• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Some WWE Officials Upset With HOF Inductees & Inductors

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to PWInsider.com, some long time WWE officials aren't happy with some of what happened at this year's HOF induction ceremony. Reportedly, they were upset that Alundra Blayze used some "adult language" in her speech and at Shawn Michaels' use of the terms "strap" and "wrestler" during his induction of Kevin Nash. The report also says that officials weren't happy with Kevin Nash for a few reasons. For one, Nash insisted upon being inducted under his real name so e could take advantage of any additional credibility the HOF might mean to other projects he's got going on. Reportedly, Nash didn't want to allow himself to be celebrated under the Diesel name as "Diesel" was one of the worst drawing WWE Champions of all time. Vince McMahon and several other long-time WWE executives were not happy over the talk about how Nash helped change the wrestling business with guaranteed contracts. The feeling at the time was that WCW was trying to put WWE out of business and because Vince took it personal at the time, Nash's speech brought up a lot of old angry feelings on one of the most special nights of the year.

If any of this is true, I've really just got one thing to say about it: get the fuck over it and stop being so fucking petty.

The HOF ceremony, while part of the big business that is WrestleMania, is also about honoring men & women that've made the industry better as a whole by being part of it. I know that there are some who feel that certain people shouldn't go in, but I'm talking about the HOF as a whole. It's supposed to be their night, it's supposed to be about them and not the already overblown egos of a bunch of corporate executives who've never wrestled, booked a match, worked commentary, been a referee, a ring announcer or really had anything to do with the actual wrestling aspect of the company. As for Vince being pissed, again, get the fuck over yourself. As much as it might be difficult for him to believe, not everything revolves around Vince's ego, not everything is floating around in his own personal universe. Now if one of these inductees went completely off the reservation and just started flat out trashing WWE in their speech, that'd be a different story. But what it's about is Vince got his pwecious wittle fewwings hurt 'cuz that mean ol' Kevin Nash bwought up some painful memowies. :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

I saw this earlier and was very disturbed that it didn't surprise me.

This is one of those instances where you want to shake your head and say "really?". Does ANYONE besides the WWE people care if the words "wrestler" or "strap" are used? I think it was Wade Keller that said "no one watches Raw and the next day asks their friends if they watches sports entertainment last night." Why in the world would I care if those words are said at WRESTLEmania weekend? The same is true of strap, which apparently is only supposed to be "the WWE Championship." Again, why is this supposed to matter?

As for the hurt feelings, I didn't see WWE minding bringing it up when they said THE EXACT SAME THING 19 times a week on that Monday Night Wars "documentary". I put it in quotes because it was far less an educational series as much as it was a WWE propaganda film. Between that and WWE saying they brought Sting up from obscurity, their ego continues to astound me and make me shake my head. Yeah I hear some stuff brought up that bring up painful memories at times. Then five minutes pass and I'm not thinking about them anymore because there's no need to dwell on them like a three year old.

I can imagine Vince didn't like the talk about how Nash was the one who ushered in guaranteed contracts and changed the business. Had it been up to Vince he'd have never offered that type of contract as it was money out of his pocket. He'd have rather kept the model of if you don't work, you don't get paid. Nash and Hall definitely changed things for the better with their own actions and defection to WCW.

Maybe next year the hollywood writers who write their shows will now write the hall of fame speeches too, Takes away from actual honouring the person being inducted if they can't even let someone get inducted without putting limits on their speeches, A hall of fame that has no credibility or credentials other than whoever Vince feels like should go in.

WWE is sounding more and more like the big corporate company I work for. Like all the employees are suppose to walk on fucking egg shells and think twice before you say a word about anything. It makes me sick. Its a hall of fame ceremony...kayfabe is gone, let the wrestlers talk about anything they want as long as they dont disrespect the company they work for. They complain that the ceremony went too long and that it wasnt exciting enough...yet they dont want any unpredictable edgy speeches which makes the HOF show exciting to begin with. Everything is so micro-managed to fucking death there its sickening. Vince and company need to loosen their fuckin neckties and relax. Take in a few drinks and enjoy the night for fucks sake.

