• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: John Cena To Miss Post Battleground Raw

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The main page and some other sites are reporting that John Cena won't be in attendance for Raw this Monday because he has to be on set for the movie "Trainwreck", to shoot some scenes I'm guessing. As a result, this has led to speculation that Cena might drop the championship at Battleground, though nothing's confirmed. Some feel that WWE should simply go ahead and "pull the trigger" on Roman Reigns' push and to put the title on him Sunday.

It's extremely rare for the WWE Champion not to be on Raw, even rarer to not be on a post ppv episode, so maybe Cena will wind up dropping the strap. Personally, I'm not so certain that Roman Reigns is ready for it. He's done a good job on his own thus far, but I can't say that he's flat out wowed me, not by a long shot.

However, if WWE is hoping for a big time match to encourage subscriptions to the WWE Network, then Cena vs. Lesnar for the title would be ideal way to go right now. Reigns is pretty over, but I'm not so certain he's shown to be a draw yet. Hell, he's not really had the time as he's only been on his own for just over a month. If the plan is for Lesnar to win the title at SummerSlam, then I don't see Cena dropping it tomorrow night. He might miss this week's television tapings, but I think he'll still keep the title because Vince is going to want a proven big draw for the main event at SummerSlam and, as of right now, I don't think Roman Reigns is it.

Does this mean they're holding off on the Lesnar return? I honestly don't think this would mean that Cena is dropping the belt, but I feel they might push Lesnar's return back

I very much doubt he's going to drop the title in the Fatal 4 Way match, especially to Reigns. I mean, these reports are from the same websites that are telling us all about how Reigns is a shoe-in to win his first WWE title at Wrestlemania from Lesnar or someone.

Either Cena wins, gets hurt by Kane and/or Orton, and then Rollins cashes in, or Cena wins, Lesnar shows up, then destroys the champion. I'm pretty sure it's the latter. But both of those scenarios would write Cena off for a week, and wouldn't require WWE pulling the trigger too early on the new golden boy.

I think this could be an indicator of Brock showing up at Battleground on Sunday. If he appeared after the fatal four way main event and battered the piss out of Cena, it would easily write the champion off television for a week. If WWE are going to build Cena vs Lesnar at the next pay-per-view, it'd be best to do it as soon as possible, and make it obvious that Brock is indeed going for the title.

If the plan is for Cena to drop the WWE WHC tomorrow night, then I don't see the point of having Cena win the title at MITB. With Brayn out, maybe WWE saw an opportunity to pad Cena's world title count, but in the grand scheme of things, having Cena win the WWE WHC and drop the title at the next pay per view is pointless and a waste of win and a "run" with the titles in the grand scheme of things.

And Roman Reigns is not ready for Brock Lesnar yet. Reigns is still building a path on his own with his solo career, but a decisive loss to Brock Lesnar at Summerslam would kill his momentum now. On the other hand, Brock can't lose his first match after Wrestlemania XXX to Reigns, because he's not on Lesnar's level yet, and Lesnar doesn't gain anything from beating Reigns. Maybe you hold off on Reigns VS Lesnar until 2015, but now? A loss for both men will do more harm than good.

As far as Cena missing Raw on Monday goes, it feels strange. By now everyone knows Lesnar has to be Plan C, and you have to believe people are hoping for a face to face confrontation with Lesnar and Cena. If Cena doesn't show, then I can picture Heyman (with Lesnar at his side) laying down the challenge for a WWE WHC match at Summerslam, and Cena accepts the following week on Raw.

Its one RAW following a B Show Super Event. It would be crazy for the E to altar any major plans going forward just for a twenty four hour period. What I find funny about the report is the "panic" over one RAW when for weeks we've read reports about Brock, a major part timer possibly holding the title until WM.

When it comes to RAW they'll likely do a pre recorded Cena promo with Brock live. The better option for the Network would involve working a deal with Brock having him show up to close Battleground by beating the shit out of Cena. The next night, Heyman and Brock are out running their mouths while demaning a title shot. They could really juice this week's RAW up by teasing Reign vs. Brock on the show. Of course it doesn't happen as H or Orton get invovled. We now have the set up for Summer Slam's two marquee matches.

With Cena not being there, I feel like they're gonna feed Mark Henry to Brock again. I honestly hope they don't, but I feel like they probably will. Feed someone else. Someone like Ryback, Big E, (didn't he challenge Lesnar after he first attacked Henry?) and maybe even Kane. Every time Lesnar appears, he should at least do something physical.

Surely Lesnar is going to come out after the match at Battleground and "injure" Cena, that being the kayfabe reason that Cena isn't on Raw rather than that he will drop the title? No way are they going to change their plans for a Cena v Lesnar match at SummerSlam.

