• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: James Storm Hasn't Signed With WWE Yet, TNA Makes Sizeable Offer

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com, despite working last night’s WWE NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University, James Storm has yet to sign a full-time contract with WWE.

Additionally, the report notes TNA wants Storm to re-sign with the company, and last week made him a sizable money offer which remains on the table.

WWE offered Storm a ticket to visit backstage at NXT Takeover Respect to further discuss Storm working with WWE and NXT. WWE reportedly wants Storm to sign a deal similar to that of Samoa Joe, but as of last night, Storm has yet to sign full-time with the company.

TNA reportedly reached out to Storm yesterday morning, when news broke that he was backstage at Full Sail for the NXT tapings, and made him an even bigger money offer, but apparently Storm is still weighing out his options.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/628733-news-on-james-storms-nxt-status

--

Much as I love Storm, I can't imagine a return to TNA is what's best for him. Certainly not with where he left off (though I'll at least credit TNA with actually blowing up The Revolution and putting a finite end to it before he left), where things are with them contractually with television, etc.

NXT seems to be the place to be right now, especially if you are looking to impress WWE enough for a full-time contract and main roster spot.

I can't fault TNA for trying, but in this case, it's probably for gesture, or maybe to help him along with negotiations. He really ought to be WWE bound.

I don't see it happen either. James Storm is most likely WWE bound and that's the best decision for him career-wise, specially if he wants to get that coach role that has been reported. Unfortunately that's a big loss for TNA, but it's their damn fault. Management has been awful for more than a year, ence why TNA is at their lowest ever as far as status goes (and at some extent quality, really).

I loved Storm as the leader of Revolution, but somehow TNA never did capitalize on that. In the beginning of the year he was involved in the tag team division and he never really got any bigger than that. He could've wrestled a babyface Lashley or Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship, and if he didn't grab the gold, at least his character would've had the exposure it actually deserved. Creatively speaking, he could've more freedom in TNA to actually showcase his talents, but if he indeed (most likely) goes to NXT, I am pretty sure that he will not disappoint. He's a good wrestler all around and he can make it work with that Full Sail crowd, and if WWE sees fit (I don't know about that) he can have a small run on the main roster to help develop some young cats.

If he did indeed made a return to TNA (he won't) I would like to see him and Lashley in a feud, with Bobby Roode getting involved with the King of The Mountain Championship. At least while there's no World Champion.

Another huge loss for TNA, Can't blame him for going to WWE though but was always kind of hopeful to see a Beer Money reunion at some point, Just hope WWE uses him right once he gets to the main roster as in my opinion he was one of if not the best homegrown talent to come out of TNA.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/628733-news-on-james-storms-nxt-status

--

Much as I love Storm, I can't imagine a return to TNA is what's best for him. Certainly not with where he left off (though I'll at least credit TNA with actually blowing up The Revolution and putting a finite end to it before he left), where things are with them contractually with television, etc.

NXT seems to be the place to be right now, especially if you are looking to impress WWE enough for a full-time contract and main roster spot.

I can't fault TNA for trying, but in this case, it's probably for gesture, or maybe to help him along with negotiations. He really ought to be WWE bound.

Yea much as I like Storm he was going in circles in TNA. He needs a new venture, a new challenge at a new place where he would be able to to be seen with another set of eyes that are different from TNA bookers.

Also I feel like he needs to get in better shape and that won't happen if he stays in TNA.

Storm is done in TNA. Unless Dixie offers him Lesnar-type money, Storm is a fool to go back. He is not getting any younger, and TNA is just not a stable company right at the moment. NXT offers him a decent schedule and a chance to coach. Unless he is opening up his own school, his best bet is NXT.

Samoa Joe vs Kevin Owens vs James Storm, hell, sign AJ Styles and make it a ladder match for the intercontinental title at mania.

