that Hulk Hogan is the biggest superstar this business has ever seen.But if he compare him to Hart I don't think either is superior to other.First of all Bret Hart was not that of a big draw too.When he was the top star WWE was getting it's lowest ratings.Even it's not only Hart's fault(steroid scandal etc.) Hart is nothing different than Flair.First of all Flair's pride was on Hulkamania era and it's nearly impossible to draw so much in Hulkamania era with a smaller promotion.The other thing that affected Flair was NWA's wrestling style.It was old school a style whic matches last even 2 hours and people are bored from that style and did not want to see it more.Ric Flair was great in his pride but last 10 years of his career was just a waste of time.He is overrated by WWE too.They gave him a send off that they have given no one in the history and he did what spitted his fans face by ruining that emotional moment.If WWE offers him a job as wrestler he would accept it without a doubt.He thought he could make money without WWE and he failed.I'm again saying I love Flair so much but people treat him the way very above than he should be.

I just mean, every champion in the 90's, except for the two year slump, had positive ratings. Some negatives as well. There were barely none during Austin's Reign, but sometimes WCW did better. But this is what I meant by that. That if one week the competition does better in the ratings, you can't blame the champ for them. Bret wasn't the biggest draw in the USA. But in Europe and Canada, the fans loved him.

Yeah but you also can't really say that ratings were down for only a week or two with Hart as champ. No, the entire WWF was about two steps away from going out of business when Hart was on top. He was an awful draw, always. Shit, guys like Batista are more of a draw than Hart ever was. Sad, but true.

flair is garbage. i really dont see how people can say he can wrestle a broom & have a 5 star match. i have yet to see a flair match were he didnt do the same damn thing to a T(climbing the turnbuckle/get throw, flip in corner, fall on his face after moonwalking, blah blah blah).his match with steamboat was good only cause steamboat is a beast to this day. and yes ive seen his promos/matches from the 70's-80's & i fail to see anything special other than him almost having a stroke each time. id love to see a match between stu hart & flair, stu would make him his bitch. because you can have a bunch of hour long matches that makes you great? i do give him credit for being able to wrestle after 30+ years but thats about it. i remembering hearing about rick rude walking around punking flair backstage

One of the worst posts I've ever seen. Clearly you don't know very much about professional wrestling. Apparently you're also under the impression that wrestling is real. Fail.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen. Clearly you don't know very much about professional wrestling. Apparently you're also under the impression that wrestling is real. Fail.

:lmao: first off ive been watching wrestling since '84, so i like to think i know a little something & have seen many of flairs matches from the '70's-wrestlemania next year cause he cant stay away. are you a flair mark because clearly i struck a nerve with you. to me his promos were nothing special & i always wondered if they had paramedics on standby in case he had a stroke. to me his matches are unwatchable & consist of nothing but knee drops, knife edge chops, & "whhooooooo" to cheap pops. i dont hate flair, im just not a fan by any means but i cant deny his place in wrestling history.hes a legend, albeit a highly overrated legend. its sad to see people think flair is anywhere near the top 5. when was the last time you remember being stoked to watch a flair match, other than his "retirement" match? why does my opinion bother you so much? tell me something, what was flairs career defining moment? to you what was the biggest match/memory of flair? bet you everyone else would rather watch taker/hbk from WM again instead.

:lmao: first off ive been watching wrestling since '84, so i like to think i know a little something & have seen many of flairs matches from the '70's-wrestlemania next year cause he cant stay away. are you a flair mark because clearly i struck a nerve with you. to me his promos were nothing special & i always wondered if they had paramedics on standby in case he had a stroke. to me his matches are unwatchable & consist of nothing but knee drops, knife edge chops, & "whhooooooo" to cheap pops. i dont hate flair, im just not a fan by any means but i cant deny his place in wrestling history.hes a legend, albeit a highly overrated legend. its sad to see people think flair is anywhere near the top 5. when was the last time you remember being stoked to watch a flair match, other than his "retirement" match? why does my opinion bother you so much? tell me something, what was flairs career defining moment? to you what was the biggest match/memory of flair? bet you everyone else would rather watch taker/hbk from WM again instead.

I wouldn't exactaly say that he was that bad... I remember when he and Hogan were the tag champs in the AWA. Flair was ok, not the best, but far from the worst. I'd have to say that he was at the top of his game when he and Rhodes went back and forth. That fued was a good 3-4 years long... I really don't remember, but that was when flair gained the majority of his title reigns, because he and Rhodes would defeat each other for the title. But flair is a was off from the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back