Redemption Discussion: Mayhem Title Match

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
1234822_459962714116610_1605087003_n.jpg

Mayhem Rules

After months and months of Vega making his issues known about the lack of competition, WZCW finally answered his prayers and has been giving Vega the best competition there is... but seemingly has fallen short during his encounters with the best of the best. Angry and unfulfilled, the Mayhem champion has blamed all his troubles and the hypocrisy he has received on the soon-to-be WZCW Legend Titus who was receiving all the fanfare in the world despite losing his title match at Kingdom Come V.

Vega decided to make things personal and assaulted Titus, making him an example to everyone on the WZCW roster and management that he needs to be respected. However, what he didn't anticipate was the fight that Titus would bring back to Vega, reminding Vega that he picked the wrong person to make an example out of. After the retaliation, it had been settled that the two would take each other on in a fight that neither man could resist - a Mayhem rules contest.

With the Mayhem title on the line, the stakes could never be higher: the longest reigning Mayhem champion will get his toughest challenger yet and will be looking to show why he is the best but Titus has never held the Mayhem title, one of the only titles left for the legend to add to his resume. Both men will throw everything, and anything, at each other to walk out as the Mayhem champion come Redemption.

Fun match here for sure. This is definitely one I could see going either way, although I'd imagine neither man would be all too upset with losing. As people have been saying for a while, Vega seems to have outgrown the Mayhem title a bit and deserves some time with the big boys. It would also be kind of strange to see Titus seemingly move down so far on the card. That being said, this match makes a lot of sense and the build up was well down fo sho.

I'm gonna predict Vega wins just barely. If Vega does win, I wonder if Titus will keep feuding with him or if Vega gets a new challenge thrown at him. I'm alright with either guy winning though.

This is a similar situation to the last major battle Titus found himself in with one major exception; Vega is ready to move beyond this division and has been for some time. His quality has been increasing week after week and he's shown his capability to hang with bigger names recently. Titus going down would be the icing on his cake. That said, Titus may well need this win. For him this is a shot at redemption (no pun intended). He can finally overcome a villain and take back some gold to Keystone.

Depending on what creative has in store for the Mayhem belt, I think we might have a vacant belt should Vega win, and while I think this is his to lose, something tells me that there's one heck of an RP coming up on the Geordie end of things so my prediction is Titus to become the new Mayhem Champion.

One thing remains a definite as we go into this match: Vega doesn't need the Mayhem belt anymore. Being completely honest here, Vega is the 3rd best RP'er here at the moment imo. And with all the amazing RP'ers here, that's saying a fucking lot.

As for Titus, he's been quite unfortunate this cycle. A no-show, a loss (although to #2 and #3 of the company, though teaming with #1) and a win over a skilled guy still finding his feet. Coupled with his loss at KC, and his momentum is not looking too great. But Titus has a perfect chance to bounce back and take the win here. He is, after all, one of the longest time performers in the fed and he has done his fair share of stuff here too.

Overall, I think Vega is the hottest thing coming into this match, and I think Infinity is going to take this match VERY seriously with his RP. Though I could see a storyline loss just to take the title from Vega. If anything, it's the title holding Vega back, not the opposite. But if that doesn't happen, I'm backing Vega.

Vega is way bigger than the Mayhem title, hence the Elite X challenge. Will be two cracking RP's.

Vega is way bigger than the Mayhem title, hence the Elite X challenge. Will be two cracking RP's.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering if creative decided to have the Elite X Title defended (almost) every round because I've kinda taken the Mayhem Title away from the lower card... but then they throw in the stipulation that if you hold it for long enough, you get a freakin' World Title Shot, so that... to me at least, still makes the Elite X title more prestigious than the Mayhem Title... especially, because IMO there isn't a single person in this company holding onto a championship that isn't an absolutely stellar RPer. I mean, Showtime, S.H.I.T., Chris KO, Saboteur, and myself? Those are some pretty serious title holders.

If I were to beat Titus, it would be my 7th defense. I'd love to win just so in my next RP I could pull a classic Vega bitchfest/rant about defending the title 7 times and getting jack shit for it, while whoever does it with the Elite X title will get the World Title shot.

On a sidenote, I think WZCW's "lower card" is as strong as I've seen it in my little over a year being here. I put lower card in quotations because it's really quite strong. When I debuted, the lower card consisted of people like Jimmy Flynn, Jacoby Capone, Thrash, Josh Young, and a Ricky Runn who hadn't found his footing as a singles competitor just yet... but now? Now you've got people like Dr. Coberer, Bobby Adams, Theron Daggershield, Fallout, Corvus (really hope his hiatus is a quick one because man did he find something great with that character), Grizzly Bob, a much improved Dustin Hunter... I mean, damn. Honestly, if I had to defend/feud with this lower card as opposed to the people I battled in my beginnings as champ... I don't think I would have been champ this long. I'm selfish, and love being Mayhem Champion, but part of me really wishes I could see those amazing talents have a title to fight for.

Oh, and Vega over Titus... easy.

<3Lee<3

This is definitely going to be Vega's best challenge to date - the veteran Lee who is known to blindside his opponents in the face with some amazing material when push comes to shove, especially during big PPV matches. He's given a lot of people a run for his money and I believe Vega is going to run harder than ever. Considering his recent string of loses since Kingdom Come, I feel that Vega is in real trouble and for once, I think Vega's chances are winning can be pretty slim. That said, I've seen some interesting pieces from Vega and should he have the material, he can contend against Lee.

Prediction: Titus (closest contest of the night)

Vega's more than capable of winning here and so is Titus, though while I feel Vega is ready the move up the card the Gold Rush Tourney kinda negates that for the next cycle. So with that in mind I'll pick Vega despite his shortcomings this cycle is still pretty consistent.

I chuckled a bit at calling what I've done this past cycle "shortcomings," but I can't really retort that. Honestly, those two "shortcomings," or losses, I took against Barbosa & Showtime... RP wise... are two of the performances I'm most proud of in this fed so far. I've never in my life been more okay with losing, especially back to back, then this past cycle against those two guys. Especially since working with Barbs in the tag match last round was seriously an absolute pleasure, and I can't emphasize that enough.

I'm extremely uncertain about this match. Lee can beat anyone and Vega seems to be almost infallible where he steps up massively at PPV's.

The match should be fun but I haven't enjoyed the build to this at all. It just seems too pushed and has come off as forced and planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back