• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return of Y2J

I have seen lots of people saying jericho will be returning early in 2011 maybe entering the rumble, just wanted to ask why is this? is he not touring with fozzy anymore? isnt he hosting a game show?

I just think alot of people speculate the Royal Rumble as a return time for any wrestler because its happened so many times in the past, and it can be such an effective tool to get somebody back into a program, if a main star is out for even a year, they come back at the Royal Rumble, win and boom that simply is back in the main event and at the top PPV of the year no less. With Jericho however I dont think he even needs to win it. If indeed Jericho is free by Rumble time and the big E wants him to make an impact and at the same time put somebody else over for the main event slot at Mania I could see something happening where Orton (who kayfabe punted jericho thus putting him on the shelf) is found unconscious backstage and is taken out of the rumble and its announced there will be a replacement, and you guessed it, its Y2J. Then during the rumble Orton storms out half conscious and throws jericho out and now you have a mania match set Jericho vs Orton.

I'm very optimistic about Jericho returning. I think it would be great to see him back soon, but if he doesn't come back, that will also be completely understandable. While I love Jericho, and he's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, the man has given us a majority of his life, be it in wrestling, music, or writing, he has sacrificed countless days with is wife and kids, solely for the purpose of our entertainment, so whether he comes back or not is up to him. I do like the idea of Jericho Vs. Orton at WrestleMania though. Myself and some friends have tickets for Mania, and that would be an amazing match to see live. Given the caliber of those two athletes, and with it being on the biggest stage of them all, without a doubt, their match could steal the show. I really like the idea for the Royal Rumble. As for Jericho returning to win the Rumble, I don't think that will happen. A lot of people are thinking that HHH will win it, but while it's possible, aside from Sheamus dominating, HHH eliminating him and winning, and the GM making Mania a triple threat for the WWE Title, I don't see that happening either. However, I definitely could see both HHH AND Jericho returning at the Rumble. As for who I think WILL win the Rumble, I have no idea. Anyway, back to the subject. I don't see Jericho necessarily coming back to WIN the Rumble, but I see him returning as a DEFINITE possibility.

I have seen lots of people saying jericho will be returning early in 2011 maybe entering the rumble, just wanted to ask why is this? is he not touring with fozzy anymore? isnt he hosting a game show?

Jericho is currently doing a few shows with Fozzy, but their schedule is showing to have only 1 scheduled date left. As far as the show goes, I'm pretty sure it got cancelled a long time ago.

I have seen lots of people saying jericho will be returning early in 2011 maybe entering the rumble,
That's just people talking. and hunches, but his new book is coming out in feb(?) so it's a safe guess he will make some sort of return before then to hype up his book.
wanted to ask why is this?
To promote his book and maybe because he wants to return to wrestling.
is he not touring with fozzy anymore?
Not trying to sound like an asshole but you do know that tours don't last forever?
isnt he hosting a game show?
Not that i heard of...?

Specualtion runs abound. Just cause people say it, don't make it true :)
only 2 parties know if and when he's returning. WWE and Chris Jericho.

Oviously there is a chance that he could work around his band schedule and he'll want to plug his book, but they can do that without him being there

BUT!!!!

Fozzy is touring through to January 16th then going into the studio to record there next album following that and touring asia in March and April so there goes any ideas of him coming back soon and participating in Royal Rumble or WrestleMania 27 in any sort of big match :p

and yes Jericho did do some tests at hosting a game show for another network but by accounts WWE wouldn't let him which led to rumours that he was pissed and wanted to leave.
That is speculation though.

depends if hes ganna go touring with fozzy again and all his plans... if he does all that then he will be returning around summer. Maybe some off time and to get pumped up it will be late summer who knows. Hes a workaholic so he can put more things in his dish by then but he said in interviews he still has 5 good years left in him.

I read something in passing maybe last week or early this week about Jericho hosting a game show but that's really all I saw. There weren't any real details about the show at all that I can remember but yeah, it's possible. Jericho went the game show route before not too long ago but it just didn't pan out. It's just one of those outside interests that he's been exploring.

Jericho returning at the Rumble is a possibility. The WWE does like to stage big returns at that event if the opportunity presents itself. Jericho's book comes out if February, so returning to the WWE and plugging his book on Raw could be a nice way to jack up sales. Otherwise, a lot of WWE fans won't even know about it.

I'd be thrilled if Jericho were to return. Quite frankly, I'd love to see him feud with Daniel Bryan upon his return. Bryan's been doing well and looking like a dominant US champ. I know he he hasn't had very much real competition in a while, but at least it keeps him appearing on Raw each week. But he needs a real feud and I think we all know how great a feud with Jericho will be to watch and would be for Bryan's career.

I believe Jericho will be back by Wrestlemania but it doesn't have to be at the Royal Rumble. If or when he does come back, I'd much rather see him go to Smackdown and be a face. I don't exactly trust Edge, Undertaker, and Rey Mysterio to stay healthy throughout the year and Jericho has stayed relatively injury-free his whole career. A face Jericho on Smackdown would be a great fit.

GUYS, THIS IS STUPID. THE MAN IS THE HOST OF ABC'S DOWNFALL! Do you need me to link you to wikipedia?Here you go:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downfall_(game_show) Has no one seen the show but me? Anyway, as a jerichaholic I'd love for him to come back, but if he does I'd love for him to have one more face run. Heel Chris is great, but I like to see the crazy Y2J side of him again. Also, more episodes of downfall will be filmed this fall, so if chris wants to make a comeback it'll have to be in the summer.

thanks for the info guys very helpful. Im a huge jericho fan and i agree he needs to come back he is one the best wwe has!!!!

He is amazing as a heel i would love to see him as a face though. His beefs with HHH making fun of stephanie were classic!

Chris Jericho is slated to return soon (early 2011) due to his tour with Fozzy coming to an end. I just hope they using him unlike the last couple months he was on RAW.

He can do both the game show and wwe. His touring will end soon, and he will probably return at the rumble to set up a match for mania. However, he may want some more time off, so he might stay gone till next summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back