I am loving this it is the closest we will get now to people jumping ship.

always liked james storm from his days in amw to beer money great talent

wwe could make there own beer money team just bring dibasi jnr

The fact that Storm is even in talks with WWE and has appeared at more than a few shows backstage now, kind of tells me where his mindset is. I highly doubt he'll be going back to TNA after feeling the electricity of NXT. WWE may use it as a marketing ploy, but it's kind of the truth; everybody wants to be a part of NXT nowadays and I don't see Storm passing up that chance, not unless he gets a ton of money from Dixie.

The question remains whether they'll even force him to sign a deal. Ciampa and Gargano both worked for a few weeks without deals and are still running around the indies if I'm not mistaken? I guess it's possible that Storm gets the same deal. However, I see Storm going the full-time route like Samoa Joe. I don't think he'll want to be traveling around the world touring the indies at his current age, and to really get a chance in NXT he'll have to sign with WWE.

Sorry about TNA's damn luck, but Storm would be a fool to go back to TNA at this point. The money that TNA is willing to pay him might be more than he would get from WWE/NXT at this point, but I can't imagine he wouldn't want the opportunity to work for WWE (or at least NXT). I'd have to imagine it's just about every pro-wrestler's dream to work for Vince (although there are some exceptions, of course), and Storm is no spring chicken. It's pretty much now or never for him to be a WWE "superstar"...it's not like they'd bring him in when he's Sting's age.

I appreciate Storm "doing the right thing" by letting Shera pin him in his final match for the company (presumably), even if Shera did it with help from Abyss & Manik. Like IDR said, kudos to TNA for being on top of the storyline as well - and making sure The Revolution got it's proper "death"...even if it was only on Impact, as opposed to BFG.

If Storm were to come back to TNA (which I believe is unlikely at this time), they'd have to not only promise him more money - but a better storyline as well. The Revolution was interesting, but it didn't utilize Storm in a way that really helped him climb the card. If I were in Storm's shoes, I'd have to be promised a more prominent role if I was even to entertain a TNA return (more main event type matches at the very least, if not actually getting the WHC again).

Will Storm be able to use the beer bottle at NXT/WWE? I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty confident that "PG Storm" won't be too much of a drastic departure from his TNA character. The word "damn" is still technically PG (so his catchphrase could stay the same), and Stone Cold is allowed to drink beer every time he comes back - so Storm could very well be the exact same character for all I know. I'm curious to see if he changes his moveset at all, especially his finisher(s)/signature moves - because he's got a few of 'em (Eye of the Storm, Last Call, Back Cracker/Code Breaker, etc). I wonder if they'll try to pair him with Joe. That could be interesting, even though Joe and Storm hardly have any history from their time together in TNA - at least not that I can remember.

Storm signed with WWL in Puerto Rico right after he left TNA for a 6 month deal. That's also another option. It has less work dates than NXT. If that promotion is capable of paying as much as NXT, it may be a long time option. It's a promotion that's growing and if Storm is looking to be a trainer, this is a place where he would have massive influence.

Its wishful thinking that he'd stay here, but its worth a shot.

With the constantly surfacing issues of payments being late and general instability of the company I think he should jump for even a decent offer by WWE. Maybe he likes it at TNA but if they go under that new contract is worthless. And he has to remember that if he turns WWE down the chance most likely won't come again or probably for less if he's looking for a job.

Sorry about TNA's damn luck, but Storm would be a fool to go back to TNA at this point. The money that TNA is willing to pay him might be more than he would get from WWE/NXT at this point, but I can't imagine he wouldn't want the opportunity to work for WWE (or at least NXT). I'd have to imagine it's just about every pro-wrestler's dream to work for Vince (although there are some exceptions, of course), and Storm is no spring chicken. It's pretty much now or never for him to be a WWE "superstar"...it's not like they'd bring him in when he's Sting's age.

I appreciate Storm "doing the right thing" by letting Shera pin him in his final match for the company (presumably), even if Shera did it with help from Abyss & Manik. Like IDR said, kudos to TNA for being on top of the storyline as well - and making sure The Revolution got it's proper "death"...even if it was only on Impact, as opposed to BFG.

