• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reigns gets booed, what happens?

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
Ever since the Shield broke up, Dean and Roman were obviously the faces, and Seth the heel, something that stays till this day. Backstage, Roman is destined for greatness, as everyone is high on him, while by recent reports, Dean isn't being seen as a main event talent yet.

They want to push Reigns to the top really hard, and they have been giving him main events and a big win over Orton lately. The thing is, even though Reigns was getting cheers when he split up, lately it turns out that the reactions aren't as big as the officials probably wanted and sometimes, he even gets booed.

I don't think it will be anything serious, but if they don't change the way the push Reigns (especially shoving him down our throats every week), I think the boos will get louder. See Batista. Everyone was excited but when he took Bryan's win at the Rumble, everyone booed him, which consequently turned Batista heel. What happens if the boos continue to come at Reigns? Will he turn heel? How will that slow down / further his push? It is obvious that if they want him to become great, he will obviously be a face, like Bryan or Punk. But if the boos start coming, I can't see how he can remain a face.

As a sidenote, what happens if he doesn't get loud reactions as they really hope for? It seems like they will go anywhere to get Reigns over, but if he doesn't catch with the crowd, what do you do then?

When did he get boos? I did think that it seemed like the crowd occasionally turned on him during the Orton match, but as no one else brought it up, I figured I was hearing things.

Ya, during his match with Orton, and the next night on Raw I believe. He was getting small boos in other episodes too. The thing is, he isn't getting the reaction they wanted and occasionally gets booed. What if the boos keep coming louder....

Ya, during his match with Orton, and the next night on Raw I believe. He was getting small boos in other episodes too. The thing is, he isn't getting the reaction they wanted and occasionally gets booed. What if the boos keep coming louder....

Well, they won't turn him heel unless it's a last resort. It's more likely they'll put him in a lower-tier storyline and try to build him up a bit slower.

Not that they can do that right now because Cena's the only other top babyface remaining in the stable, and he's locked in place against Brock. By default for this next month, it's Reigns against the Authority, which means he's at the mercy of creative to make this push interesting.

My dark horse idea; have Reigns shun Rollins entirely and go after Kane. Make the young buck interfere in a match or two and make him chafe at being ignored AND being forced to do the dirty work, maybe have Orton in roughly the same boat(perhaps having HIM turn on Rollins for the briefcase), and most importantly, put down the Corporate Monster in a way I imagine enough people want to see after seeing him screw Ambrose time and time again AND kayfabe injure Bryan.

You know what, whoever, the WWE pushes will be boo'd by the fans and in the IWC eventually. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Batista came back after a 4 year absence and look what happened to him....almost an immediate heel turn. Why because everyone hated the fact that he won the Rumble and Bryan wasn't even in the match.

Bryan get's the crowd behind him and the "Yes" chants going, and same ****e different housecoat, happens again. He gets locked into a feud with Kane, has what I would call a horrible title run and in kayafe has to get injured because of a legitimate injury which requires surgery.

Cena who has had a long history with the IWC. You either you love him or hate him, no middle ground there. But the guy puts asses in the seats and sells them damm T-shirts and hats and will be around until literally "can't see them anymore".

In short wrestling fans are fickle, and half the time I don't think we know what we want. I just want to be entertained and don't give a shit about who wins what and where.

I don't recall Daniel Bryan getting any boos though...although to be fair, if he died they might've actually been booing the Kane storyline.

As a Reigns fan, and I at least think I can speak for many of us in wishing that Reigns had come to the aid of "his boy" Ambrose on the last Raw. I understand that Ambrose needed to be written out for the time being because of his movie commitments, but I personally don't like that they don't really have Reigns and Ambrose interact with each other anymore.