This kinds stuff annoys me just like the disrespectful idiots in the crowd. Jericho had a great take on this in his latest podcast I reccommend checking it out...but that's another story..

After reading these reports I was hoping for an April Fools joke but unfortunately it didnt come..

Maybe next year the hollywood writers who write their shows will now write the hall of fame speeches too, Takes away from actual honouring the person being inducted if they can't even let someone get inducted without putting limits on their speeches, A hall of fame that has no credibility or credentials other than whoever Vince feels like should go in.

Oh shit I was just thinking that myself.

I'm afraid for Vince this comes under the heading of "We don't give a rats ass." When the WWE wrestlers are so scripted, it's natural for them to go off when they have a chance. Besides no one said anything that was earth shattering evil or bad.

So someone swore and someone told a few truths about the WWE that McMahon might not have wanted out there. I don't think anyone thought that much of it, well until they made it known they were upset. Now fans who may not have watched the show will run to see what's going on.

The WWE and their stupidity at times would piss off the Good Humour man.

I saw this earlier and was very disturbed that it didn't surprise me.

This is one of those instances where you want to shake your head and say "really?". Does ANYONE besides the WWE people care if the words "wrestler" or "strap" are used? I think it was Wade Keller that said "no one watches Raw and the next day asks their friends if they watches sports entertainment last night." Why in the world would I care if those words are said at WRESTLEmania weekend? The same is true of strap, which apparently is only supposed to be "the WWE Championship." Again, why is this supposed to matter?

As for the hurt feelings, I didn't see WWE minding bringing it up when they said THE EXACT SAME THING 19 times a week on that Monday Night Wars "documentary".

All of which is why I would hope you aren't gullible enough to think any of this is true :lmao: :lmao:

PLEASE. This sounds like IWC "reporting" (witch hunting) at its finest.

Bringing up bad memories? Is that really the best you've got? Laughable.

The HOF running long has become a pretty solid running joke for years now, not to mention, its on the WWE's own fucking network. What are they going to do? Get in trouble for overrun?

The only thing different about this one was that most of the speeches ranged from "pretty good" to "excruciating". I don't really buy any of this. "mildly irritated" with HBK, maybe. Im sure he will take the guilt to his grave.

All of which is why I would hope you aren't gullible enough to think any of this is true :lmao: :lmao:

Bringing up bad memories? Is that really the best you've got? Laughable.

The HOF running long has become a pretty solid running joke for years now, not to mention, its on the WWE's own fucking network. What are they going to do? Get in trouble for overrun?

The only thing different about this one was that most of the speeches ranged from "pretty good" to "excruciating". I don't really buy any of this. "mildly irritated" with HBK, maybe. Im sure he will take the guilt to his grave.

I really, really hope you're right as this would be one of the most pathetic things I've heard of in years. I've been wondering the same thing about the time as well. It's not like this is airing on pay per view anywhere and I'm sure they could find a way to clip out the "offensive" terms on the USA broadcast.

They had the ability to mute whatever word they found offensive for those who watched after. I didn't watch it live, so I don't know if WWF was muted on tape delay. But they did it a bunch of times.

If they did that, they could have eliminated a bunch of other words. The only word Blayze said was bitch. And now they say it on RAW almost every week.

Like NorCal said, I doubt it's true. It's on their own network. Not to mention Hall of Fames aren't supposed to be this huge party atmosphere.

They loved Luke and Butch's ramblings, yet hated Blayze's truthful, inspirational (husband) and authentic talk about the business?

Plus she talked about and even had the women's title. That would have upset officials more than talk about contracts.

I don't believe any of it. It's after Wrestlemania season, so there isn't much else to talk about. It's easy to fabricate on mole hills in this industry.

