Remembering the Goalies: Tom Barrasso

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The biggest goalie in my opinion of the goalies I have chosen so far, but I think he can really get some people interested. He is an American standard, as well as a long time Pittsburgh Penguin, one of the most popular teams on the forum. Now even if you are perhaps a Post Sidney Crosby fan, you raelly need to go back and look at their best goalie in history.

Two Stanley Cups, back to back (Fleury will look to tie that fate), a Vezina win, and was rookie of the year, to go along with many other prizes. The biggest thing about his win was the Vezina and Calder came in the same year! That is considering himk the best goalie, in his first season, and to add to that, he was the youngest goalie ever in the NHL.

However, through the good career, he would miss over 150 games in his career due to injuries. He ended up winning 300 games, but I see little doubt that he could have had 400.

I was waiting for the Barrasso thread :lmao: I'm just waiting on a Kirk McLean one now...

As a long time Rangers fan, I know Barrasso pretty well. He killed us for a few years, and then the injuries started to hit him, and we made him our bitch. He was a decent goalie, but a little old school. He was a stand up goaltender, and probably used the "butterfly" more than Roy. You rarely saw him go to his back, or make an extremely exciting save (although he had one amazing glove save that I think still opens some NHL video games).

Like TM said though, I doubt he had any more in the tank. 300 wins is a big feat, and he had a nice career, but nothing extraordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back