I understand they want to build up two individuals now and that The Shield definitely don't exist anymore, but having them do a tag-team match here and there or come to the aid of each other during a beatdown of somesort would be cool for us, rekindle some old memories etc. Reigns did come to Ambrose's aid a little while back, and it got a huge pop. This isn't me saying Reigns should piggy-back on Ambrose's recent momentum, but I think it helps both guys out.

some fans has no reason to boo or cheer. Wwe definitely expect he get some boo. Bcoz he handpicked by wwe authority. so some marks are booing without a reason. It doesnt matter he gets half boo. I even dont know why they chant cmpunk name when aj coming. It ruin her carrier.

some fans has no reason to boo or cheer. Wwe definitely expect he get some boo. Bcoz he handpicked by wwe authority. so some marks are booing without a reason. It doesnt matter he gets half boo. I even dont know why they chant cmpunk name when aj coming. It ruin her carrier.

It's cause she's his wife and that provides an easy excuse for them to chant his name in a futile attempt to lure him back.

If WWE has the balls to do it, they have Reign turn heel by attacking Daniel Bryan the week that Bryan returns.

WWE could've saved John Cena a lot of boos, at least temporarily, if they'd given him a decent heel run at some point during the last 7-8 years. If he'd turned heel, and done a decent job at it, the anti-Cena fans would've started cheering him, because they're morons like that. Then, when he became face again, he'd still have some good will from those same morons. It wouldn't have stopped the boos forever, but it certainly would've
helped.

And that's what they need to do with Reigns. He's likely going to get booed against anyone who's not Cena or Randy Orton. Which is not good against someone like Lesnar. So Reigns should beat Lesnar, if that's still the plan for Wrestlemania, then turn heel on Daniel Bryan the night after Wrestlemania. People would be totally into that.

If WWE has the balls to do it, they have Reign turn heel by attacking Daniel Bryan the week that Bryan returns.

WWE could've saved John Cena a lot of boos, at least temporarily, if they'd given him a decent heel run at some point during the last 7-8 years. If he'd turned heel, and done a decent job at it, the anti-Cena fans would've started cheering him, because they're morons like that. Then, when he became face again, he'd still have some good will from those same morons. It wouldn't have stopped the boos forever, but it certainly would've
helped.

And that's what they need to do with Reigns. He's likely going to get booed against anyone who's not Cena or Randy Orton. Which is not good against someone like Lesnar. So Reigns should beat Lesnar, if that's still the plan for Wrestlemania, then turn heel on Daniel Bryan the night after Wrestlemania. People would be totally into that.

Based on what exactly did you make such an assumption?
Reigns is pretty much over with the crowd, it is just that he has now hit a ceiling of sorts that his current abilities have allowed him to reach, thus, unless he can "Adapt" to this situation, he could be on his way to perishing.

However, many seem to be talking as though the guy can't improve anymore in the next 6 months.
As a couple others mentioned, it is possible that the rumoured "Final Authority Showdown" vs Triple H(Rumour had it, this one was supposed to be a SummerSlam match, then it was moved to a possible NoC match...) could well be held off until Mania 31 itself...since the Reigns-Lesnar one is just a rumour after all....

Tbh, Reigns is now in Sink/Swim mode, or as Triple H said a couple months ago, it is time for him to "Adapt or Perish". However, it is Creative's job to address the stuff which the Hardcore fans especially will get on his back for, especially his ability to garner interest in his in-ring work. There is enough evidence seen in his NXT videos that he does know how to do much more stuff than he is showing...tbh, he is doing even less Wrestling moves now than he did as part of the Shield(when he was being protected by his 2 partners).

The strange thing is that, in the past couple of weeks, he has introduced moves into his armoury(DDT, Vertical Suplex, Sleeper Hold) that he has only used as one-offs...why not just let him add a new move and keep it...it could go a long way into making his matches a bit less predicatable...

As for his Mic Work...I think he is still very much finding a delivery style that suits him when doing the scripted stuff portraying his BadAss type character.
Watch the MizTV segment from last SmackDown, and in there, you will be able to see the Good Promo side of Roman Reigns, and the Bad Promo side of Roman Reigns in that Single segment.