If they are truly worried about the Hall of Fame running long what they should do is put it on the Friday night, let the wrestlers get an early night prior to Mania.

I can believe that certain members of the WWE were mildly annoyed at some of the things that were said. Because lets face it Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon aren't exactly the most calm people (if people that talk about them are to be believed)

But the only controversy that I can think of is the fact that Scott Steiner is on WWEs do not let enter list. It will be interesting to see how the guys that Triple H has pissed off over the years get in the HoF

Report: Some officials are somewhat upset toward some of what was said during some of the WWE Hall of Fame according to some reports!

I'M MAD AS HELL!! AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!

Vince McMahon, you need to stop getting angry all the time!

Vince got his pwecious wittle fewwings hurt 'cuz that mean ol' Kevin Nash bwought up some painful memowies.

I KNOW!! I KNOW!! I FUCKING KNOW THAT!! DO YOU THINK I CAN'T READ!? YOU KNOW WHAT I'M NOT THINKING!? YOU'RE IN MY HEAD!?

Phooey!

I say we all band together and put a hurt on Vince for being such a ragamuffin. The only way to combat bad vibes is to amplify them exponentially and utilize the almighty power of fire. Volcanos will literally explode, holy hell will rain down from heaven, we will cause Andromeda to collide with the Milky fucking Way! TETRAGRAMMATON!!

Yeah I agree 100%, there's no way any of this is true.

PWInsider is the same website that "reported" that WWE Officials were upset over Max Landis' 'Wrestling isn't Wrestling' video, and the director immediately called them out on that, saying they were misinformed. And then it was confirmed it was bullshit when a few days later HHH tweeted the director, giving him props. WWE even invited Landis to the next Raw.

The only thing I would buy is them maybe bitching a little bit about Madusa's language, but, uh, isn't WWE Network promoting "Mature Content" at the moment? So even that doesn't necessarily make sense either.

The feeling at the time was that WCW was trying to put WWE out of business and because Vince took it personal at the time, Nash's speech brought up a lot of old angry feelings on one of the most special nights of the year.

Yes, and Kevin Nash was instrumental in that effort by WCW, wasn't he? One of the problems with "taking over" another sports entertainment company that was working directly to destroy yours is that stuff like this might come up......especially in the person of someone like Kevin Nash, whom I still get the image of him kissing his reflection in the mirror every morning. He's going to say what he wants.....and for some reason, he has the power to do so. After all, he wouldn't allow himself to be inducted as Diesel, yet I would think Madusa would have preferred to go in under that name than Alundra Blayze, no? What, didn't she have as much say as Nash?

I didn't watch it live, so I don't know if WWF was muted on tape delay.

Even "live" they could've bleeped whatever they wanted. As I watched, the closed-captioning was running concurrent with the dialogue spoken..... yet, no one can transcribe from the spoken word to CC that quickly; what we saw on our screens was a few seconds behind the actual feed.

Well, as Eddy Guerrero once said to Kurt Angle, "Whoopty Ding Dong"

The Hall of Fame (to the contrary of what he may think) isn't about Vince and the WWE. It's about the inductees.

If the talk about WWF, that's what it was at the time. If they talk about Bishoff giving they them a break, so what, he did. The garunteed contracts are an important part of history.

One last thing. Calling themselves wrestlers. Hey Vince, WWE stands for World WRESTLING entertainment, and your top event isn't called Sports Entertainment Mania.

I really, really hope you're right as this would be one of the most pathetic things I've heard of in years. I've been wondering the same thing about the time as well. It's not like this is airing on pay per view anywhere and I'm sure they could find a way to clip out the "offensive" terms on the USA broadcast.

They still have to rent out the building, & I'm sure when they do so the contract says they need to be out of there by a certain time or pay union overtime dues, which from what I understand is a lot of fucking money.