If Storm were to come back to TNA (which I believe is unlikely at this time), they'd have to not only promise him more money - but a better storyline as well. The Revolution was interesting, but it didn't utilize Storm in a way that really helped him climb the card. If I were in Storm's shoes, I'd have to be promised a more prominent role if I was even to entertain a TNA return (more main event type matches at the very least, if not actually getting the WHC again).

Will Storm be able to use the beer bottle at NXT/WWE? I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty confident that "PG Storm" won't be too much of a drastic departure from his TNA character. The word "damn" is still technically PG (so his catchphrase could stay the same), and Stone Cold is allowed to drink beer every time he comes back - so Storm could very well be the exact same character for all I know. I'm curious to see if he changes his moveset at all, especially his finisher(s)/signature moves - because he's got a few of 'em (Eye of the Storm, Last Call, Back Cracker/Code Breaker, etc). I wonder if they'll try to pair him with Joe. That could be interesting, even though Joe and Storm hardly have any history from their time together in TNA - at least not that I can remember.

If I were him, I would ask for the moon to see what the answer would be. Like be the most paid guy, have creative control, hire his own creative team. And have the title for a long run.

I know that creatively-speaking, Storm said he wanted one last run with Roode as a team. And his idea of the Revolution was much more different than what we got. For example, he wanted Gunner and Crimson and Eric Young in his group.

As noted, despite James Storm making his WWE NXT debut at last week’s TV tapings, there is still a sizable money offer on the table for Storm to re-sign with TNA.

According to PWInsider.com, TNA wants Storm for its upcoming tour of India to help put over Mahabali Shera. Shera will be one of the focal points during TNA’s tour of India, as pushing Shera is part of TNA’s agreement with Sony SIX. James Storm recently had a feud with Shera and TNA wanted that to continue on the India tour.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/629...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

Makes sense, but again, if you're Storm, why come back for that? Not that he's above putting over Shera, but to turn down an NXT/WWE offer, a whole new world of talent to work with (as well as a few familiar faces) and a potential foot in the door to the WWE main roster to do so? Makes no sense.

Makes sense, but again, if you're Storm, why come back for that? Not that he's above putting over Shera, but to turn down an NXT/WWE offer, a whole new world of talent to work with (as well as a few familiar faces) and a potential foot in the door to the WWE main roster to do so? Makes no sense.

Agreed. It makes sense for TNA to want him back, but not vice versa. It seems that TNA kind of painted themselves into a corner creatively with Shera, because he currently doesn't have anyone to feud with. They spent so long building The Revolution as a way to get Shera over - and the feud was blown off in that one match (between Shera & Storm). There could have been a lot of mileage in a long-term Shera/Storm feud, and I definitely can see why they'd want that match to happen in India. Would that match draw here in the States? Definitely not as well as it will draw in India, and it seems that now TNA is kind of desperate.

TNA had better have a plan-b in mind, and start executing that plan ASAP if they want to put Shera in a "personal" feud by the time they get to India. I hope they're not counting on Storm coming back to TNA, but maybe they are. TNA creative should easily be able to come up with a different feud for Shera - say against Eric Young, or someone like that. It wouldn't be difficult, if they tried. Hell, they could even have him fight Abyss - have Abyss mad at Shera for trying to "take the spotlight" from him in The Revolution as "the big guy" or something like that. Have Abyss be angry with Shera since he's the one getting all the attention for being the one who "broke up" The Revolution. They could get Manik/TJP involved as well, since he was involved in the story. To explain the reason why Abyss and/or Manik helped Shera defeat Storm could be because he (or they) needed to get rid of Storm before they could get to "the root of the real problem" (ie: Shera). Make sense? Good enough, for professional wrestling logic. There are so many ideas that could work. I'm just an idiot TNA fanboy, and all of that came off the top of my head just now. TNA creative actually gets paid to come up with stories, so why can't they just come up with something like that for Shera? TNA needs to get the creative ball rolling ASAP, and stop worrying about what Storm is or isn't doing.