Tbh, after studying where his best promo moments come, a more light hearted Reigns might well help bring out some personality that this BadAss type persona doesn't allow...

@ WarroBODfan:

Agreed.
The lack of interaction with Ambrose and Rollins has hurt him somewhat,tbh.
I think that as long as they are all a part of the Authority angle, then some form of interaction is required at points. It helps the fans get on board with them more easily as it is indeed illogical that Reigns would totally disregard Rollins, and never ever think about helping out Ambrose at all.

Yes, I do get that they are attempting to make the guys go on their own and not piggyback each other, but based on how everything has played, you'd think that some form of interaction would actually help them in their Singles run rather than acting as though Roman Reigns was never a part of the Shield trio....

Reigns with the boos he's getting, then WWE must realize that keeping Reigns as a babyface might and could backfire on them in the long run and that he is probably best better off being a heel because at least then Reigns would not have the fans turning on him because he would already be a heel and Reigns as a heel Superman he would be more successful

Reigns with the boos he's getting, then WWE must realize that keeping Reigns as a babyface might and could backfire on them in the long run and that he is probably best better off being a heel because at least then Reigns would not have the fans turning on him because he would already be a heel and Reigns as a heel Superman he would be more successful

All of that is true. Remember, the way Reigns came to prominence in the first place was being a bad guy, which was supported by his sinister appearance and the evil deeds he performed......the very mission of his team was based in "heel-dom." Further, his lack of inspiration on the mic was covered up by his two Shield partners who, especially in the early days of the team, did almost all the talking. Yes, in the latter days of the team, Roman was thrust forward, but don't forget how it was at the beginning.

I'm constantly harping that whenever an individual performer is being discussed as to what role he should portray, just about every post tells us he should be a heel.....'cause after all, it's easier to make people hate you than like you. In the case of Roman Reigns, everything about him screams "bad guy"..... and I believe the boos he's hearing now are a reflection of the company using him as a face; a role in which he doesn't really belong.

Don't worry, though....he'll get heeled up eventually.

Yes he will and I believe as a heel Roman Reigns can only thrive but as a babyface his character just doesn't scream babyface at all in any way shape or form, his character screams heel more than anything else but apparently WWE wants him in that Cena type role of being the face of the company

But the funny thing is is that Reigns is a 2nd generation superstar, I bet none of you guys knew that did you? Reigns comes from a great wrestling lineage a great wrestling family Reigns comes from being the son of WWE Hall of Famer and one half of the Wild Samoans Sika of the Anoa'i family so Reigns is related to Rock, Rikishi, Usos, Yokozuna, etc.

I'd rather Reigns be more of an anti-hero than a hero. When he first turned 'face', he continued to act just as he did as a heel without using the underhanded tactics. But lately he's been getting face pops like saying how 'he's happy to see the crowd too' and smiling a lot more.

I'd rather Reigns be more of an anti-hero than a hero. When he first turned 'face', he continued to act just as he did as a heel without using the underhanded tactics. But lately he's been getting face pops like saying how 'he's happy to see the crowd too' and smiling a lot more.

Agreed.

I too felt that way. A sort of an Avenging Angel gimmick of sorts.

However, I also felt that an Anti-Hero Reigns and even Bray Wyatt with his Cult Leader persona, shouldn't be making weekly appearances, rather they should be kept as fresh as possible to make fans actually look forward to their appearances, rather than force them down our throats.

Roman is cena 2.0 I don't see what is so great about him but Ambrose and rollins are $$$ ps can sOmeone tell me why the Fuck roman didn't get a ounce of revenge of Seth for hitting him with a chair ??

Based on what exactly did you make such an assumption?

It's not so much an assumption as much as it is an educated guess. Any time that WWE pushes a guy who's considered "a product of the machine," they eventually start getting booed. See: Cena, John; Orton, Randy.

It's the IWC's golden boys that can get pushed to the top, people don't really turn on them. So, if Reigns is being "pushed down our throats," as Cena haters like to say, while the likes of Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins aren't getting opportunities, then yes, Reigns will definitely get booed.

