• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

REMINDER: Real Men Accept Their Husbandly Duties Out Of Respect

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
In my household, I make dinner on the weekends (the wife fixes me breakfast every morning and makes dinner three out of five weekdays; we have the fortune of being able to eat out twice a week), do all the laundry, and tend to the yard. Whenever I've received oral and my wife has followed it up with a cheerful "my turn!!!," I have never denied her. Furthermore, over the next few months, when my wife starts to become fully pregnant, hormonal, and uber-nagging, I will let her know how thankful I am and how beautiful she is (I will also try to initiate sex at least four times a week). Even though the hormones and nagging will be a huge turn-off, I'll still be a trooper about the whole matter.

Why, you ask, do I do all of these things? Because it's what real men do when they are married. They do this because they see their spouses as a human being and not as some instrument to tend to their household, raise their children, and clean their balls out. Even if I didn't love my wife, I'd still have a huge amount of respect for her. While it's perfectly acceptable for one to think of a love as a necessary component of a happy and enduring marriage, respect for each other is the primary non-negotiable.

No one wants me cooking. No one.

I appreciate your attitude. Theoretically, all your visions on what it means to be a husband and expected father are terrific. But in practice laziness, selfishness, and ignorance make shit much tougher than expected. Plus desiring your wife during pregnancy may not be what is important to her during this time.

Congrats and your upcoming massive life event.

To be honest, tdgis, while they are almost certainly not meant to do so, these "reminders" just scream "I want to drag everyone else down to my level of miserable responsibility."

Daron Acemoğlu;4656247 said:
While it's perfectly acceptable for one to think of a love as a necessary component of a happy and enduring marriage, respect for each other is the primary non-negotiable.

Its how traditional marriages happened for hundreds upon thousands of years in ancient and medievil history.

As for the rest of all that shit, I dont roll with things being "mine" or "her" responsibilty. We simply help each other out whenever possible, regardless of the chore to be done. IE if the trash and full, then one of us takes it out.

I haven't gone down that path yet. Nor have I been with anyone yet that I thought I could see that happening with in the future.

Congratulations on the upcoming baby. How far along?

It'll be tougher than you thought possible but if you keep doing this and more when the baby is with you then you'll be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back