• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Restart the Tag Division

themegapowers

Dark Match Winner
I would like to see the tag division given more stature on TV, but with many people saying that the division is dead, it got me thinking as to how it could be done here is an idea I came up with.

Teams

Rehire the Dudleyz - assuming they are out of contract with TNA
Rehire the New Age Outlaws - Putting the past behind them
Resign Haas and Benjamin - Worlds Greatest Tag team
Reform Cryme Tyme
The Uso's
The Hart Dynasty
Nexus (Freebird Ruling)
Sign James Storm from TNA and reteam him with Harris AMW

There you have it a legitimate tag team division well sort of!

WWE having a great tag division would be amazing, but more than half of your ideas are not even possible.

While I understand my ideas may not be viable at this time, I could see it happening somewhere down the road, with the possible exception of The New Age Outlaws due to the legit heat they have with Trips.

While I understand my ideas may not be viable at this time, I could see it happening somewhere down the road, with the possible exception of The New Age Outlaws due to the legit heat they have with Trips.

Billy Gunn is 46 and Road Dogg is 41, so even without the HHH beef, it still wouldn't happen. Dudleys resigned with TNA, and are coming to the end of their career(s), quickly. James Storm isn't going anywhere without Robert Roode.

While we're at it, they should also restart the Cruiserweights.

To be fair there is enough quality wrestlers to have a crusierwieght division.

Rhodes
Mysterio
Kofi
Dolph
Bryan
Punk
Gabriel
Slater
Bourne
Kidd
Tatsu
Chavo (when he isn't playing Swaggers stupid eagle :wtf:.. but thats another thread)
Kaval

I would love to see a Crusierweight battle between Bryan and Kaval

Hart Dynasty (D.H Smith and Tyson Kid)
the Usos (Jimmy and Jay Uso)
The GateCrashers (Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer)
The DudeBusters (Trent Barretta and Caylen Croft)
Santino/Kozlov
Rhodes/McIntyre

That is all they have at the moment. 6 regular teams. 6, and only two of whom get regular television time.

They've got team like The Hart Dynasty and the Gate Crashers breaking up and giving us ramshackle teams to replace them. And what's worse, they don't have to have this situation. They've got a decent roster at the moment to build out of. Husky Harris and Michael McGuillicutty could form a tag-team (either as Nexus or without it as Genesis), Nexus could provide a duo in the form of Otunga and Slater (which would also add to the tension between Otunga and Barrett), team Joey Mercury and Luke Gallows (as a straight edge team that denounces CM Punk and his arrogance in choosing to control them) not to mention a semi-active pairing of Chavo Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler (ostensibly by Vickie to add more gold around her man's waist and Chavo just being a good nephew) and keeping the Gate Crashers and Hart Dynasty as units while giving Santino/Kozlov and Rhodes/McIntyre tag team names to make their teaming both official and permanant.

There. That's 4 more tag teams to have in the division, at minimal cost, plus the original six.

This is fucking horrible.

WWE barely know how to book "normal" tag team wrestling. The Dudebusters and Archer/Hawkins are a horrible pair of teams and Rhodes/McIntyre was a pointless experiment. And when they do get a potentially great team, they split them up or tease it.

Tag team and Cruiserweights? Let's add a hardcore division to the list of things the WWE wouldn't give two shits about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back