The longer a WWE guy has been pushed, the more boos they get. The three biggest WWE guys at the moment are Cena, Orton and Reigns. People are far more sick of Cena and Orton, so Reigns will likely be spared boos when he comes up against those guys in the future, once the crowd has turned.

Either way that is how Cena's run to the top started, 2005 Cena before Mania 21 he was getting cheered like no tomorrow he was actually beloved by fans young and old but then eventually people started to get tired of Cena as soon as his 2005 run started to become much more prominent, watch the same thing happen to Reigns with half the crowd cheering him and half the crowd booing him

If people start booing Roman Reigns it proves that once again, the IWC are a bunch of spoiler fickle brats who cry when they don't get their own way. I am one of those fans who gets very easily ticked off by those types of fans who constantly bash and hate on John Cena like there's no tomorrow and then when WWE do push someone else, they fucking boo them. Now explain that to me someone will you? I am sick of people being sheep and I wish they would think for themselves.

If people start booing Roman Reigns it proves that once again, the IWC are a bunch of spoiler fickle brats who cry when they don't get their own way. I am one of those fans who gets very easily ticked off by those types of fans who constantly bash and hate on John Cena like there's no tomorrow and then when WWE do push someone else, they fucking boo them. Now explain that to me someone will you? I am sick of people being sheep and I wish they would think for themselves.

I guess that is just the fans of today while us old school fans actually respect said wrestlers because IWC are just a bunch of spoiled brats -

If the wwe want stop the boos and keep him face simply just turn him heel, the IWC are a pack of morons who will cheer him because "its not whats meant to happen". The IWC are like an anti-drug campaigner who still uses

Yes you have the right idea in the sense that if WWE want people, that being the fans to stop booing Reigns then instead of keeping him as a babyface they should simply turn him back heel again and then Reigns won't be as hated as he is now

You know what, whoever, the WWE pushes will be boo'd by the fans and in the IWC eventually. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Batista came back after a 4 year absence and look what happened to him....almost an immediate heel turn. Why because everyone hated the fact that he won the Rumble and Bryan wasn't even in the match.

Bryan get's the crowd behind him and the "Yes" chants going, and same ****e different housecoat, happens again. He gets locked into a feud with Kane, has what I would call a horrible title run and in kayafe has to get injured because of a legitimate injury which requires surgery.

Cena who has had a long history with the IWC. You either you love him or hate him, no middle ground there. But the guy puts asses in the seats and sells them damm T-shirts and hats and will be around until literally "can't see them anymore".

In short wrestling fans are fickle, and half the time I don't think we know what we want. I just want to be entertained and don't give a shit about who wins what and where.

I agree with this, and I think that WWE needs to ignore cheers in some circumstances.

What people need to remember is, any reaction is a GOOD reaction. People booing a wrestler means that they care enough about the wrestler to at least boo him.

Cena has operated for years being a face, and getting booed. WWE don't turn him, so they must progress with their pushing of Roman Reigns as a face, no matter what the fans do.

It was the fans cheering Randy Orton that turned him face a couple of years ago, and he sucked as a face. WWE should stick to their plans, and people can cheer or boo, but it means that they are watching and reacting. Better that than silence.

A wrestling push shouldn't be over if fans cheer a heel or boo a face. It's when you hear crickets, that is when the wrestler is in trouble.

The best way to keep Roman Reigns over as a babyface is to have him feud with John Cena. This was working for him leading into Money In The Bank and Battleground. They teased their confrontation and perhaps a future feud. I would seriously have him feud with Triple H for the next couple of PPV's, and then have him and Cena on the same team at Survivor Series, leading to them disagreeing and losing and then going all out against one another. TLC could be headlined by Reigns vs Cena... and it could even continue through to the Royal Rumble and a blowoff at Elimination Chamber. The live audience wants something new and fresh... new vs old. It'd get him over big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back