As for the rest of this I just laughed, even if any of it's true what are the gonna do, just about everyone that gets inducted is retired, or is about to retire, so what do they got to lose by annoying Vince? I don't think they're gonna have people writing speeches fo the inductees either, & even if they did what's to stop them from just throwing out the speech WWE gave them to read & just reading their own anyway? What's WWE gonna do? cut the mic, & make themselves look like even bigger assholes but not allowing someone they're inducting in the HoF have their moment. As long as the speeches don't bury WWE, which none of them have to this point, I can't see any reason why Vince would be upset. Maybe he & other "top WWE officials" gets mildly annoyed with some stuff but I imagine they're so busy with the other 97689978 things on their plate that weekend that they don't dwell on any of it for too long.

I swear they do a story about this every year. Every year at the hall of fame somebody says or does something at the hall of fame that people aren't happy with. Whether it's because of a word the weren't supposed to use. Or the speech went on too long or they sounded like they were drunk or whatever. Every year someone posts a story like this and to be honest, it's such a non issue. I mean even if the reports are true; so what? Is anything going to happen? Are Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels going to be banned from the WWE from now on? Will they no longer be friends with HHH? Of course not. I actually feel bad for the person who was in charge of writing the original story/report.

That's one thing that I've always liked about both Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash - they were ALWAYS going to speak what's on their mind. They don't care who they piss off backstage, even if it's Vince (maybe especially if it's Vince?). They're not going to play into the sports entertainment, superstars BS. They will call it wrestling, the belt, etc. They've never been afraid to say whatever they want no matter how much trouble they get in, and it's refreshing to hear. I'd be terrified about 10 years from now when they're inducting Sheamus etc, and Vince's writers are literally writing their speeches just like they did with their promos.

I don't know whats worse, that the report was made or that it might be true... for a start let's get it out there...

NASH DIDN'T BRING UP THE FUCKING CONTRACTS...SHAWN DID!

He made a BIG point of saying how pissed off people were going to be with what was coming and went ahead anyway. Whether you think Kev is "untouchable" you know Shawn is... so he did the "damage" by raising contracts in the intro... Randy made a big poo poo face on camera as he did, you could tell it was legit a touchy subject...

But this is also Kevin Nash, the guy who legit DID all this stuff, jumped ship etc... not for opportunity, but for Dollar.. It would be offensive and insulting for any other line to be taken in his HOF induction and he knew it, Shawn knew it... Razor "got the offer" he "tagged along" so he's not fooling anyone with a WWE written "happy happy" version of events... especially as they are touting it on their network.

The real story here is that Vince NEVER wanted Randy Savage in the HOF... for Nash and Madusa to be there as well on the same night set him off wrong in the moment... It probably would do... two guys and one girl you feel you "made" who both fucked you over (or your daughter) getting honored together... NO WAY was this gonna be a happy night for Vince regardless of whatever anyone said.

As sad as it sounds there was a real "garbage" element to the HOF this year... If Vince is allowing Savage in, he may as well have let Nash and Madusa in so the pain is over one night... From Nash and Madusa's perspective, they got little to lose... Nash was persona non grata just 2 months ago remember cos he shock horror defended his wife against a pissed up son. That moment Nash crumpled over his wife in the speech, THAT is probably what upset Vince... cos he realised in that moment that not only had he overreacted but made a twat of the company and caused any "receipt" Nash chose to make during his speech. At the end of the day IT'S KEVIN FUCKING NASH... He was ALWAYS gonna upset people in his speech... if it's just Vince then he shouldn't have been a cheap bastard back in 94-96... That's the real truth!

Madusa didn't swear much, she used "pissed off", wow... but the reality is it was a chance do get much of the "dirty laundry" done in the same night, Savage, Nash, Madusa...

Sheamus ain't getting near the HOF for A LONG time... by then Vince will be dead and WWE will have flip-flopped 3 more times between reality and script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back