• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ric Flair/Dolph Ziggler

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
There was talk of turning ziggler face at the start of the year, with ric being the manager, well this didn't happen instead ziggler stayed heel and got a aj lee and big e! then winning the whc and losing it very quickly and turning face somehow between all of that ziggler has been lost in the mix! so what wwe started it over again, now since ziggler is face, let ric flair be his manager, then somehow ziggler and flair could have a feud, and it could elevate ziggler back to the main event picture? would you be interested in ziggler/flair working together?

I would, and since he a big Ric Flair guy, I would als0 add the Miz to the mix, Maybe even bring up Charlotte as their valet.

I think they would have give Flair and Ziggler control and be a bit more lenient if it was to work. Ziggler is a stand-up comdedian; Flair is funny guy (especially when drunk and promoting a video game) and both are/were good looking, womanising guys. If it was natural it would come across better but that is very unlikely. It would be entertaining and it would be great to see Ric Flair back on TV but I doubt how far it would get Ziggler.

I suppose it would work for maybe a few months where they could benefit from having Flair back on TV. Moreover, Ziggler could benefit from being around Ric Flair; however, it would only work for a short time span.

I would be interested in seeing it but I seriously doubt if we will see it anytime soon. With the recent event that led to JR's leaving the company I don't see Flair appearing on any WWE programing anytime in the near future.

I would be interested in anything that gets Dolph back to the Main Event/WWE Title/WH Title picture. Enough Big Show already. Enough Del Rio. WAY TOO MUCH Cena.

If it's not Punk on top or DB....then Dolph deserves that spot.

I would, and since he a big Ric Flair guy, I would als0 add the Miz to the mix, Maybe even bring up Charlotte as their valet.

annnnnd there goes the whole thread one comment later, lol. horrible idea. the miz is a complete joke, especially lately. i have NO CLUE why they would have given him the figure four. if they pulled the trigger with flair while ziggler was red hot after wrestlemania it could have pushed ziggler to constant main event status.

It works but only if they go the full hog and bring the Horsemen into the WWE for the first time... Barrett as the Enforcer and potentially Reigns and Rollins (leave Ambrose for Flair?), Kidd and Bourne or Adrian Neville & Cory Graves from NXT. Ziggler "could" play the Flair role, but I could equally see Cody be that "point man" and it would be a very good way to turn Cody back heel or build him as a face by using Dusty's battles with the Horsemen and that the battle is not Rhodes v Horsemen any more but Horsemen v McMahon.

Ziggler could indeed benefit from working with Flair (certainly more than Miz did) but I can't see how it would be a long term solution - it'd be a short term fix to try and solve the Ziggler problem... to me the guy is heading towards being the next "shock" release rather than turning it around and getting the spot he thinks he deserves.

Don't like it. Ric Flair would not help Ziggler at all. Flair is too distracting in the ring and outside the ring. I give you an example, Ziggler tries to cut a promo and fans would be more concerned over Flair and yelling WOO's at the top of their lungs. How would that help Ziggler?

I love the idea, but it will probably never happen.

Ric managing Dolph would bring back memories of Harley Race managing Vader. An outspoken veteran of the golden age of wrestling talking up a young up and comer.

I can picture Ric putting Dolph way over by clashing with Heyman and Axel, or perhaps putting his HOF ring on the line so Dolph can get a title shot.

The only flaw in this idea, in my mind, is that Ric already used his star power to put over The Miz. Ric "passed down" his figure four leg lock to Miz, the promo that featured this was pretty mundane so I don't blame anyone for not noticing it or forgetting it on purpose. Either way, Miz is Ric's chosen one according to canon.

As great an idea as I think it is, it's way beyond the capabilities of the WWE higher ups to recognize the potential in it. Dolph sells tickets on his own, so they're not about to pay Ric to seizure on his behalf.

Ric Flair can't put anyone over these days that isn't named Ric Flair. The guy is still seriously struggling with not being the Man any more and just refuses to lay off the Nature Boy routine when he gets a mic.

It would do nothing for Ziggler, particularly as Ziggler really needs to prove he can go it alone at this stage. I do think Flair could be used to put over Ziggler but it wouldn't be in a way that Ric would like.

I'd have WWE build up an announcement of a new Nature Boy a week prior to the Raw it would happen on. I'd start the show with Ric coming to the ring, doing his shtick and promising the hand picked Nature Boy near the end of the show. Throughout the night I'd build it by showing highlights of Buddy Rogers and Ric's career, have legends like HBK and current guys like Big Show in backstage segments with Flair trying to find out who it is.

Then for Raw's last segment I'd have Flair come out and make the announcement that it's Dolph Ziggler. Give Ziggler the full Nature Boy entrance, have Flair put a custom made robe on him etc. but as soon as that's out of the way I wouldn't let Dolph talk and I'd have him beat the holy hell out of Flair. Really go to town on him with very little of a Flair comeback and have Ziggler destroy the robe before a few of the locker room run out to chase him off an unconscious Flair.

Immediately turns Ziggler back to his natural heel, gives fans a reason to hate him and gives a number of faces a reason to want to get their hands on him in the ring. That's about as well as you can use Flair in my opinion.

If he's gonna manage one guy - make it Wade Barrett... if it's a stable make it the Horsemen... reflecting drop Zig from it... Dust/Cody, Axel or Ambrose and Barrett would be my pick for Horsemen. Axel works as he'd be the 1st son of a Horseman to become one. the Rhodes would have that aura of "historic" due to their dad's battles and Barrett would be a great point man for the group... Flair plays the Dillon role only, not interfering as they get the job done themselves and the group would work face or heel...

People who don't think Flair would be helpful to Ziggler obviously didn't see how much good work he did as a heel manager with AJ Styles and Beer Money in TNA (Before management tanked the angle), plus he was superb as the manager/leader of Evolution, adding but not detracting from Batista and Orton as they were just getting their first big push into the spotlight.

Unlike in the Evolution Days Flair can no longer wrestle regular matches, even on the reduced "Legends" schedule WWE used for him and HBK back then. There were long stretches of time during the Evolution angle however when Flair wasn't wrestling at all and was strictly a manager and mouthpiece which worked just fine.

The only drawback with Flair as a manager is the audience predisposition to cheer him, he was over as a heel with Evolution but outside of that it was almost impossible for WWE to get the audience to cheer against him, Flair turned beloved Mick Foley into a heel with ease and even got significant cheers when he was with Evolution in matches against Shawn Michaels. Still, I could see it working to give Ziggler added attention, especially now with HHH promoting Orton as the "Corporate Chosen Champion", playing on the fact that HHH recruited Flair to be his mentor and manager to take him to the next level, and Orton relied heavily on Flair to kick start his career as well, Flair coming in at Ziggler's behest to help him get over HHH & Friends could set him up either as a rival heel or as an opposing face, depending in how they play it.

Ric Flair would really help Dolph get over. I love Ziggler in the ring, but his promos are missing something, and until he finds what it is, Flair would make a great mouthpiece. His gimmick, much like Miz's may not mesh well with Flair, but it's worth a shot and Ziggler can even learn a few tricks from the dirtiest player in the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back