Can see Rollins also getting "injured" earlier on in the night, that being the reason that he is unable to cash in for "plan B", making HHH resort to "plan C" on the night.

WWE will cover for him missing Raw by having Lesnar destroy Cena at Battleground. Seems obvious.

And no Cena. What a bonus. WWE are a better promotion when he's away.

They could have Cena face Brock in an impromptu title match after the Fatal 4 Way (think Batista facing Cena after the Elimination Chamber). Brock wins the title, beats Cena up, and they announce Cena is out of action. But on the following week's Raw, Cena comes back way ahead of schedule ( :gasp: ) and challenges Brock to a rematch at SummerSlam!!

I don't think they should have Lesnar actually appear at Battleground. It's a blatant waste of a PPV appearance. Just have Lesnar come out on Raw the next night and ACTUALLY get the mic and challenge Cena. Orton or Reigns could come out all pissed off and mention that Lesnar hasn't been around since WrestleMania and wants to fight Lesnar that night. That sets up a match on Raw that ends up not happening due to interferences.

BORK lesnar will return at battle ground and decimate John Cena after Cena destroys Kane orton and roman reigns with one hand and blindfolded. Bork will give Cena a concussion so bad that Cena will miss Monday Night Raw. OBVIOUSLY!!

They aren't going to set up an impromptu title match when Cena wins especially after all the stuff that got leaked somehow. First, it's unadvertised. Second, it wastes a PPV match. And third, there's no reason for it. Just say that The Authority gave him the night off.

Who knows what the WWE is planning to do tomorrow.. I agree having Cena win the title at MITB only to drop it,a month later would make no sense.. It makes sense in the grand schemes of things only to pad his title count.. If Lesnar shows up tomorrow destroys Cena,and maybe Roman makes the save.. We only are reading reports of Lesnar winning the title at Summerslam..

Whos to say,he wont face Roman at Summerslam.. I think Roman is ready for Brock,maybe not ready for a title run,but i think hes ready for Brock.. Plus whos to say Brock doesnt win the title on a Monday Night Raw. Yes 95% of the time titles get won,and lost on PPVs. But there still is a slight chance!

Maybe Roman will face Brock at Summerslam for the WWE WHC!

I think they should have Lesnar appear, I mean shit we haven't seen the guy in the last 3 months, and it's ridiculous to have him stride out at Summerslam and win the titles. There has to be some sort of a build to Lesnar/Cena and the best place to start is at Battleground.

Cena not showing up on RAW, that's fantastic, gives me more reason to watch really. Fully agree with someone earlier who said, WWE programming is better when he's not on.

If Lesnar shows up on PPV, you have to promote it. Simple.

If you can't do that, no reason for it to happen. Accept facts. We won't see Lesnar until Raw the next night

Cena overcomes the odds (again), and then gets beat down by various Authority members. "Not medically cleared to compete tonight on Raw". That's the way I could see it going down anyway. Even as a Reigns mark, I feel it's too early for him. I'd rather they waited and give him his Wrestlemania moment against Lesnar, or The Rock.

All I know is if Brock makes a surprise return and beats down Cena after he retains at Battleground, I'm going to mark out so hard.

Whatever happens, I just think it really stinks anytime the World Champion isn't on the main show. Sometimes it's unavoidable in the case of an injury but if Cena can't be on the show, he just shouldn't be Champion. Same went for The Rock last year, and same goes for Brock Lesnar if he gets his run with the Title. And I'm actually really excited about a Lesnar reign.

John Cena a transitional champion? Nah.

It's not like the WWE's been without their WWE champion on Raw for an extended period of time. Remember Rock's title reign where we forgot the WWE title existed? Missing one Raw doesn't automatically mean Cena will drop the belt. And at this point, there's really no other person suited to carry the title. Orton's old news, Kane ...wait DEMON Kane doesn't make sense as his goal is to help Orton win it. And Roman Reigns needs more of a chase to make his first title reign (no pun intended) special.

It'll look more special if Reigns takes out someone like Lesnar as opposed to Cena. Also, winning a title in a Fatal Four Way can cause a lot of questions kayfabe wise, such as how the win took place, interference, circumstances, etc. Best way for Reigns to win his first WWE title would be in a one-on-one situation.

But I don't think Cena will drop the belt tonight because he's leaving to film a movie. Didn't stop Rock from keeping the belt while he was gone.

I'm pretty sure Cena can miss one night and the WWE won't implode. Really they can just shoot a video to air on the Titantron if they're worried about people being upset that the champion isn't there. If Cena even retains the title.

I'm sure there will be a few people sad that he isn't there but I doubt the majority will even care. It's wrestling. Sometimes people don't make the show for whatever reason. The few upset people might be disappointed for a couple hours and then get over it.

Cena will live to fight another day.

Let's not make mountain out of molehills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back