• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resident Evil 6

IT Factor

IT happens!
I dunno about everyone else here, but I'm totally psyched for the release of RE 6 this year. It's scheduled for release in October and it looks to be the best RE game to date. It has 4 different campaign modes, with Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jake[Wesker's son], and even Sherry Birkin[from RE 2, the little girl] making appearances in seperate campaigns. There has even been trailers showing RE alumni Ada Wong in her own seperate mission that ties into the other actual campaigns and missions of her own.

This is kind of a homage to the original RE games with the zombie type of enemies, only with the RE 4/5 smarter capabilities. Thus making the enemies that much harder to defeat and forcing a strategic attack plan. I like this new middleground type of mixture between the old RE games and the newer ones. From what IGN has released in various game trailers, the game itself looks similar to the older games yet stands out as it's own seperate entity with a twist on classic RE puzzles and enemies. It's being reported that each campaign has its own Capcom team doing the work, thus making each campaign uniquely different from each other. For any RE fan, it looks like this game is a must-have addition and I cannot wait for it's release this fall.

Honestly, I had no idea this was coming out until I read this.
The multiple storylines looks really interesting, especially since they have a connection point.
"Adam Benford has decided to officially reveal the truth behind the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident."
About flippin time.
Harder enemies? More fun.
I also love the fact that it brings homage to the first games in the series but is entirely its own game at the same time.
I'm disappointed in myself I didn't know sooner- I am SO ready for it.

If you go to IGN you can see the actual trailers released so far. There are a few of them that get specific about details and you'll be impressed if you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan[like myself]. I've played all the Resident Evil games, even the bad games like RE: Dead Aim and the Outbreak games. I was impressed that they are kind of reverting back to zombies[albeit smarter zombies with more deadly capabilities]. I believe one trailer even mentioned that zombies can use weapons, spit acid, and even trap you in more confined areas. Which basically forces you to strategize on the situation at hand and decide whether to run or fight. This game is being hyped up as the biggest RE game in the franchise and I cannot wait to buy it when it is released in October.

I haven't played a RE game since RE 4, but that game was simply amazing. I have the Gamecube version, and I remember that game was originally released as a GC exclusive. Kinda weird, when you think about it - since Nintendo is usually considered the "kiddie console". Man, I played the SHIT out of that game, I must have gone through it over 50 times by now. The only thing I never did was complete the mercenaries (or whatever that part of the game was called). I know you could unlock the hand cannon by doing that, and I wish it wasn't so damn hard. I got close once, but then my memory card got erased and I gave up completely.

I didn't play RE 5, was that one good as well? I hope RE 6 delivers, I'm thinking about going out to get it the week (if not the night) it comes out. Those games are great, especially to play in the dark. Even playing through RE4 again still has those great jump moments that freak me out. Nothing's scarier than seeing a zombie sprinting at you while you're trying to reload in time to blast him in the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back