My point is that TNA could come up with something (anything!!) new for Shera if they really tried, but it seems they'd rather throw money at Storm so they don't have to. Would it be easier if Storm came back to fight Shera? Of course it would. Could they find another opponent for him and make it seem personal by the time they're ready to go to India? That seems easy too, since there are plenty of wrestlers on the Impact roster for Shera to feud with that aren't currently in (major) storylines. There are probably other factors at play that we don't know about, but to me it reeks of lazy booking/writing/story-telling on the part of TNA creative. If I were part of TNA's creative team, (like I already stated) I'd be coming up with a plan b for Shera immediately. All of this focus on getting Storm to come back makes TNA look quite desperado, as well.

I don't see it happen either. James Storm is most likely WWE bound and that's the best decision for him career-wise, specially if he wants to get that coach role that has been reported. Unfortunately that's a big loss for TNA, but it's their damn fault. Management has been awful for more than a year, ence why TNA is at their lowest ever as far as status goes (and at some extent quality, really).

I loved Storm as the leader of Revolution, but somehow TNA never did capitalize on that. In the beginning of the year he was involved in the tag team division and he never really got any bigger than that. He could've wrestled a babyface Lashley or Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Championship, and if he didn't grab the gold, at least his character would've had the exposure it actually deserved. Creatively speaking, he could've more freedom in TNA to actually showcase his talents, but if he indeed (most likely) goes to NXT, I am pretty sure that he will not disappoint. He's a good wrestler all around and he can make it work with that Full Sail crowd, and if WWE sees fit (I don't know about that) he can have a small run on the main roster to help develop some young cats.

If he did indeed made a return to TNA (he won't) I would like to see him and Lashley in a feud, with Bobby Roode getting involved with the King of The Mountain Championship. At least while there's no World Champion.

James Storm is TNA bound and I prefer him there cause wwe will bury him like all ex TNA talent they had before

Agreed. It makes sense for TNA to want him back, but not vice versa. It seems that TNA kind of painted themselves into a corner creatively with Shera, because he currently doesn't have anyone to feud with. They spent so long building The Revolution as a way to get Shera over - and the feud was blown off in that one match (between Shera & Storm). There could have been a lot of mileage in a long-term Shera/Storm feud, and I definitely can see why they'd want that match to happen in India. Would that match draw here in the States? Definitely not as well as it will draw in India, and it seems that now TNA is kind of desperate.

TNA had better have a plan-b in mind, and start executing that plan ASAP if they want to put Shera in a "personal" feud by the time they get to India. I hope they're not counting on Storm coming back to TNA, but maybe they are. TNA creative should easily be able to come up with a different feud for Shera - say against Eric Young, or someone like that. It wouldn't be difficult, if they tried. Hell, they could even have him fight Abyss - have Abyss mad at Shera for trying to "take the spotlight" from him in The Revolution as "the big guy" or something like that. Have Abyss be angry with Shera since he's the one getting all the attention for being the one who "broke up" The Revolution. They could get Manik/TJP involved as well, since he was involved in the story. To explain the reason why Abyss and/or Manik helped Shera defeat Storm could be because he (or they) needed to get rid of Storm before they could get to "the root of the real problem" (ie: Shera). Make sense? Good enough, for professional wrestling logic. There are so many ideas that could work. I'm just an idiot TNA fanboy, and all of that came off the top of my head just now. TNA creative actually gets paid to come up with stories, so why can't they just come up with something like that for Shera? TNA needs to get the creative ball rolling ASAP, and stop worrying about what Storm is or isn't doing.

My point is that TNA could come up with something (anything!!) new for Shera if they really tried, but it seems they'd rather throw money at Storm so they don't have to. Would it be easier if Storm came back to fight Shera? Of course it would. Could they find another opponent for him and make it seem personal by the time they're ready to go to India? That seems easy too, since there are plenty of wrestlers on the Impact roster for Shera to feud with that aren't currently in (major) storylines. There are probably other factors at play that we don't know about, but to me it reeks of lazy booking/writing/story-telling on the part of TNA creative. If I were part of TNA's creative team, (like I already stated) I'd be coming up with a plan b for Shera immediately. All of this focus on getting Storm to come back makes TNA look quite desperado, as well.

