• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Red Dead Redemption: the movie???

Fallen Angel 21.3

Getting Noticed By Management
For those of you who have played the game, it is good enough to be made in a movie, but it will either be a bust or a money maker. This could be better than Doom which everybody knows that is kinda a crap movie. The rumor that is going around that they want Brad Pitt to play the role of John Marston. Do you think this movie could be worse than Doom or could it be one of the few games that can be a great movie. Also which actors would you want to play as the characters in Red Dead?

It would be pretty average I think because I thought the story was only above average. There are plenty of better options for Hollywood to use if they wanted to use video games as source materials.

So yeah, I'd much rather see a Bioshock or Halo or even Mass Effect series put to film.

Rockstar make great games and the stories are good but I'm not convinced it will make for a good film.

I love westerns, and I love Red Dead Redemption. But I'm not sure if I want to see Red Dead made into a movie. As Numbers said the story is good, but it isn't fantastic. The actual gameplay is what everbody loves about the game, not the storyline. And I think there aren't many games that should be made into movies. When games are being made the main focous is graphics, and gameplay, the storyline becomes secondary.

I don't think they would make it right, My dad was a huge westerns fan in his time. I've seen quite a few with him, but to me the westerns market is dead. It's not dead for the movies that are allredy made, but unless it's a remake with good actors like True Grit. You arent going to make that much money off of it, because of the actors. Most of the great western actors are all dead, now I'm also not saying that someone in hollywood couldn't play it. But who is really willing to put money on an actor who has never had any experence playing a western style movie.

I don't think they would make it right, My dad was a huge westerns fan in his time. I've seen quite a few with him, but to me the westerns market is dead. It's not dead for the movies that are allredy made, but unless it's a remake with good actors like True Grit. You arent going to make that much money off of it, because of the actors. Most of the great western actors are all dead, now I'm also not saying that someone in hollywood couldn't play it. But who is really willing to put money on an actor who has never had any experence playing a western style movie.

The True Grit remake was a fucking disgrace to John Wayne. I can understand what you mean but That is one of the few movies that should have never been remade. I guess I am the only one who wouldn't mind if this game was made into a movie because the storyline was one of the best game storylines i have seen in a long time. If worst comes to worst i might be watching another DOOM clusterfuck but if would have a good following watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back