I see TNA offering James STorm a lot of money and besides he is better off in TNA than restart nxt prison time till he wastes a couple of years and then wwe will bring him in if he proves his worthiness , you see nxt is like a probation time for all talents whether exTNA or ex ROH or indy feds
wwe will bury Storm like they did with Awesome Kong and Kaval
I see TNA bringing him in to continue the feud and give him matches in the TNA heavyweight title

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/629...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

Storm is turning down a nxt shit deal cause he has to prove his worthiness all over from scratch! I am surprised wwe didn t have a gimmick to call him the "Revolutioner" " Cowboy Stormer" wwe will bury James Storm like they buried Awesome Kong , Kaval and now STING! I don t recall STING being injured during a match in TNA hmmm sounds like it was planned to cripple Steve Borden the likes of Mc Moron to punish Borden further
James Storm has to finish something he started not just walkout like a frustrated child, he can put the indian star over and TNA will give him title shots for the TNA heavyweight Title as well. James STorm is TNA made and so is Robert Roode not wwe made !

With the constantly surfacing issues of payments being late and general instability of the company I think he should jump for even a decent offer by WWE. Maybe he likes it at TNA but if they go under that new contract is worthless. And he has to remember that if he turns WWE down the chance most likely won't come again or probably for less if he's looking for a job.

LOL look at nxt and look at TNA? Besides all Storm has to see how Samoa Joe is doing awful. I am sure Samoa Joe will tell him not worth signing nxt Remember Kaval? Awesome Kong? Imagine if AJ Styles went there wwe would bury him completely 5 feet under and have underflaker bury him lol hell no! Storm needs to be in TNA now!

Storm would be an utter fool to go to TNA, they could be off TV in a few months and even if he gets a big offer, there's a chance he won't get paid. NXT is red hot and probably the best product in US wrestling at the moment if not all pro wrestling. He's got a couple more years in him, he may as well make the most of it and at least attempt a run in WWE.

I'd say it's pretty much a done deal. Storm could move to the main roster but, for some reason, I'd see him staying in NXT both as a competitor and some sort of backstage role. Storm's 38 years old and you simply don't see WWE bringing wrestlers his age onto the main roster. Storm's not someone who'll be helping carry the company for the next 10 years, so if he does sign with WWE, I don't expect a whole helluva lot out of him, though I may very well be wrong.

As for Storm's career, if celebritynetworth.com is accurate, then Storm's set for life. I'd say the info is outdated, as it's been on there a few years without changes, but it lists his net worth at $5 million; Storm's no foolish kid or over grown frat boy believing his own hype blowing through his money in the mind set that the good times and glory days will never end. Storm's long since done everything he's going to do in TNA, the company has been struggling for a couple of years in which there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for said struggles, so NXT could be a breath of fresh air for Storm that could lead to his eventual transition to a non-wrestling role.

Storm isn't going back to TNA, first thing he has a family to feed and support. Second thing unlike TNA WWE pays their wrestlers on time.

James Storm will have more creative control in TNA than nxt county jail
He makes more money and in the same bracket like Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle so enuff said wwe morons!

I rather see James Storm fulfill his obligation and stop acting like a spoiled brat kid who seeks profitship over sportsmanship! Storm can continue the feud with Manik, Abyss and Malaki Sherra whatever his name is
Abyss needs to be or of the underflaker as he was once before cause they are ruining his character and they should bring back James M itchell his manager !

I rather see James Storm fulfill his obligation and stop acting like a spoiled brat kid who seeks profitship over sportsmanship! Storm can continue the feud with Manik, Abyss and Malaki Sherra whatever his name is
Abyss needs to be or of the underflaker as he was once before cause they are ruining his character and they should bring back James M itchell his manager !

Storm isn't obligated to do anything for anyone and ultimately he is 38 and will probably go to the company who can set him up best for retirement from wrestling. I'd imagine WWE would be that company and he wouldn't be entering NXT on a rookie type deal. Then again, stranger things have happened so he might end up back in TNA.

Also stop using the term "Underflaker". Regardless of personal opinion he is one of the best pro wrestlers of all time. You make yourself sound like an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back